As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Aus Pinny Predictions

purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
I do not think we will have time to PAX Aus predictions on the podcast, so I am going to open it up to everyone. How many pins do you think there will be? Any crazy guesses that could come true?

I am guessing that there will be 16 pins, not including boss pins, staff pins, etc. for my safe predictions I am predicting that WotC's pin this time will be Sarkhan Vol and that Drop Bear will be in the core set.

For my out there predictions I am going to say that we will get a Destiny pin and that Nintendo will finally give us a pin, just to make my life more difficult. :)

• SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    I sincerely hope 16 or less is what the number is:

4 Core set pins
    1 10th Anniversary pin
    10 or so partner pins

I've got a Pin Pal, but I may need to be prepared to trade extras if that number stretches above 16.

• akl3inakl3in Registered User regular
    if a Bethesda pin is released at AUS :(

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    No idea on what pins might be there but i also think less than prime, around 10 to 15 new pins, plus some brought over from prime/east

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Drayven_DarkoDrayven_Darko Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Drop Bear is a lock for the core set.

Assassin's Creed: Unity would make sense, but I expect we'll see Ubisoft repeat their Prime pin.
    Some kind of D&D pin. Maybe Drizzt?

"Sometimes I doubt your commitment to 'Sparkle Motion'."
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I think Scott Kurtz confirmed a pin for Aus, it's just a matter of what the design is.

I see The Order pin being a repeat there.

Who even went to Aus last year for vendors? I know it isn't nearly as many as the US, so I see Aus having less pins than East 2014 personally.

• QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    Qumaden wrote: »
    Kemper in a dropbear costume.

Somebody tell Erika to get on that ASAP!

• adambargadambarg Forward the Pinglorious Basterds!Registered User regular
    Kemper in a dropbear costume.

Oh my god yes.

ChMDm4Y.png
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    I have already talked to Erika re: Kemper Aus Pin. You are so far all wrong.

• DuckieDuckie Squirrel Squad Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Kangaroo Kemper would be pretty cute to have at some point.

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with surfing/beach related pins at some point given our international stereotype.

I want a drop bear pin more than anything <3<3 (with Qumaden's suggestion of Kemper in a drop bear suit as a follow up afterwards).

Duckie on
    Pinny Pals Lanyard | I make things!!

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
  • orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »

Crocodile Kempee?

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • El_FunkoEl_Funko Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Who even went to Aus last year for vendors? I know it isn't nearly as many as the US, so I see Aus having less pins than East 2014 personally.

Off the top of my head, the main exhibitors were:

Ubisoft was there showing the recent Splinter Cell game and the Might & Magic Duel of Champions CCG.
    Riot Games, obviously.
    World of Tanks had a huge section of the expo.
    Saints Row 4 was there, shrouded in black cloth like a Ringwraith to protect innocent eyes and ears.
    Microsoft had a tiny, roped off booth with an Xbox One console sitting on a plinth. Those were the only things that were in that booth. Oh, and sometimes the Xbox would disappear and be replaced with a sign indicating the Xbox would be back soon. I really hope there's a pin to commemorate how amazing this booth was.

That's about it, from memory. Most of the other booths were retail stores selling stuff, PC/IT hardware peripheral companies, communities (e.g. Rooster Teeth), and indie games.

I'm sure this year will be much better, as there's way more floor space and the show has much better exposure after how popular the first event was. I'm just not sure that will mean Prime/East amounts of pins. Like others have said, I hope there's at least 10 or so vendor/partner pins in addition to the Aus 2014 set and 10th anniversary pin. In reality, I think around 5 vendor/partner pins is more likely.

I hope to be pleasantly surprised in the next few weeks.

El_Funko on
    Funny story:
    That Xbox One was the only one Microsoft had brought with them. When it was missing from the plinth it was because they needed it to show off games in the main theatre.

• NefilyNefily Melbourne AURegistered User regular
    A drop bear pin would be the best!! I really hope we get a good number of pins i have a bit of a pin debt to my US pals to pay off!

I just hope they aren't upside-down themed again. I can't remember the last time I heard an Australian use the phrase "down under".

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular

Crocodile Kempee?

Duckie is pretty close.

Crocodile Kempee?

Duckie is pretty close.

I could see croc hunter gabe or tycho, not so much kemper

Other themes, aboriginal, bondi beach surfer, outback explorer,

OMG JUST THOUGH Prime Minister Tycho Abbot in a suit with abbots trademark hair and EARS

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • NefilyNefily Melbourne AURegistered User regular
    NO! UGGGHHHHH

I second the UGGGHHHHH

edited September 2014
    Nefily wrote: »
    NO! UGGGHHHHH

Now imagine a full set of our House of representatives.....nightmares

Ayefkay on

8fuuo_RK.png
    El_Funko wrote: »
    I just hope they aren't upside-down themed again. I can't remember the last time I heard an Australian use the phrase "down under".

