As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

If it's blue, it must be MEGA MAN(-esque)!

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Azure Striker and Mighty Gunvolt are out now.

The "poorly translated" text in the Mighty Gunvolt intro is great.

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Ehrmagerd, Mergamerns

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/26/mega-man-x4-x5-released-psone-classics-north-america/
    Mega Man X4 and Mega Man X5 are being released as PSOne Classics for PSN in North America this September, Capcom have announced.

Mega Man X4 will be available on September 2nd, while Mega Man X5 will follow on September 9th.

Doesn't this count as a war crime? I thought we had banned the later X series for the benefit of all humanity.

• Options
    MorranMorran Registered User regular
    I read that x4 and x5 are coming to vita. I never played a mega man game after x. Are x1-5 (?) similar gameplay-vice, or do they change during the series?

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    X7 is the only radically different game. Avoid that one at all costs.

X4 is my favorite, actually.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Gunvolt is super fun guys. Very much a spirtual MMzero sequel but less soul crushingly hard. Combat is nice a bit slow but Im only level ten.
    Boss arenas are tiny though
    The craft system is a bit weird you only get random material for beating a level but youre constantly replaying them so its just a bit tedious.

The electricity mechanic is used in some fun ways. Like powering magnets or moving platforms to use as a shield. Or murdering you in water!

That last one wasnt that nice.

Pretty nice for 15 bucks.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    The Engrish intro to Mighty Gunvolt is brilliant.

• Options
    MorranMorran Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    X7 is the only radically different game. Avoid that one at all costs.

X4 is my favorite, actually.

Cool. I really liked x back in the days, and i recently replayed it on vita.

Looking forward to more of the same, but with better graphic then!

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    The better graphics come at a cost. Since X and Zero have more frames of animation, they feel less "snappy" than they did on the SNES. X4 is still a good game, and X5 is still passable.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Anyone know how to bypass the wormhole traps for the challenge?

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Ehrmagerd, Mergamerns

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/26/mega-man-x4-x5-released-psone-classics-north-america/
    Mega Man X4 and Mega Man X5 are being released as PSOne Classics for PSN in North America this September, Capcom have announced.

Mega Man X4 will be available on September 2nd, while Mega Man X5 will follow on September 9th.

Doesn't this count as a war crime? I thought we had banned the later X series for the benefit of all humanity.

X4 was the second Mega Man game I ever owned (after Mega Man 2) and thus the reason my love for the blue guy continued past childhood. It's a good one.

Plus you get to find out what Zero is fighting for...

• Options
    I started with Mega Man 8 I think and X2. Consequently I hated the base series for a long time until I played 9 and got gifted Mega Man and Mega Man 2. I felt X3 was a lot worse than X and X2 so anything after is really hard for me to get behind. Starting with X4 I can see liking it. X5 and beyond had like no redeeming qualities for me.

• Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    X8 was surprisingly good. Didn't really make up for X7 though.

• Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    It's hard for me to believe that someone thinks X3 is a bad game. It's my favorite of the series.

• Options
    RockinX wrote: »
    It's hard for me to believe that someone thinks X3 is a bad game. It's my favorite of the series.

Not bad. Just kind of average. I can see where someone would love it though. It definitely did some strange and different things.

• Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    I used to input random passwords as a kid, and see if any of them worked. I came up with one that gave me weird stuff, like the Hyper C. without the arm part, the helmet, and the body part of the armor. I still know that password from memory.

• Options
    X3 was when the story started down a slippery slope of extra dumb.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Mega Man games have stories?

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    McFlynn wrote: »
    X8 was surprisingly good. Didn't really make up for X7 though.

X8's flaw was coming off the heels of the horrible X7. It's a shame nobody tried it, but it's understandable at least. It really was pretty good. Frickin' great VA work too.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

I love it!

Man I can't wait for this game

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Alright, beat Gunvolt with the complete ending. Only takes around 6 hours to do if you play around with a handful of the challenges. I have more than half the challenges left for me and there are extra missions when loading the game clear data. I've got other games that need to be played though so I'll be leaving that for later. SS ranking the missions approaches Megaman Zero levels of hard for anyone interested in that, so you can definitely spend a lot of time on this game if you are into score attack.

It was fun and I'm pretty happy with my purchase.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    RockinX wrote: »

I really, really hate that game. The bosses are super dumb.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    The instrumentation is just atrocious.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Is it bad I played through Mighty Gunvolt twice with Gunvolt and Beck and haven't touched Azure Striker except for two stages so far?

But what I played of ASG seemed good. Definitely a bit easier pace then MMZ, at least to start.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Inafune's panel at PAX, A Mighty Chat, is starting in about 15 minutes. Those not on-site can still watch it on Twitch -

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    They just announced people who backed Mighty No.9 get Mighty Gunvolt for FREE!

Praise be the Inafune.

EDIT: Also people who backed the game above the Beta Tester pledge get to try out the game tomorrow!

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Most excellent!

...Now is Mighty Gunvolt coming to PC as well? Because Nintendo still hasn't gotten back to me about my toasted 3DS.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Riokenn wrote: »
    They just announced people who backed Mighty No.9 get Mighty Gunvolt for FREE!

Praise be the Inafune.

EDIT: Also people who backed the game above the Beta Tester pledge get to try out the game tomorrow!

Link with info: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/01/pax-2014-mighty-no-9-beta-access-starts-tomorrow?abthid=5403bf2da90aa2d27d00000a

Already have Mighty Gunvolt but being able to get beta access to Mighty No.9 is pretty dang nice.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    As much as I love classic sprite Mega Man, that honestly, truly looks like what Mega Man would have become if the series was allowed to grow naturally.

Looks great.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    There's something about that dashing attack mechanic that just rubs me the wrong way. I don't know what it is, I just look at it and go "Nope, I don't like it".

Is there an underlying purpose to is? What with all the 100% notices and all?

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    That train level. I am in love.

EDIT: O.O Beta testing is live folks. Check your E-Mails.

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Kinda wish I could beta test on Wii U, but PC is better than nothing.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    they must be sending emails in waves, haven't gotten one yet

but

soon

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    There's something about that dashing attack mechanic that just rubs me the wrong way. I don't know what it is, I just look at it and go "Nope, I don't like it".

Is there an underlying purpose to is? What with all the 100% notices and all?

If you look a bit closer in the trailer above, you'll see that dashing through enemies gives you short-term powerups. It'll also replenish the energy for special weapons when he's using them.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    My guess is the 100% is how precise you judged the point where you can dash-eat them.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    Downloading the beta now :)

• Options
    I don't like those life bars.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    So I beat the beta level. Holy shit is that hard. I don't think they have the difficulty tuned right. It kind of feels like with the dashing mechanic it's hard to avoid some hits because the enemies will get cheap shots out as you're trying to dash into them and such. Also health is EXTREMELY stingy. I saw I think 3 health power-ups in the entire level? It's really unusual. I kind of thought you'd get health back by absorbing some enemies but that didn't seem to be the case as far as I could tell.

Also I think I died probably 10 times to the boss but there is always a dude when you restart that gives you an extra live, so it's impossible to really game over :P He has WAY too much HP tho - maybe if you were fighting him w/ a boss weapon he wouldn't be so ridiculous, but this was the one level they gave us, so *shrug*

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Hrm, I don't have an email about it yet. Then again my Mighty Number might be rather high up.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List