As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

If it's blue, it must be MEGA MAN(-esque)!

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Ianator wrote: »
    Hrm, I don't have an email about it yet. Then again my Mighty Number might be rather high up.

Did you donate more than $80? You won't get an email if you didn't.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    i just played a bit of the beta level. holy hell that is hard.

Its pretty fun though. my only complaint is the walk/run speed seems a tiny bit slow. I know the dash makes up for it some, but it just feels a tiny bit off.

• EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    RockinX wrote: »
    It's hard for me to believe that someone thinks X3 is a bad game. It's my favorite of the series.

I really, really hate that game. The bosses are super dumb.

Sadly, I always felt that the X series peaked early. Like, at the first game. Later games had some neat innovations, mostly related to Zero's increased role, but they never captured the same magic for me. I didn't hate X3, but I found it to be particularly disappointing. Everything related to Crush Crayfish is especially infuriating to me. The repetitive music, lazy level design, the boss' near one-hit kill move. And speaking of bosses, way too many either demanded you wall jump all the time to avoid attacks, or were made almost harmless by the wall jumps.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    The first beta stage was pretty fun! This totally plays like Megaman with Air Dashes.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Ianator wrote: »
    Hrm, I don't have an email about it yet. Then again my Mighty Number might be rather high up.

Did you donate more than $80? You won't get an email if you didn't.

I most certainly did.

Eh. I can wait for tomorrow.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    There's something about that dashing attack mechanic that just rubs me the wrong way. I don't know what it is, I just look at it and go "Nope, I don't like it".

Is there an underlying purpose to is? What with all the 100% notices and all?

I remember seeing, in a previous trailer, a case where No.9 shot an enemy several times but did not destroy it. Ultimately, an "80%" notification popped out of it. I believe the percentage indicates the total amount of damage you dealt in that chain. Since a key mechanic in the game is absorbing enemies with your dash attack by causing the last bit of damage with it, it's important to have a system whereby you can easily determine how much health the enemy has left.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    In Gunvolt does anyone know where the gem in the biochem plant is?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    It's easy to find, just be careful not to cover it with an unbreakable block. It's in like the second half, before a drop with steam geysers.

Also, do they really expect people to grind for mats for the synth stuff? I had enough for ONE item by the time I beat the game.

Magus` wrote: »
    It's easy to find, just be careful not to cover it with an unbreakable block. It's in like the second half, before a drop with steam geysers.

Also, do they really expect people to grind for mats for the synth stuff? I had enough for ONE item by the time I beat the game.

Basically you need to do challenges and grind.

I think the cards are the same pattern each time inly varying by stage

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Code get! Yes, good things happen when I sleep.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    I'm super-happy to see the dashing in the game. It's just about the only thing that the game really needs from the Megaman X series; being stuck at the standard walking speed would've sucked both for gameplay speed (I hate plodding around) and maeuverability (kinda tough to dodge attacks when your movement speeds are "stop" and "slow").

Totally look forward to being able to fly through levels once I know them well enough.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    In the process of uploading now, but here's my playthrough of the Mighty No. 9 beta:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z8lpVHUdNE

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    In the process of uploading now, but here's my playthrough of the Mighty No. 9 beta:

Ack it's not available.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    so mighty no 9 beta thoughts
    controls are tight if you're able to time the attack until target breaks down -> dash them timing. its about memorizing how many shots each enemy takes to first start to be vulnerable. there's no invulnerability frames if you take damage and then touch a spike - you instantly die. stage design feels a little loose in places because of this. the one boss fight is kind of dull. boss might have too much health or I just was bad at dodging some of its easy attacks

all and all not terrible start, certainly better than the worst mega man games that already exist

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Ack it's not available.

Yeah sorry, still processing :P Give it 15 mins or so... or however long youtube decides to take :P

Edit: It's up now :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Looking pretty good to me. Definitely like how much the mobility plays into the game and how moving quick basically rewards you.

