As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Prime LIVE Discussion. talk, brag, make us that arent going Jealous of all the pins!

AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
Seperate thread for prime, those on the front lines let us know whats happening, details, photos, ANYTHING

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png

• MozleronMozleron WotC Build engineer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm about to go find some dinner up on Broadway and then some Molly Moon ice cream before turning in to rest up for the mayhem that is day 1.

• FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular

Blah how do i make it actually display rather than link

edited August 2014
    You got it to display, but it appears to no longer be a thing that is happening. All they are doing is handing out some strange blue shirts to a bunch of strange people with black badges...

Also, after the blue shirt frenzy died down, I asked and apparently this is a thing that may be happening at various times during the show.

Mozleron on
  • FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    @odinson83‌ and I drew first blood on Jamie's new pin. We were the first to snag the corgi!

Frostbyte on
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Spent an evening talking with Jeff Kalles and Adam from Ubisoft in the Elephant and Castle. Very chill evening, even with the Seahawks losing at a baseball stadium.

• FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    Spent an evening talking with Jeff Kalles and Adam from Ubisoft in the Elephant and Castle. Very chill evening, even with the Seahawks losing at a baseball stadium.

So you tracked him down finally after you went to the wrong pub? :P

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Yea Pinfobooth will only have stuff on display when it is chill. We did set up the "Take a Pinny, Leave a Pinny" board for it though, and Kristin has her awesome blanket. The afternoons when it is quieter will be your best bet for pins at Pinfobooth. But even if you don't see them out, feel free to ask, they are never far.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • AjaxonAjaxon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I won't be there today due to work (a couple of my co-workers got it off before I had a chance to request it AND THEY AREN'T EVEN GOING TO PAX!!!), but will be there in full force on Saturday and Sunday.

I seriously have never been this excited for PAX.

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    8:40 am. First pins sold by merch. They are now in the wild.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • PiggoPiggo Registered User regular
    What time does the Merch booth open usually?

• sanchx32sanchx32 Montoursville, PARegistered User regular
    Just got through The Order, pin is not a give all the time, shirt everytime. Pin is random if the guy likes your moustache drawing, he said they had 300...not sure on accuracy, but he was the guy giving them out.

Digital Lanyard

“Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” – Yoda, Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace, 1999
  • Goddess of MadnessGoddess of Madness Registered User regular
    So the whole you'll find free give away pins has been a bust for me so far... And no staff siteings because my phone is effed for twitter. Any newbie advice?

• thx42thx42 SeattleRegistered User regular
    Some random details (from memory) -

Adventure Time (set of 4 - $30 + tax)
    Catbug ($10 + tax)
    Creepy Doll ($10)
    Wilson ($10)
    Red ($15)
    Talent Pipes ($15)
    Sunset Overdrive (can get from tweeting photo of yourself from their photo booth at Paramount)
    Panda Espresso ($15)
    Scott Kurtz also had Skull Fart and Bard Rock for $25
    Weedontwancha Cats ($15)
    The Next Level (you get a passport you have to get stamped, 6 game demos + 2 other booths)

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    So day one was my pin day where I wanted to grab as many as possible and relax a bit the rest of pax... Managed 90% including the LE ten year, iron horde and a bunch of staff pins I didn't expect to get

Good day so far

Still need ETC and garruk (ugh, lines)

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    When I showed up at the info both at around 9pm or so, I saw six Elspeth and five Garruk pins. If you need those, that is a place to try; once the crowds die down, of course.

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    New garruk?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    edited August 2014
    Order 1066 is the hard get for the con. Huge pain in the butt. The Next Level is a close second... Annoying that you need to spend so much time doing 7 demos.

Frostbyte on
  • desocietasdesocietas Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    New garruk?

Yup, there's a second half to the Garruk pin

edited September 2014
    Here's my Day 1 haul:
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/km/8x4mi2ijrlgs.jpg

I included all of the older sets because i got them autographed by Mike and Jerry during their signing session today. I still have a lot of work to make sure i get enough for my trading partners, but at this rate, it should be no problem.

zerzhul on
  • creid8creid8 Registered User regular
    sanchx32 wrote: »
    Just got through The Order, pin is not a give all the time, shirt everytime. Pin is random if the guy likes your moustache drawing, he said they had 300...not sure on accuracy, but he was the guy giving them out.
    Ugh, what? They didn't even look at my drawing. No "golden shirt" for me.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Triple Town has a special backing?

