As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pax Prime Anniversary Pin Misprint

RysheveRysheve Registered User regular
Here is the anniversary pin that I purchased from the merch booth at Pax Prime. Looks like it is really a PAX Australia pin in disguise.0n3qos2k6bz7.jpg

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Red border (east) blue back (prime) Aus title (Aus), cool!

Is it just coincidence or have there been more than normal misprints this pax, seen a few posted here and twitter with them

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    Hahaha, that's pretty weird/awesome.

Assuming you don't want to hold onto it and want an actual one, I'm sure if you email them and show the guys, they can find another one to send you!

• Options
    NefilyNefily Melbourne AURegistered User regular
    coool =D

• Options
    FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    Crazy! I would hope the Aus version is the same but in green and gold :)

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular

That would literally be the best thing EVER

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    El_FunkoEl_Funko Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Haha cool.

There must be a bunch of these out in the wild now, right? Because they would have printed off batches at a time.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    It could've been an early run fuckup that just found its way into circulation. None of mine are like this which is a shame.

And honestly I really want this, so if you feel like trading....

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    El_Funko wrote: »
    Haha cool.

There must be a bunch of these out in the wild now, right? Because they would have printed off batches at a time.

Guessing at the production layout, but it's possible that they produced all the shield Pins at the same time, and one of the Aus Pins simply wound up in the wrong box for filling with Blue. The lettering appears to be filled and not stamped, which would be a more difficult mix-up to happen.

• Options
    Aussie BenAussie Ben AustraliaRegistered User regular

It's two-tone yellow. Yug posted a picture of the passes recently. =)

• Options
    El_Funko wrote: »
    Haha cool.

I talked to Brian at the merch booth about it. He says that all the pins are hand painted, so this isn't a mass production error. This pin some how ended up with the Prime pins before they were painted. I'd like to know how many are out there, but it is possible that it is the only one.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    The next question: does the back of the pin say 1200 limited?

• Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    This is very cool and bad ass. Enjoy that pin because you may well be the only person with one like it.

miker525 on
    weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Yeah I'd hold onto it. Might be worth something one day.

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    miker525 wrote: »
    This is very cool and bad ass. Enjoy that pin because you may well be the only person with one like it.

Almost certainly.
    Yeah I'd hold onto it. Might be worth something one day.

Probably not. Anomalies like this are more of a curiosity, you need a screw-up on a larger yet still limited scale to actually see the perceived value go up.

• Options
    The next question: does the back of the pin say 1200 limited?

Yes it does.
    miker525 wrote: »

It would be hard to part with it, because it's such an oddity, and I'll probably never to to PAX AUS.