As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime LIVE Discussion. talk, brag, make us that arent going Jealous of all the pins!

• Options
    timebeingtimebeing Registered User regular
    Got my Tiamat from a WotC worker. Traded a Hanna for it. Saves me 5 hours 2 in line and 3 in the panel. Can go to the parties now.

• Options
    creid8creid8 Registered User regular
    adambarg wrote: »
    creid8 wrote: »
    Before the show floor opened?

No, you still had to wait until 10 to go into the expo room proper. There's just no line to wait in.
    Hm, I didn't think they let people up there early.

• Options
    MozleronMozleron WotC Build engineer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Here's Day 2 for me:
    dafk31mtoigm.jpg

One more Order 1886, Moonrise, Sunset Overdrive, Scott and Kris, and a few more Staff, as well as those blasted Blizzard pins. I really need to camp the exit to the Blizzard booth and see if I can trade/buy those off people as they exit... I've got plenty of trade bait, including some extra of the WotC pins, among others, so lets make a deal! :smile:

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Whats the deal with catbug not being in the adventure time set, did you need to do something extra to get that or was it a seperate purchase

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    Whats the deal with catbug not being in the adventure time set, did you need to do something extra to get that or was it a seperate purchase

Catbug isn't an Adventure Time character.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    Mozleron wrote: »
    Here's Day 2 for me:
    dafk31mtoigm.jpg

One more Order 1886, Moonrise, Sunset Overdrive, Scott and Kris, and a few more Staff, as well as those blasted Blizzard pins. I really need to camp the exit to the Blizzard booth and see if I can trade/buy those off people as they exit... I've got plenty of trade bait, including some extra of the WotC pins, among others, so lets make a deal! :smile:

Duuuude. I saw you earlier in the day today! We were talking about how an awesome mustache like yours deserves an Order pin, haha.

• Options
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Ayefkay wrote: »

Catbug isn't an Adventure Time character.

Yeah that'll do it.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    BrewtiConBrewtiCon Registered User regular
    Heading to the merch line now for a bit of waiting and ds time. Just enough pin-come for a prime set and some extra staff pin trades

Take a look at my pins
  • Options
    Standing in line at the merch booth, traded a PAX east Garuuk for two iron horde pins. I just need to figure out how land the Tauren Chieftain in a similar way...

• Options
    Then we are close, oh holder of two Iron Horde Pins. I'm in the line with my red Scarf o' pins.

I think I'm making pin addicts. I should steer them to the forums...

Take a look at my pins
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Anniversary pins are sold out. Must've been by about an hour of them going on sale.
    in the main PAX line setting up my trade lanyard. Hoping to get all the staff pins, blizzard pins, and hopefully the 1886 pin, too.

Edit: I have high hopes

BrewtiCon on
    Take a look at my pins
  • Options
    Heads up. Next Level passports won't be passed out till noon. Lady said there will be about a hundred to a hundred fifty(ish?) then. But if you want one now, you have to sign up for the competition.

Take a look at my pins
  • Options
    desocietasdesocietas Registered User regular
    I have a spare blank passport if someone really wants one now. but it's pretty close to noon and they said people couldn't do an open demo until then anyway.

• Options
    Unless I land something totally amazing tomorrow, this is my last brag photo, as my East and Aus Pals are going to be getting their full sets in the mail sometime within the next couple of weeks. (about goddamned time STFU, i'm sure some of you are saying) :smile:

kds3lq4lfd80.jpg

I'll try to set up a bigger "everything" shot once i get it all back home.

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Day 3 finished, I have gotten everything needed. I am currently somewhere between buzzed and fucked up, looking forward to the last day. But also, lamenting the fact it is the last day and once again will be missing my PAX Buddies.

• Options
    Manic2kManic2k Brotherhood of the Squirrel [AUS]Registered User regular
    Post PAX depression sucks, I am not looking foreward to getting hit with it this year.

Pinny arcade - Pin Pals community page: www.facebook.com/pinnypals
    Community Pinny Arcade Trading web site: http://www.pinnypals.com
    Pinny Arcade - Pin Pals twitter: @PA_PinPals
    SubReddit:http://www.reddit.com/r/pinnypals
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pinnypals
  • Options
    Manic2kManic2k Brotherhood of the Squirrel [AUS]Registered User regular
    I'm gonna say this in the signed pins section as well, but the more I see signed pins the more I like the look of them :S , I mean check out @Mozleron‌ 's signed Acq inc set.. so awesome.

