As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[mlb] Fake Playoffs Now. Real Playoffs Soon.

• FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    FortyTwo wrote: »
    A's acquired Adam Dunn

I want to like this move, but this smells of desperation.

It's basically an admission that trading away Cespedes hurt the offense way more than the As would care to admit.

Also hahaha eat shit As.

Yeah isn't Dunn like the complete antithesis of a Beane guy?

• FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    The Yankees are back to nine games behind the Orioles. they will now proceed to win the next four games to troll the shit out of Goose.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    No trolling at all. Just awaiting for the AL East to be done by the end of the divisional playoff round.

Also, Dunn walks, hits home runs, and strikes out. Isn't that what moneyball started as, the 3 true outcomes?

edited August 2014
    Goose! wrote: »
    No trolling at all. Just awaiting for the AL East to be done by the end of the divisional playoff round.

Also, Dunn walks, hits home runs, and strikes out. Isn't that what moneyball started as, the 3 true outcomes?

honestly, Dunn fell off my radar after his god awful season from a couple years ago. I didn't realize his OBP had climbed back up as it did. Also, you may very well be right about the Orioles in the division round - but they will be there.

FortyTwo on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza.

Meh

Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza.

Meh

Yeah, they got Kelly Johnson too, basically he is third string at this point.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2014
    Thanks to someone going on a giant binge of posting stolen nude celebrity pics, including a bunch of Kate Upton, I have now seen naked Verlander ass.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    its a numb feeling watching the Twins lose so many different ways now

is this what it feels like to be a Cubs fan Geebs?

Well, after looking at what the Cubs did while I was asleep... yeah, it's pretty close

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Thanks to someone going on a giant binge of posting stolen nude celebrity pics, including a bunch of Kate Upton, I have now seen naked Verlander ass.

I hear there's a lot more, including chicks that aren't Kate. If so, he just blew it big time.

edited September 2014
    Dear Zen,

Look at it this way, at least this matchup happened the way it did this week, and not 2 weeks from now (as the current standings tonight had us in line to go 1 on 1 in the Quarterfinals).

Goose! on
  • HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular

Well, after looking at what the Cubs did while I was asleep... yeah, it's pretty close

at least the Cubs' prospects are getting to play in the majors right now

Buxton and Sano's injuries stopped any chances of that happening this season, they've just been snake bit in that regard

Vargas has been fun to watch though, he hits the ball pretty hard

I dread having to see a 2015 lame duck season by Gardy, but that's what its pretty much been the last 2 years

Buxton and Sano's injuries stopped any chances of that happening this season, they've just been snake bit in that regard

I dread having to see a 2015 lame duck season by Gardy, but that's what its pretty much been the last 2 years

Yeah, it's nice to have something to get excited about this year. I mean, I knew they'd eventually start moving forward, but it's really cool to see it actually start to happen. It's been a rough...god, six years, since they last made the playoffs

So are we feeling 2016 is the big step forward year for the Twins?

it depends on Gardy's future replacement

I think a wholesale change is needed, or else it'll be the same shit

The Astros have fired Bo Porter, according to MLBTradeRumors.

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

Couldn't turn shit into gold? I CAST THEE OUT!

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    how many verlander dong jokes will there be

edited September 2014

Couldn't turn shit into gold? I CAST THEE OUT!

There was reports that the coaching staff and the GM were at odds on different things with the team. That's probably why the bench coach is also gone.

Goose! on
    and all the playoff spots have been clinched

now its just seeding for the 4-6 ones to be decided this week

Combined no-hitter in Philly today.

Came up short this year, but considering I was picked to be the worst team in the league by far - I will take it.

• PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Not last place!

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
    Yeah, my team just fell apart. A down year from Cabrera wounded me then the injury to Goldschmidt is what finished me off.

What the fuck? Ben Revere had 5 rbis today?

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    What the fuck? Ben Revere had 5 rbis today?

Yahoo's been acting up all day. It said Panda had an RBI 5 hours before his game even started, and my benched pitcher who started yesterday throwing 3 strikeouts 8 hours before his game even started.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    The Giants/Rockies game from before actually started back in May. They just played the last three innings today.

I think it said they'll appear for today, then go back to the week they were supposed to be.

• SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    The same thing happened last week or so when they played that suspended Cubs game. All the stats were tacked on again for the next day then there was a big batch of stat corrections a few days later.

No, Ben Revere actually had 5 rbis

My team has put up better offensive numbers today then I have the last couple of weeks.

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Raijin, is your team the A's?

No?

THEN SHUT UP!!!!

*runs away crying*

• AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    From last place to a playoff spot.

Not liking my chances of holding to 4th but whatever. This season was a success despite all that went wrong from the midway point on.

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Cards up, shit.

Deadspin now has a whole timeline of Verlander's hacked pics based on location data tagged on the pics

That's fucked.

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Deadspin.

/sigh

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I don't wanna see no photos of people circulating around without consent

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I'm bummed about the A's. I kinda just want them to win a damn thing for once.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    "hey guys these people had their privacy violated what should we do"

"oh let's analyze the data so we can further violate their privacy"

This discussion has been closed.