As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The 1st Rock Band After Party - 7PM Sept 1st @Unicorn(21+ Only)

LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In CyberspaceThe Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
edited August 2014 in PAX West
AImXgq.jpg
Art By: SeattleRockBandGroup

After a month of negotiations and figuring out exactly what kind of event the Unicorn/Narwhal was willing to let me throw, we've finally hammered down details for the 1st Rock Band After Party. Evolved from the Post-PAX Party(PPP), the 1st Rock Band After Party(RBAP) takes concepts of PPP and slims them down into a more refined experience. The venue is The Unicorn/Narwhal in Seattle, on Pike St between 11th & 12th. A 10-minute walk up the hill, instead of a ~30 minute walk down to Jillians. The price...is free. Sadly, the venue is 21+ only, so no kids or young people.

Here's some images of the venue(Downstairs, the Narwhal):
https://imageshack.com/a/IfDz/1
80034c.jpg
e10690.jpg
31e2e8.jpg
b0d79a.jpg
9079c4.jpg

At this time, there are no musical guests, and no side booths with games. But, there is a decent arcade with pinball, a few retro arcades and a Big Buck Hunter machine. And a claw machine, which I hope we can get some PAX/Gaming specific prizes in before the event.

I'm working on figuring out a Raffle and would love some help with that. Details to come.

Mini FAQ: Stolen from Arco's old PPP 2013 Thread
Q: When is this event taking place?
A: Monday, September 1st, from 7:00PM-1:30AM.

Q: Where is this party located?
A: The Unicorn/Narwhal. 1118 E Pike St, Seattle, WA. It's about a 1/2 mile east from the convention center. You can either walk, take a taxi, or hop on a variety of public transit options. It's only about 12 blocks(up a hill, though), so should only take about ~15 minutes from the convention center. People will hopefully be organizing walkshares, rideshares, etc. so keep an eye out for those.

Q: What are the hours?
A: 7PM to 1:30(45?)AM. We're going to rock as long as we can. Lets tear the place down and close PAX out right.

Q: What ages are welcome/is this 21+?
A: Sadly, The Unicorn is a bar. So...21+ only. If you want to play some Rock Band still, there should hopefully be a freeplay stage at PAX somewhere, like most years. I'm sure I'll be there for a few hours during Prime 2014...

Q: How much will this event cost?
A: IT's FREEEEEEEEE! I was trying to float the idea of a $10/$20 cover(and make it into a bigger event), but we didn't want to leave out any locals or regulars for their Monday karaoke night while we took the place over with our 'Rock Band' thing. :) So...FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Free for me, too, which is amazing...

Q: Do I need to buy a ticket, or can I just show up?
A: Tickets aren't available. Just show up, doors should open at 7PM and everything should be underway. With it being FREE...I could imagine it might get packed. The one GREAT thing...The Narwhal(downstairs, where RB and Pinballs are)...has AC. :)

Q: What kind of food is served?
A: Here's the food menu: http://unicornseattle.com/dinner/ I'm hoping to work out some food/drink specials, but their items are fairly priced.

Q: Is alcohol served?
A: Yes. There are full bars upstairs and downstairs. Here's a drink menu: http://unicornseattle.com/drinks/ I'm hoping to work out some food/drink specials, but their items are fairly priced.

Q: I heard you have video games. What kind?
A: We have hosted Rock Band with all the DLC, managed by an awesome group in Seattle. In addition there are pinball machines, some retro arcade games and Big Buck Hunter downstairs. The previous years, it seems like there were gaming booths, but I still haven't figured out what we could do. If you're willing to offer up a console and some games for the evening, please get in touch with me via PM?

Q: What's with this raffle thing?
A: Raffle? Trying to figure it out as well, but why would it be an issue? Buy a roll o' tickets, get prizes, collect and distribute. :) Then at a set time in the night, call it all out. I've already got a prize or two to donate into the pack. Anyone want a sealed Halo 3 Legendary Edition? Or a swag bag of past Prime Swag shirts/pamphlets?

From last year's thread
All attendees are encouraged to throw down some money for our raffle. Each admission ticket comes with one raffle ticket, which will be thrown into a hat along with everyone else's. Before the party I will collect all the raffle donations and go on a crazy spending spree for FABULOUS PRIZES, which will be raffled off at some point during the party. We've given away some crazy stuff, like StarCraft II Collector's Editions, Tauntaun sleeping bags, XBox 360s, etc. I try not to disappoint. In addition to that, we're very lucky to have people donate prizes to give away. In the past we've had prizes from Penny Arcade, Plantronics, Steve Jackson Games, Logitech, and more...!