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Has anyone gotten their Mighty Gunvolt code yet?

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    Well Azure striker Gunvolt Ill probably never beat you.

No checkpoint before the really legit true last boss and forcibg you to repeat a truly annoying fight right before is just dumb

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

for mighty no. 9, or for buying gunvolt?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »

for mighty no. 9, or for buying gunvolt?

Mighty No. 9.

• DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    Well Azure Striker Gunvolt, I'll probably never beat you.

No checkpoint before the really legit true last boss and forcing you to repeat a truly annoying fight right before is just dumb.

Ugh, really? I haaaaaaate boss gauntlets.

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Wait. Mighty No. 9 demo?

Also, I picked up Gunvolt. The dialogue is... interesting.

I like the gameplay thus far.

• spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Gunvolt is pretty fun.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
    Also. If you die and get the revival song powerup, how long does that last? A taste of max power is nice, but I don't want to be invincible for the whole fight.

By the way, I fought Iota, and it seemed many of his moves simply couldn't be dodged with my current abilities. What gives?

Dusda wrote: »

No checkpoint before the really legit true last boss and forcing you to repeat a truly annoying fight right before is just dumb.

Its not even that really. He has an otk attack with no visible cue. You basically get pushed off a cliff with no warning

If anyone wants a download code for Mighty Gunvolt, I have one. Gonna just put it here, first come first third. It's a 3DS download code FYI
    A05JV8YS04ANVSA0

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Looks like I'll soon have a Mighty Gunvolt key to give away too since the ones they're sending out don't work in Europe. :(

How does one get a mighty Gunvolt key, again?

• BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    You bought Azure Striker Gunvolt, correct? Hidden somewhere in the 3DS eShop there's a purchase receipt. The Mighty Gunvolt download key is on the receipt, near the bottom.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

Buy regular Gunvolt.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    You either buy Gunvolt or you back the Mighty No.9 Kickstarter.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    You either buy Gunvolt or you back the Mighty No.9 Kickstarter.

Or both!

I actually just beat Gunvolt. Very fun game and a bit more challenging than I was expecting.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    I'm very much liking Gunvolt.

That said, what the gack is up with the slang in this game? It's pretty jikking fooby.

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    I'm very much liking Gunvolt.

That said, what the gack is up with the slang in this game? It's pretty jikking fooby.

Keeping the rating down while getting the point across.

Like Frak in Battlestar Gallactica for another example. Although in that one I think it also had a more thematic use.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Stop talking about Gunvolt and making me jealous! I'm European and can't buy it!

Grumble grumble :(

Steam ID: Right here.
    Ah. So the bosses are based on the seven deadly sins. Alright.

• BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    Dusda wrote: »

Its not even that really. He has an otk attack with no visible cue. You basically get pushed off a cliff with no warning
    Are you talking about
    the giant four-armed statue with the yin-yang in the middle?

If so, that's really not so bad. There's more than enough warning.
    The "tell" is that the black thing on the left side of the screen disappears. Even if you don't notice that, if you're standing on the right side of the platform, you'll have plenty of time to react even after the wind starts blowing. For that matter, he uses that attack at pretty predictable intervals, too.

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    That's also not the true legit final boss.

• KupiKupi Registered User regular
    The challenge system in Gunvolt bugs me. It has all the trappings of the Challenge Wall from Kid Icarus Uprising, without the convenience of retroactively awarding challenges you've achieved. So if I beat a level in under eight minutes or with a B rank my first time, I have to go back and do it again because I didn't say I was trying to do that. It seems... user-hostile, I guess.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
    edited September 2014
    What bugs me is that you can't take any challenges for a stage before beating it the first time.

So I think my favorite guns in he game are Naga and Orochi. I also occasionally use Technos.

Are there any image galleries of the cut-ins for the super moves? I want to have time to actually read the incantations.

Enlong on