As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wildstar] J. Gaffney steps down as Carbine President

1939495969799»

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Stormtalon is one of the two servers (pergo being the other) that are actually well populated. Exile side especially (prolly why your queues are better). So it's easy not to notice.

But if you read up on the game often you definitely week major guilds leaving and others struggling to have full raids every night.

But what really stings is when I have maybe 1 hour to play and queueing for every bg in the game is only getting me one pop the whole time I am on. That's pretty bad.

But mainly it sucks going from 300+ people here to no posts on the thread in nearly 36 hours

• SomeWarlockSomeWarlock Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Stormtalon is one of the two servers (pergo being the other) that are actually well populated. Exile side especially (prolly why your queues are better). So it's easy not to notice.

But if you read up on the game often you definitely week major guilds leaving and others struggling to have full raids every night.

But what really stings is when I have maybe 1 hour to play and queueing for every bg in the game is only getting me one pop the whole time I am on. That's pretty bad.

But mainly it sucks going from 300+ people here to no posts on the thread in nearly 36 hours

The lack of posting is just the fact most people aren't going to comment on a game they're no longer actively playing. That said, yeah, population issues continue to be an issue at large. Engima is the world first guild, and the farthest into the 40 man, but even they're struggling to recruit people. They keep suffering attrition, and the rate of replacement isn't high enough to sustain(They're back to trying to 36man the 40mans for lack of people, IIRC). The world first Oceanic guild just outright disbanded the other day over recruitment issues and people quitting the game; the thing about them is they're the world first guilds. If someone quits them, they're almost certainly quitting the game/raiding completely, since there is no-one head of them. And when the very best guilds in the world can't find people, the game is already having problems(since world first guilds should be shielded from population issues the most).

People on Stormtalon(Exile)/Pergo won't notice right away, but the game is bleeding people, fast. The game's slow death on those servers will be delayed by the influx of people from other servers replacing people as they quit. But eventually, like the raiding scene is realizing, cannibalism only goes so far. The game is just going to run out of people.

It's sad really, most people want the game to succeed.

• Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    Game is either going to go free2play before xmas or its going to go away.

Its either one or the other right now.

Its many reasons, but mostly its that people don't want to pay for a major MMO that isn't wow anymore and even Wow is losing subs. Pay for a game that is still in its buggy release state just does not appeal to people.

In fact there should be a name for a game that's been released but still in that "Lots of unforeseen bugs and hardware fixes that wasn't caught in beta, because who could guess what kind of hardware is in use or stupid shit players would do" phase most major games have. You know the first week in any major game(or month in an MMO) when they hotfix it every day.

I suggest Release Delta phase.

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    TOR fell flat on its face, and it's managed to turn itself around. That kind of thing doesn't happen overnight, although I'll say that NCSoft is basically the worst publisher to have if you're an MMO developer in need of a second chance. Even if they allow you to go free, and even if you manage to start turning a profit, you are still likely to get tossed on the street because you weren't making as much profit as your corporate overlords demand.

We'll have to wait and see, but their pre-launch hubris is starting to look pretty unfortunate in retrospect.

YL9WnCY.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    *pours one out on the curb for City of Heroes, which was popular, making profit, and still had content being worked on when they got canned out of nowhere*

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Yeah the COH deal is the only reason I am remotely worried. Other than the inability to play PVP right now.

If I had a few more CREDD under my belt I would begin the sound "activate a CREDD every 3 months" strategy to keep them from being deleted and also to check in.

It's not like my play time is about to get any better with school starting in a few weeks.

• sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    Tayrun wrote: »
    I actually don't get all the sadnesses.

I'm playing on Stormtalon, the queues for anything never go beyond 15mins and are generally less than 8, in my experience. Thayd is always crazy busy. Economy is doing fine, enough supply and demand. Raiding is going fine, guild is showing steady growth in attuned players. There's bugs in the game and stuff that ought to be done better, but that's all getting changed next drop, which'll be soon, so...

I mean, it'd suck if there was nobody around. But there's server merges and stuff around the corner, so, yeah.

Why is everyone so sad? :/

MMOs cost a lot of money and so they don't come out very often. Everyone is sick of WOW and wants a new MMO to take over. If the new MMO isn't a huge massive success then it's considered a failure in many eyes. The standards for MMOs these days are so god damn high it's almost unattainable.

• SomeWarlockSomeWarlock Registered User regular
    sumwar wrote: »
    Tayrun wrote: »
    I actually don't get all the sadnesses.

I'm playing on Stormtalon, the queues for anything never go beyond 15mins and are generally less than 8, in my experience. Thayd is always crazy busy. Economy is doing fine, enough supply and demand. Raiding is going fine, guild is showing steady growth in attuned players. There's bugs in the game and stuff that ought to be done better, but that's all getting changed next drop, which'll be soon, so...

I mean, it'd suck if there was nobody around. But there's server merges and stuff around the corner, so, yeah.

Why is everyone so sad? :/

MMOs cost a lot of money and so they don't come out very often. Everyone is sick of WOW and wants a new MMO to take over. If the new MMO isn't a huge massive success then it's considered a failure in many eyes. The standards for MMOs these days are so god damn high it's almost unattainable.

Part of the reason for that is that the market is kind of saturated. There's a ton of MMOs out there, some of them good(and some of them free to play), and many that aren't bad, but just mediocre. So being another mediocre MMO in a market full of them just isn't going to excite people, and going to draw some "Why bother?" elements from others.

I don't think you can say anything about what people want from MMOs, since people who play MMOs is a wide group of people. But if you're going into the MMO market now, you've got to offer something exciting, something that shakes up the genre, something that makes people give a damn about the game. Because currently, there are tons of MMOs that follow the model WoW perfected, and that model is very well treaded ground. Either you need to do something do something new and exciting, something that the dozens of other MMOs don't do, or you best knock it out of the ballpark. Too many games try to do the "the same, but better!" routine, and fail to do "the better!" part. And no-one is going to give a shit about "the same, and not even better" that plagues MMOs.

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Well like I said. I'm taking a break until they fix some things maybe but it's never going to be the same as it was during launch. I'll continue to maintain the thread though since I am still interested fully in what they plan to be doing from this point forwards

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • LehmanLehman Registered User regular
    Not sure if these exist or not but if anyone happens to have a free trial key they wouldn't mind parting with I would like to try the game out before I buy it. I have been away from the pc gaming/mmo scene for a while but i just got a new rig and wanted to try the game out.

Xbox Live: LehmanCM
    SteamID: steamcommunity.com/id/lehmancm/
    BnS: Draggan (Server:Poharan)
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    So uh...who's going to make the new thread?

YL9WnCY.png
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    So uh...who's going to make the new thread?

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/192568/wildstar-get-it-together-edition

Post here nao

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
This discussion has been closed.