Maybe we'll get something like that going...I hope so. Please contact me via PM if you have any help or ideas to help make this an amazingly fun-filled night.

Anyone who wants to get a taste for what this event may be like, Seattle Rockband Group has a Rock Band night every Sunday night down at AFK Tavern in Renton, WA. 8PM-2AM.

They also livestream on Twitch. If you're free on Sunday nights, come on down! Or...just tune in and give us some song suggestions!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1415421005346889
https://www.youtube.com/user/SeattleRockBandGroup

Can't wait to see you all there!
Here's a video of a Unicorn drumming. I found him outside in the Seattle streets on 8/1. After leaving from The Unicorn, of course...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LMSEcbje30

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
Legacy on

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I'll stick this in my calendar as a possibility, sounds great!

• Options
    PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The Unicorn is one of my favorite places in Seattle, the staff is great and their new food menu is really very tasty!

Should be a blast!

daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
  • Options
    domina_fortunadomina_fortuna Registered User regular
    This looks like a lot of fun!

• Options
    Seattle RockBand GroupSeattle RockBand Group Registered User regular
    Spread the word! We've been featured on Nerdyseattle.com! http://nerdyseattle.com/pax-parties-and-events-2014/

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Just one week to go, Seattle RockBand Group is streaming live from AFK Tavern right now.
    Spread the word! We've been featured on Nerdyseattle.com! http://nerdyseattle.com/pax-parties-and-events-2014/

We're also on the Child's Play Charity events page! Raffle to benefit Childs Play! Prizes to be announced soon. So far, we've got gift certificates/shirts from Unicorn, the first wood body Rock Band guitar that SRBG owned(signed by numerous PAX stars), random swag bags from me, and supposedly some swags from the makers of RB3. We'll see how it goes. I know there's a week left, but if anyone has any interesting swag to donate or wants to help out with this, just hit me up.

Hope to see a ton of people out at The Unicorn next Mon night!

Come by AFK Tavern in Renton, or on Twitch, at 8 Tonight if you're around!

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2014
    Party is on!

We've got rock band dlc codes, swag, some classic pax swag shirts, and lanyards to give out.

Also, Child's Play raffle for a solid body rock band guitar signed by enforcers & Gabe/Tycho, a sweet bongo set, awesome harmonica, cowbell and a few other things! Sunset Overdrive even donated some Pinny Arcade pins for the first few people!

Best Costume & Rocker contest for Unicorn gift cert & a copy of Rocksmith 2014 (will ship to ya)!

Come on down and close PAX 2014 right!

Streaming at:

Legacy on
  • Options
    InitialdorInitialdor Seattle's Carl Registered User regular
    Damn! Only found out now that I'm not working Tuesday... I couldn't get there until 11 from the time of this post, and the stream chat can't verify the full-ness of the Uni-Whal. Have fun everyone!

2018 West: Badges [x] TWDT [Rclaw TT] Cosplay: Still bald. Still single. Still lovin' it!
    "Fantasy football still counts as fantasy." -DnD Greg
  • Options
    Sorry about that Carl, I messaged like 8 min after you on the chat, but guess you missed it. It's pretty full now but still good to party at. Next year will be a bit better and hopefully we'll have a monthly event here soon, at least..

• Options
    InitialdorInitialdor Seattle's Carl Registered User regular
    It's all good; the stream and chat kept dropping on Earls' wifi. Carl/I'm nothing if not old school; might even get a data plan soon. What I saw rocked!

2018 West: Badges [x] TWDT [Rclaw TT] Cosplay: Still bald. Still single. Still lovin' it!
    "Fantasy football still counts as fantasy." -DnD Greg
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Hey legacy, is the video feed saved? We played don't fear the reaper maybe 45 minutes ago. I had the cowbell. Want to save that foreved

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Seattle RockBand GroupSeattle RockBand Group Registered User regular
    Thanks to all of the people who attended on Monday!

We raised $155 for Child's Play at RBAP1 and we might have melted a few faces! I hope to see you again next year!

Thanks to you, we have 62 new songs to grace the internets!
    Check them out on YouTube right now!