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • sirmrejsirmrej Seattle areaRegistered User regular
    How easy hard is it to get wotc and blizzard pins?

• Manic2kManic2k Brotherhood of the Squirrel [AUS]Registered User regular
    from what I can see the iron horde pin looks awesome >.<~!

Pinny arcade - Pin Pals community page: www.facebook.com/pinnypals
    Community Pinny Arcade Trading web site: http://www.pinnypals.com
    Pinny Arcade - Pin Pals twitter: @PA_PinPals
    SubReddit:http://www.reddit.com/r/pinnypals
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pinnypals
    edited September 2014
    Mozleron wrote: »

How did you get the Acquisitions Inc pin already?

zerzhul on
  • adambargadambarg Forward the Pinglorious Basterds!Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    sirmrej wrote: »
    How easy hard is it to get wotc and blizzard pins?

Easy if you have time to burn. WotC was 1 hour and 1/2 hour for 2 trips through the line, Iron Horde (WoW demo) was around an hour, ETC (HotS) was a little over 2 hours.

Your mileage may vary.

adambarg on
    ChMDm4Y.png
    edited August 2014
    How did you get the Acquisitions Inc pin already?
    "I know a guy."

Also, if you go play D&D in the Motif hotel, 4th floor, you can score one.

Mozleron on
    Oops, nevermind, just noticed your tag ;)

Friday morning I was able to head upstairs to 6th floor around 9:40, and there was no line at all. Hammered out We Love Fine and 2 free pins (Moonrise and Age of Empires) in about 1/2 hour.

ChMDm4Y.png
    8:02a and merch line is now capped, FYI.

adambarg wrote: »
    Friday morning I was able to head upstairs to 6th floor around 9:40, and there was no line at all. Hammered out We Love Fine and 2 free pins (Moonrise and Age of Empires) in about 1/2 hour.
    Before the show floor opened?

• cabbie98cabbie98 Registered User regular
    Favorite trade so far: two sketch pins for a gauntlet gophers sketch from tavis.

WiiU: cabbie98
    3DS FC: 4382-1976-1645
    Pin Pals Digital Lanyard
    Merch line opened up maybe around 8:45! More time to wait in new lines :p

• ZeusheroZeushero PAX -E-ast Registered User regular
    I saw the first person go up to the register around 835. So around that time

• sirmrejsirmrej Seattle areaRegistered User regular
    Has anyone seen a 2014 year stamped Pinny Arcade logo Staff pin? At East 2014 I got a staff pin from line staff, and it was stamped 2013. My brain squirrel wants a 2014 one... (and if anyone has one and wants to trade, PM me)

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Onlock managed to wrangle me a kuchera head so that's nice.

My pinny pal Odin is doing an AMAZING job. Constant twitter updates with pics of his loot and hes pretty much got everything I asked for! If you ever want to worj / trade with a dedicated trader he is your man!

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    My group is doing great so far. Constantly updating me while i cheer them on from afar. We almost had a pax pox related casualty, however. Stay vigilant everyone, the pox targets everyone.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
    For those interested, here is the Prime 2014 Full set price info (~$295).

$30 Pins ($60):
    - PAX Prime 2014 set
    - Adventure Time set

$15 Pins ($105):
    - 10th Anniversary Pin
    - Weedonwantcha Cats
    - Panda Espresso
    - Red
    - Talent Pipes
    - Cthulhu Dice
    - Triple Town Bear

$10 Pins ($50):
    - Catbug
    - Honey Hug
    - Cup Cake
    - Wilson
    - Creepy Doll

Trades (~$80 of trade fodder)
    - 13x Staff 2.0 Pins

Free Pins:
    - Merch 2.0 (w/$99 purchase)
    - Age of Empires
    - Tiamat
    - Dark Garruk
    - Sunset Overdrive
    - The Order: 1066 (good f*ckin luck)
    - The Next Level
    - Moonrise
    - Elite Tauren Chieftain
    - Iron Horde

creid8 wrote: »
    Before the show floor opened?

No, you still had to wait until 10 to go into the expo room proper. There's just no line to wait in.

ChMDm4Y.png
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I'm done outside of staff and Tiamat, but I'm in line for the latter now.