As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Character design: Slow progress (page 2)

2»

• Options
    TwistedFateTwistedFate Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I like 1 and 3 personally. I'm very curious about watching all of this progress, especially because I'm still not sure what the character is all about. I know she has what appears to be a large, futuristic gun, and the context picture you posted puts her in a fight with a large, flying robot.

Keep up the good work, man.

TwistedFate on
    thIs fOrUm dEsErvEs A bEttEr clAss Of OttEr, And I'm gOnnA gIvE It tO 'Em. yOU'll sEE, I'll shOw yA
  • Options
    lethaniellethaniel Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    To be honest I don't have much of an idea where this is going either. I only have a rough idea so this is all pretty spontaneous.

lethaniel on
  • Options
    ZarcathZarcath Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    lethaniel wrote:
    Trying out more ideas.

mailgirl.jpg

mailgirlfig.jpg

I'm definitely going to change her lower body (skirt/boots etc) to make it less school-girly.

These sketches remind me of Last Exile.

Zarcath on
  • Options
    Wilhelm_IIIWilhelm_III Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I'm going to have to go with everyone else and say #1 on this one.

Wilhelm_III on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Still refining the design. I want to change the colour of the logo on her hat but I can't find one that works.

anotheronecolour.jpg

lethaniel on
  • Options
    melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    is it supposed to look like one long zipper all the way down? the colors seem a little bit boring to me..but i like this design better than the first one (:

melting_doll on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    No, each item of clothing has it's own zipper ...which i think might not be such a good idea.

lethaniel on
  • Options
    RavenshadowRavenshadow Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    the colors are a little boring. and her head is waaay to small.

Ravenshadow on
  • Options
    supergluesuperglue Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    lethaniel wrote:
    No, each item of clothing has it's own zipper ...which i think might not be such a good idea.

pst... c'mere.

Zippers for skirts are usually on the back or side.

edit: In a way, she kind of looks like a nun...

superglue on
  • Options
    GreatnationGreatnation Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I assmume this is for a comic story of some sort? It looks good, but a peice of advice.

Nail your story first. Figure out your big plan. Maybe even draw the whole thing in thumbnailish small form first. Worrying about what zipper goes where and the length of here skirt is almost wasted energy without the big picture. That said, if you do have the plan, this latest one is looking good. The alienish head is throwing me off though- its not exactly out of proportion its just kinda robotic.

/editted....

Greatnation on
  • Options
    Creambun 007Creambun 007 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I too want to hear about this - "pig plan"

So, will the pigs be the protagonists, or antagonists?

Creambun 007 on
    Diggity.
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Honestly, I've never seen a skirt with a zipper all the way down. The most recent one is looking really stiff. She's much like a mannequin, in face and body. I'd be trying to use action poses when practicing if I were you, even if it is just concepts.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    SpilltoySpilltoy Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    The newest one looks like a series of disjointed components. And it's very stiff.

I really like this sketch, though:

mailgirlfig.jpg

Also, yes. Skirt zippers are sidesies or backsies, and on that kind of skirt, not all the way down. Or you could do big fuckin buttons off to a side.

Spilltoy on
    I really don't.
  • Options
    GoToHellDaveGoToHellDave Registered User regular
    Pretty cool reminds me of the girl from Sleeping beauty. Would love to see some shading and shadows on her.

hELLbANNER.jpg
  • Options
    ZenfarZenfar Registered User regular
    The boots are cool but not sure about the little jacket. Keeps getting better with each revision.

• Options
    Why the hell are people bumping this thread from 6 fucking years ago??

This discussion has been closed.