Pinny arcade - Pin Pals community page: www.facebook.com/pinnypals
    Community Pinny Arcade Trading web site: http://www.pinnypals.com
    Pinny Arcade - Pin Pals twitter: @PA_PinPals
    SubReddit:http://www.reddit.com/r/pinnypals
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pinnypals
  • Options
    Manic2k wrote: »
    Post PAX depression sucks, I am not looking foreward to getting hit with it this year.

im feeling it for prime and i didnt even go there!

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    How was the trading event for everyone? I saw the line and realized it was just staff people trading inside and decided to skip it. Did trade my extra Aus Gabe for an Aus Logo to finish my set with some one in line. So that was nice. Trading is down this year. Had a lot more people last year stop me to trade. This year everyone just wanted the Aus Gabe or Tiamate.

• Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    timebeing wrote: »
    How was the trading event for everyone? I saw the line and realized it was just staff people trading inside and decided to skip it. Did trade my extra Aus Gabe for an Aus Logo to finish my set with some one in line. So that was nice. Trading is down this year. Had a lot more people last year stop me to trade. This year everyone just wanted the Aus Gabe or Tiamate.

I think that was me, quite a serendipitous trade, thanks again!

• Options
    SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    I missed the trading event, which disappointed the heck out of me.

• Options
    Set is also finished, with some extras as well! Full sets for all in the group, so another great PAX come and gone.

• Options
    Qumaden wrote: »
    timebeing wrote: »

I think that was me, quite a serendipitous trade, thanks again!

Yep worked out. Happy you were able to find your Aus logo to do it.

• Options
    akl3inakl3in Registered User regular
    so many pins... so much time till East.... :(

• Options
    hackyhacky Registered User regular
    I was worried about getting a The Order pin going into today, but I got it: my mission is accomplished. One of each new PAX Prime pin. I also met a bunch of you guys in various lines and around PAX! See you at South!

BwfmemPCIAAX9GY.jpg

• Options
    igndtzkzm0sx.jpg

Annnnd my full set. Great job all around.

• Options
    DiffusionDiffusion Pin Cushion OmahaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Well, I had an eventful pax. Spraining my ankle fairly badly left me missing most of day 1 waiting for a wheelchair, but I was up and walking by Sunday (all be it with a limp) and got everything accomplished and then some. My notes about this years prime:

- I am directing as many people as I can to these forums, however I have commonly heard the concern of having to get doubles for others in their group, and if the pin count keeps up at this rate im starting to agree with Mikes idea that it will become nearly impossible to have em all in a couple of years.

- Wasn't surprised about Leeroy, the D&D &, and "Light" Garruk being the wanted pins this prime, but I was pleasantly shocked of the number of people asking for the Anubis-es and Ellie.
    - The US needs that influx of Aus pins... Badly.
    - Except Aus Chandra which WotC seemed to be giving out with a shirt purchase.
    - Heard rumors of a paticular company saying they had a "secret" pin at the con which turned out to be Saberwolf. It was not Microsoft, and these are just rumors so thats as far as I'll go.
    - Last but not least my favorite story of the con that I know Frostbyte can confirm. As I was leaving pin trading night, a young boy came up to me and asked very nicely if I had a Zombie Tycho for trade. This surprised me as I had run into the kid before in the windborn line with his family and he had the pin already (gave em light garruks to to complete the face). I said no, and he thanked me and moved on while I went to his dad who was over on the side. He had it fallen off his lanyard and the line was capped so they couldnt get in for trading, and the kid was devastated. I quickly ran over to Frostbyte who was still in line to get in and told him to get a ZT to replace it, giving him one of my fodders. Frost suggested I take it to one of the enforcers so they could do it now. Went over to an enforcer, gave the story and handed off the fodder, and she went right in. When she came back out we got the kid and she handed him a brand new ZT, now also personally signed by Jerry, with the promise that he doesn't lose or trade this one. Kid beamed in happyness and now went back having fun trading with some of the others in line, while both the dad and the enforcer personally thanked me. I love the pin trading community, the Pax community, and the entire PA community, ankle be damned and I could care less if I lost all my pins, that made my Pax this year.

Diffusion on
    Everyone's favorite "Bag of Pinny", Proud member of The Pin Cushions, Prinny hat pinster.

My pins are right here!
    Feel free to send me a trade request!
  • Options
    FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    If anyone doesn't want their blue cardboard pin backs, can you please PM me? Need morrrre for my display :)

• Options
    Awesome story, Diffusion. PA just has the best community and we should all be proud.

