As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Assassins: Grand Hunt at PAX Prime 2014 Complete! Winners selected!

13»

• Options
    MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    If I order it today, do you think it will make it here before I head out Tuesday night? Or what are my.options?
    A single kit might get there before Tuesday but I'd recommend picking it up rather than risking it. Orders of 3 or more get shipped 2-day with tracking and that would certainly be there before you left.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Yeah, I just set it for pickup. Better safe than sorry!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    @MarsChelios‌ will you be out and about on Thursday so I can do pickup perhaps? Also if I see you at an alcohol place I will buy you an alcohol!

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, I just set it for pickup. Better safe than sorry!
    @MarsChelios‌ will you be out and about on Thursday so I can do pickup perhaps? Also if I see you at an alcohol place I will buy you an alcohol!
    I will be around Thursday, will probably have a few times in the meetup schedule to pickup kits.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    Couple of things to announce. If you've already received your kits you can now register thme by going here: http://phenixone.com/register-kit. You'll need to create an account first (requires username, email and password).
    pfua6k4y0bio.png
    The next thing is something I hope you can help me get the word out about. This weekend (Fri, Sat and Sun) I am running an event called Icessassins and will be donating all kit sales proceeds to The ALS Association. You'll be able to view the current donation progress on the website which will be updated regularly. I hadn't planned to do this but after having the idea yesterday I'm really excited about seeing how it works out!

So here's the nitty gritty. Everything I receive for payment for the kits this weekend will be going to The ALS Association, not just the "profit". This is literally the best deal I can think to give anyone who may be interested in playing the game and wants their money going to a good cause.

• Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    Couple of things to announce. If you've already received your kits you can now register thme by going here: http://phenixone.com/register-kit. You'll need to create an account first (requires username, email and password).
    pfua6k4y0bio.png
    The next thing is something I hope you can help me get the word out about. This weekend (Fri, Sat and Sun) I am running an event called Icessassins and will be donating all kit sales proceeds to The ALS Association. You'll be able to view the current donation progress on the website which will be updated regularly. I hadn't planned to do this but after having the idea yesterday I'm really excited about seeing how it works out!

So here's the nitty gritty. Everything I receive for payment for the kits this weekend will be going to The ALS Association, not just the "profit". This is literally the best deal I can think to give anyone who may be interested in playing the game and wants their money going to a good cause.

This. Is. Awesome. I am actually going the ice bucket challenge this afternoon with the robotics team I coach. I hope you raise a ton of money!

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    pfua6k4y0bio.png

This. Is. Awesome. I am actually going the ice bucket challenge this afternoon with the robotics team I coach. I hope you raise a ton of money!
    Thanks! Please share this with any friends or groups, there are posts on the games facebook and twitter that you can like or retweet too!

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    IroquoisIroquois Registered User regular
    So one question I have about something I didn't see in the rules. If someone approaches you to assassinate you, is there anything stopping you from also killing them right then and there if they match your target? Is there a kind of unspoken rule that you have to give them a grace period if you've been killed, or are you good to pretty much just "exchange" kills?

3DS Friend code: 2449-5995-8538
  • Options
    Iroquois wrote: »
    So one question I have about something I didn't see in the rules. If someone approaches you to assassinate you, is there anything stopping you from also killing them right then and there if they match your target? Is there a kind of unspoken rule that you have to give them a grace period if you've been killed, or are you good to pretty much just "exchange" kills?
    Nope, nothing they can do; if they're a potential target they just helped you out. :)

• Options
    BoomsickleBoomsickle Registered User regular
    is there any way of knowing what the balancing is so far. I dont want to join a faction that's super large. Much rather join a smaller faction.

• Options
    IroquoisIroquois Registered User regular
    Nope, nothing they can do; if they're a potential target they just helped you out. :)
    Sweet! Thanks a bunch!

3DS Friend code: 2449-5995-8538
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Boomsickle wrote: »
    is there any way of knowing what the balancing is so far. I don't want to join a faction that's super large. Much rather join a smaller faction.
    Assassins Creed Rogue (Shay), Assassin’s Creed III (with options for Connor & Aveline), and Abstergo are not quite at the numbers other factions are right now, so those would be good options for you. :)
    Sweet! Thanks a bunch!
    No problem! Let me know any other questions you might have!

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    pfua6k4y0bio.png

I've decided to extend this past just the weekend until the end of PAX. All kits sold from now until then will be included in the donations. I'm also setting up a challenge that if we can get 100 kits sold in that time I'll do the ice bucket challenge at PAX (or close by to where I'm staying at Pike Place :)) with whoever else wants to do it with me. 9 kits down, 91 to go!

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    Dumb question. I got my kit and I see my faction button, my player button (with the color symbol) and my kill confirmation card. Where do I get mission/who to assassinated assignment? Will that be in the app on Thursday?

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    CennediCennedi A strange man A strange landRegistered User regular
    Dumb question. I got my kit and I see my faction button, my player button (with the color symbol) and my kill confirmation card. Where do I get mission/who to assassinated assignment? Will that be in the app on Thursday?