I love using 'antipodean', I'm sure I've used it to sign off in more than one pin pal/trade email :P
    Duckie is pretty close.

Me or orthancstone? Because you said duckie but quoted orthancstone and I want to be sure before I get too excited, haha.

While we're at it, I think PA should give our monotremes some love eventually because Echidnas and Platypi are badass and adorable and don't live anywhere else! (don't judge my pseudo-latin, platypi is totally an accepted term :P )

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
  • BrewtiConBrewtiCon Registered User regular
    Take a look at my pins
    Duckie wrote: »
    El_Funko wrote: »

I love using 'antipodean', I'm sure I've used it to sign off in more than one pin pal/trade email :P
    Duckie is pretty close.

Me or orthancstone? Because you said duckie but quoted orthancstone and I want to be sure before I get too excited, haha.

While we're at it, I think PA should give our monotremes some love eventually because Echidnas and Platypi are badass and adorable and don't live anywhere else! (don't judge my pseudo-latin, platypi is totally an accepted term :P )

You. It is Kemper in a Kangaroos Pouch. Don't worry, they both seemed totally cool with the setup.

I have a few other things I talked with Erika and Jeff about over the past few days, they will be showing up in the podcast soon.

• 00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    I doubt the Order pin will be a repeat. From what I heard on Monday they had done a 1000 pin run and they had run out.

00Fayt00 wrote: »
    I doubt the Order pin will be a repeat. From what I heard on Monday they had done a 1000 pin run and they had run out.

They definitely didn't run out. I ran into the guy with the mutton chops from the booth in the airport. Not only did he give me a freebie Order pin, but he had a whole bag of em.

@Duckie‌ you just used the word "monotreme", marry me?

• brettness37brettness37 Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular

That dude told me he had a whole pocket full of them and there was nothing he would trade for :/

It'd be nice to see a Gigantic pin.
    Or one for Armello
    (I'm aware that the pins would look pretty damn similar)

• timebeingtimebeing Registered User regular
    There has to be a Magic pin. They are 5 for 5. I'm guessing full body Garruk.

• FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    timebeing wrote: »
    There has to be a Magic pin. They are 5 for 5. I'm guessing full body Garruk.

Naw, odds are a pin related to the new Khans set. "3" Garruk pins is overkill.

Haha, I'm pretty sure everyone down here uses it, I remember having to learn a song about monotremes when I was in primary school ^^
    I'll have to check with my partner and see how they feel about it :P

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
  • adambargadambarg Forward the Pinglorious Basterds!Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Magic: Ugin pin that is crystalline and gold silver would be sweet! MOAR DARGONS PINS!!

But yea, probably Sarkhan.

adambarg on
    ChMDm4Y.png
  • Manic2kManic2k Brotherhood of the Squirrel [AUS]Registered User regular
    If we have lower vendor pins we may see something new come out of penny arcade to make up numbers.
    Maybe even some indie dev stuff?

Imagine if it's like

4 core
    1 ann
    wotc

yep.

Pinny arcade - Pin Pals community page: www.facebook.com/pinnypals
    Community Pinny Arcade Trading web site: http://www.pinnypals.com
    Pinny Arcade - Pin Pals twitter: @PA_PinPals
    SubReddit:http://www.reddit.com/r/pinnypals
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pinnypals
    I spoke to Jeff about this the Thursday before PAX. I ask if there would be a lower number of pins at PAX and it seemed like there might be. He made it sound like they were still trying to have quite a few pins there. He said the reason it was harder to get as many pins there was because a lot of the companies that go don't have the rights to make pins.

He didn't make it sound like it would be a super low number of pins though. :).

Duckie wrote: »

Haha, I'm pretty sure everyone down here uses it, I remember having to learn a song about monotremes when I was in primary school ^^
    I'll have to check with my partner and see how they feel about it :P

Taxonomic Order isn't something a lot of people use. I assume that 97% of Americans couldn't identify the taxonomy of any animal, much less the egg laying mammals.

10th Anniversary WoW pin. I'm calling it here.

• orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    With BlizzCon coming up, is Blizzard expected to be there?

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    They most definitely will not be at AUS

Man, PAX without Blizz? Not having Blizz or LoL in the Expo hall is like a dream come true for me.

Man, PAX without Blizz? Not having Blizz or LoL in the Expo hall is like a dream come true for me.

Tsk tsk. League of Legends is something at PAX that draws in a huge amount of people *cough* me *cough*. I'm of course hooked to PAX and PA in general now…but LoL is where PAX started for me. :P

This discussion has been closed.