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    mightyh0bbesmightyh0bbes Subterranean Arcadian SeattleRegistered User regular
    If anyone doesn't want their blue cardboard pin backs, can you please PM me? Need morrrre for my display :)
    Are you in town and an enforcer? Going to the after party?

www.paxsignaturegenerator.com:8080/signature.png
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Diffusion wrote: »
    Well, I had an eventful pax. Spraining my ankle fairly badly left me missing most of day 1 waiting for a wheelchair, but I was up and walking by Sunday (all be it with a limp) and got everything accomplished and then some. My notes about this years prime:

- I am directing as many people as I can to these forums, however I have commonly heard the concern of having to get doubles for others in their group, and if the pin count keeps up at this rate im starting to agree with Mikes idea that it will become nearly impossible to have em all in a couple of years.

- Wasn't surprised about Leeroy, the D&D &, and "Light" Garruk being the wanted pins this prime, but I was pleasantly shocked of the number of people asking for the Anubis-es and Ellie.
    - The US needs that influx of Aus pins... Badly.
    - Except Aus Chandra which WotC seemed to be giving out with a shirt purchase.
    - Heard rumors of a paticular company saying they had a "secret" pin at the con which turned out to be Saberwolf. It was not Microsoft, and these are just rumors so thats as far as I'll go.
    - Last but not least my favorite story of the con that I know Frostbyte can confirm. As I was leaving pin trading night, a young boy came up to me and asked very nicely if I had a Zombie Tycho for trade. This surprised me as I had run into the kid before in the windborn line with his family and he had the pin already (gave em light garruks to to complete the face). I said no, and he thanked me and moved on while I went to his dad who was over on the side. He had it fallen off his lanyard and the line was capped so they couldnt get in for trading, and the kid was devastated. I quickly ran over to Frostbyte who was still in line to get in and told him to get a ZT to replace it, giving him one of my fodders. Frost suggested I take it to one of the enforcers so they could do it now. Went over to an enforcer, gave the story and handed off the fodder, and she went right in. When she came back out we got the kid and she handed him a brand new ZT, now also personally signed by Jerry, with the promise that he doesn't lose or trade this one. Kid beamed in happyness and now went back having fun trading with some of the others in line, while both the dad and the enforcer personally thanked me. I love the pin trading community, the Pax community, and the entire PA community, ankle be damned and I could care less if I lost all my pins, that made my Pax this year.

I was at Jerry's table when the enforcer came in to ask about this, and I literally just took the last Zombie Tycho on the table, I was pulling it out of my bag to give to the girl when he found another, so yeah, almost a hero moment for me but it worked itself out.

I was a bit bummed Mike didn't have any CTS at the event, since I still need a 2013...

Great weekend for pins though, I'll post my stories when I have a computer to type on this weekend.

• Options
    FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    Are you in town and an enforcer? Going to the after party?

Nah mate, I'm on the other side of the planet. Enforcing but yeh. Bit of a hike away. If you feel like mailing, happy to cover costs :)

• Options
    Aussie BenAussie Ben AustraliaRegistered User regular

I doubt I'll ever need my spares. Got too much rubbish in here as is. How may do you need?

• Options
    Konig WolfKonig Wolf Registered User regular
    Last but not least my favorite story of the con that I know Frostbyte can confirm. As I was leaving pin trading night, a young boy came up to me and asked very nicely if I had a Zombie Tycho for trade. This surprised me as I had run into the kid before in the windborn line with his family and he had the pin already (gave em light garruks to to complete the face). I said no, and he thanked me and moved on while I went to his dad who was over on the side. He had it fallen off his lanyard and the line was capped so they couldnt get in for trading, and the kid was devastated. I quickly ran over to Frostbyte who was still in line to get in and told him to get a ZT to replace it, giving him one of my fodders. Frost suggested I take it to one of the enforcers so they could do it now. Went over to an enforcer, gave the story and handed off the fodder, and she went right in. When she came back out we got the kid and she handed him a brand new ZT, now also personally signed by Jerry, with the promise that he doesn't lose or trade this one. Kid beamed in happyness and now went back having fun trading with some of the others in line, while both the dad and the enforcer personally thanked me. I love the pin trading community, the Pax community, and the entire PA community, ankle be damned and I could care less if I lost all my pins, that made my Pax this year.

I know of exactly the young boy you're talking about. Their family had been coming up to the Info Booth to trade a few times, and I traded a The Next Level Pin for a Second Son Pin and two Moonrise Pins while waiting in line for the event so that I could turn the Moonrise Pins into Broodax Gabe Pins for both their sons.