I remember there being talk about an app before, but the OP now says you'll get it in an email

Hopeful First Time Attendee of PAX Prime 2014.
    [ X ] Badge
    [ X ] Hotel
    [ X ] Plane
    Wish me luck!
  • Options
    Cennedi wrote: »
    I remember there being talk about an app before, but the OP now says you'll get it in an email
    An app is being worked on but will not ready for this game. Missions are virtual now and show up on the website. There will be a Missions page visible in the next day or two (I'm overhauling it at the moment) that will be where you see your current mission and mission history. It's from here that you will be able to confirm and reset missions.

cfhafxiqb7qa.png

The image above is from the East game, but the new mission page will look similar. Note that your first mission will only become visible Thursday afternoon; there will be a countdown to denote when you can see it.

• Options
    ottergalottergal Registered User regular
    Mars - to confirm, we can't register our kits yet, right?
    Today was shopping day for kill gifts. It's all about karma. For the ones that I get - if you get me your karma is your own. ;)

• Options
    edited August 2014
    ottergal wrote: »
    Mars - to confirm, we can't register our kits yet, right?
    You can register kits now, go here (You'll need to be logged in). Sorry, I may not have made that clear.
    Today was shopping day for kill gifts. It's all about karma. For the ones that I get - if you get me your karma is your own. ;)
    Nice! I'll be gunning for you for sure now! ;)

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    You have a bad link - http://phenixone.com/register-kithttp://
    Cleaning up the extra http:// on the end took me to the right place though. Waiting on the confirmation email. I will let you know if I run into any problems there.

I didn't realize that you could go into the log in/sign up area by clicking on the little arrow/door in the upper right hand corner in case anyone else is looking for it.

• Options
    Any word on meet spots for pickup tomorrow?

• Options
    Any word on meet spots for pickup tomorrow?
    Nothing specific right now. If you're around the convention center send me a text and we'll figure out a place to meet.

• Options
    Wanna PM me your number?

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Everyone who bought a kit should have an email sent Monday with my number; let me know if you or anyone else did not receive it.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    BanthaBantha Registered User regular
    Ready to rock, in the Queue Room.

• Options
    Hi everyone,
    If you are having trouble finding players I'd recommend hitting up a meetup, there were about 10-12 players completing mission at the 3-4pm meetup and a few at the 6-7pm murder spot. I imagine there will be that many if not more tomorrow and onwards.

• Options
    PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Man, I have to say... This year's game was SO MUCH FUN. I loved how much more social it was without the fear of being removed from the game upon death, so everyone was much more willing to play along.

Huge props to everyone who showed up to the meetups & helped each other out finding the symbols & colors we all needed.

I can't WAIT for next year. I may have to go to PAX East just to get my fix. ;)

daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
  • Options
    I agree it was super fun - although I kinda miss the threat of some penalty for getting assassinated. It was WAY more social though, which was a nice side thing since we didn't have the Intel option this year.

thanks for running it, Mars... and for listening to the feedback!

• Options
    My wife and I had a blast! Really curious to see who wins things now!

• Options
    DaveRHDaveRH Registered User regular
    Our group had a _lot_ of fun doing this, I just wish there had been more people!

• Options
    SanDogWepsSanDogWeps Limerick Monger San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Brilliant work this weekend. And congrats again on AC approaching you. Looking forward to more and improved events in the future.

keyanEQ2_100x400.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    PunkJr wrote: »
    Man, I have to say... This year's game was SO MUCH FUN. I loved how much more social it was without the fear of being removed from the game upon death, so everyone was much more willing to play along.

Huge props to everyone who showed up to the meetups & helped each other out finding the symbols & colors we all needed.

I can't WAIT for next year. I may have to go to PAX East just to get my fix. ;)
    I agree it was super fun - although I kinda miss the threat of some penalty for getting assassinated. It was WAY more social though, which was a nice side thing since we didn't have the Intel option this year.

thanks for running it, Mars... and for listening to the feedback!
    My wife and I had a blast! Really curious to see who wins things now!
    DaveRH wrote: »
    Our group had a _lot_ of fun doing this, I just wish there had been more people!
    SanDogWeps wrote: »
    Brilliant work this weekend. And congrats again on AC approaching you. Looking forward to more and improved events in the future.

Thanks guys! I was blown away by how much people played! There were over 600 assassinations over four days and almost 100,000 prestige earned total! I saw a lot of improvements to make that should make the game even more social, but let me know if you have suggestions or feedback.

I'm going to be determining prize winners this week, will announce the winners once I know. Prizes should go out in October.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    Winners have been selected! Players with at least one kill were broken up into 3 pools based on their score with players with higher scores placed in a smaller pool to have a greater chance of winning. The remaining players were placed into a general pool and three names were drawn from that.

There are two groups of prizes; both groups have the choice of either Assassin's Creed Rogue (360/PS3) or Assassin's Creed Unity (ONE/PS4). Players marked with an asterisks will also receive an Assassin's Creed Phantom Blade collectible in addition to their choice of game. Here's the list of the winners:

Leaderboard Winners
    1. ManoGalaxy*
    2. TwoSips*
    3. shuraiya
    General Pool Winners
    • Shadowcaster*
    • Redafini
    • jander8922

I've avoided doing prizes for a long time but I feel like this is a good way to award players without focusing purely on score, so I expect there will be some form of prizes for future games.

• Options
    Aw nuts. Congrats to the winners!

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    That is awesome! Thank you, this was my first time playing, and winning something is icing on the cake. Definitely looking forward to playing again next year.