It turns out he didn't lose the Zombie Tycho - he had placed it in a pocket and forgotten. When he found out he came over to a few of us and asked to return the unsigned one to Jerry. He had also been asking earlier for a D&D 40th anniversary from last PAX East.

Beker could probably better tell what exactly happened inside... but while we waited outside I was talking with the boy's mother and she told us she had told him he should return it because they want to raise their children with the right morals (which was pretty awesome). I had 2 spare 40th anniversary that night after a trade in line - and traded the mother The Order for my last spare (had made another after the event for the first spare).

The mother gave the D&D back to me saying I should give it to her son. We were waiting to do so, when he came out and we heard that Jerry said he could keep the extra Zombie Tycho - and that the boy asked if anyone had a D&D 40th Anniversary Pin inside. Someone found one inside their pocket and traded him the unsigned Zombie Tycho for it, and Mike (Gabe) also gave him a Hanna!

While the boy and his father explained what happened the mother and I traded back Pins so they could have her The Order back. I really hope their family is able to come to next PAX Prime so we can help them get more Pins.

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Anyone have a spare 10th anniversary pin they wouldn't mind letting go for cost? Onlock could only get one extra for our pinny group so one of us will need one. Thanks.

• Options
    Konig WolfKonig Wolf Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Konig Wolf was warned for this.
    I just did an inventory of my Pins and realized I had traded my only Fehlauer away at some point. Kind of funny actually.

Here's all that I came away with:
    Prime14_zps4568f5e7.jpg

mod edit: removed embed of oversized image Fixed.

Konig Wolf on
  • Options
    akl3inakl3in Registered User regular
    mother of god... :o

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I don't even want to know how you managed to pull all those Next Levels... I guess working the info booth does wonders.

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Konig Wolf wrote: »
    Last but not least my favorite story of the con that I know Frostbyte can confirm. As I was leaving pin trading night, a young boy came up to me and asked very nicely if I had a Zombie Tycho for trade. This surprised me as I had run into the kid before in the windborn line with his family and he had the pin already (gave em light garruks to to complete the face). I said no, and he thanked me and moved on while I went to his dad who was over on the side. He had it fallen off his lanyard and the line was capped so they couldnt get in for trading, and the kid was devastated. I quickly ran over to Frostbyte who was still in line to get in and told him to get a ZT to replace it, giving him one of my fodders. Frost suggested I take it to one of the enforcers so they could do it now. Went over to an enforcer, gave the story and handed off the fodder, and she went right in. When she came back out we got the kid and she handed him a brand new ZT, now also personally signed by Jerry, with the promise that he doesn't lose or trade this one. Kid beamed in happyness and now went back having fun trading with some of the others in line, while both the dad and the enforcer personally thanked me. I love the pin trading community, the Pax community, and the entire PA community, ankle be damned and I could care less if I lost all my pins, that made my Pax this year.

I know of exactly the young boy you're talking about. Their family had been coming up to the Info Booth to trade a few times, and I traded a The Next Level Pin for a Second Son Pin and two Moonrise Pins while waiting in line for the event so that I could turn the Moonrise Pins into Broodax Gabe Pins for both their sons.

It turns out he didn't lose the Zombie Tycho - he had placed it in a pocket and forgotten. When he found out he came over to a few of us and asked to return the unsigned one to Jerry. He had also been asking earlier for a D&D 40th anniversary from last PAX East.

Beker could probably better tell what exactly happened inside... but while we waited outside I was talking with the boy's mother and she told us she had told him he should return it because they want to raise their children with the right morals (which was pretty awesome). I had 2 spare 40th anniversary that night after a trade in line - and traded the mother The Order for my last spare (had made another after the event for the first spare).

The mother gave the D&D back to me saying I should give it to her son. We were waiting to do so, when he came out and we heard that Jerry said he could keep the extra Zombie Tycho - and that the boy asked if anyone had a D&D 40th Anniversary Pin inside. Someone found one inside their pocket and traded him the unsigned Zombie Tycho for it, and Mike (Gabe) also gave him a Hanna!

While the boy and his father explained what happened the mother and I traded back Pins so they could have her The Order back. I really hope their family is able to come to next PAX Prime so we can help them get more Pins.

I did escort him, his brother and father in to the theater to return it. Jerry listened to his story and told him he could keep it. He was pleased. Since there was only 5 minutes left for that group I let them stay in until they were shooed out. Not sure what other interactions they may have had inside.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png