As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

East 2015 Q&A Thread

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    They made a ten-year deal deal with the convention center to book PAX there, so these dates have been set since 2012 or so. Tickets will probably go on sale around the same time, but of course there's never a hard time for sales so just keep your eyes peeled to the PAX twitter account.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    Bobkins is correct that the dates are set in stone, I'd also like to add that the window to purchase a 3-day pass once it opens is quite short (those in the know will say that's an understatement!), so you will need to check the Twitter feed often from this point on until you have your tickets and if possible setup an alert for the official pax twitter. Tickets are usually sold somewhere in the Sept-November timeframe.
    What I did last year is travel up on the Thursday before PAX, and leave the Monday after. So if your budget allows that long of a trip, you'll want to have March 5-9 available for your PAX trip and you should be good unless you want more time in Boston.

• Options
    Sgt.MaysSgt.Mays Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Planning on flying Porter airlines out of CYTZ, anybody know if there will be airline discount codes?.

Gaymer, Nerd and Fan of Freeman's Mind/Half-life/GTA/Red Vs Blue

Attended: East 14, 15 and West 16
    Attending West 2019
  • Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Sgt.Mays wrote: »
    Planning on flying Porter airlines out of CYTZ, anybody know if there will be airline discount codes?.

If you mean are you likely to get a cheaper airfare on Porter if you book something through the official PAX channels? Doubtful. However, Porter ALWAYS has a sale promo on, it seems: usually half off basic airfare (Pre-taxes, airlines fees, etc), just hit up their webpage every so often.

LoonyEclipse on
    My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    VGVideoGalaxyVGVideoGalaxy Northern VirginiaRegistered User regular
    JetBlue has some pretty good deals too at times so I would recommend checking on their site too.

• Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    What is the offical pax twitter also what other twitters should I have

• Options
    pepepenguinpepepenguin Registered User new member
    Hey, so if we can make it next year (2015) PaxEast will be the first PAX for me and a big group of my friends. I was wondering, since we have such a big group of people, (10-12) if PaxEast is able to sell a group of tickets so that everyone would guaranteed be able to come? We would be able to provide any information needed.

• Options
    No that is not possible pepe I think max last year was 4 or 5 tickets so you prob would need 3 people on at the same time to be safe to make sure everyone got there tickets

• Options
    klzklz Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure last year was 4 weekend tickets Max per person (or 4x each fri sat and sun passes if you weren't in the first few minutes of the tickets going up).

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    is there certain ones on that list i should look at more then others?

• Options
    do you have to have the twitter app for moble notifacations to work

• Options
    dramaticreacharounddramaticreacharound Registered User new member
    Does anyone know if tickets will be sold through a 3rd party like last years? If so, anyone know who?

• Options
    ShowClix is who they usually sell them through

• Options
    Megan_GwynnMegan_Gwynn Pixie New EnglandRegistered User regular
    Pax is listed on their site.

• Options
    KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    ShowClix is who they usually sell them through

Is there any need to have an account on a website ahead of time?

• Options
    No, in fact I'm not sure you can sign up for one without purchasing a ticket.

• Options
    animeman75animeman75 Massachusetts Registered User regular
    A band called Gates of Ivory who performs rock covers of Kingdom Hearts songs as well as some of their own songs of course said to a commenter that they would love to if they could and I was just wondering who I should send them to talk to to get booked?

Here is their Kingdom Hearts- Sanctuary cover: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55lKlq_VeVM

Ignorance is arrogance as time is but a dime and i don't know where im going with this.
  • Options
    they'd have to get in touch with reed expo through the exhibitor channels of pax, as far as I know.

• Options
    RevGutterRevGutter Registered User regular
    If that doesn't work, they could try reaching out to the guys at MagFest to get in the scheduled Jamspace line up.

• Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    RevGutter wrote: »
    If that doesn't work, they could try reaching out to the guys at MagFest to get in the scheduled Jamspace line up.

We probably wouldn't be able to pay for accommodations or anything, but we're not adverse to considering someone for a scheduled slot if they e-mail us with sufficient notice of their desire to play.

• Options
    BinaryPieBinaryPie Registered User regular
    According to the Massachusetts Convention website, PAX 2015, will be hosted from Friday, March 6, 2015 to Sunday, March 8, 2015. Also, this is daylight savings weekend, so please plan accordingly!

PAX on the same weekend as daylight savings? That's gonna be rough.

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    It happened back in '11 as well. Thankfully PAX won't be open during the switch.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    Who sleeps during Pax anyway. ;)

• Options
    sfford2008sfford2008 Registered User regular
    pilferk wrote: »
    Who sleeps during Pax anyway. ;)

This guys does or he wouldn't survive.

• Options
    blefblef Registered User regular
    I have never gone to a PAX and hope to go in 2015 with 6 of my friends. I have a few questions.

1. It looked like for pax Prime tickets you had to be in que for them within seconds. How can I make sure to get them without paying hundreds of $ per person? We are students and have next to no extra money.
    2. On the same note, when (during the day) do they go on sale? Am I going to be at school when they go on sale?
    3. How many tickets can I buy in one transaction?

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    1. Right place, right time
    2. This is when passes historically have gone on sale.
    3. 4 full days worth (i.e. you can buy 2 sets of Fri-Sun and 2 3 days and be at the limit).

whypick1 on
  • Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    blef wrote: »
    I have never gone to a PAX and hope to go in 2015 with 6 of my friends. I have a few questions.

1. It looked like for pax Prime tickets you had to be in que for them within seconds. How can I make sure to get them without paying hundreds of $ per person? We are students and have next to no extra money.

Also setup mobile notifications for the @Official_PAX twitter account so you get notified when they go on sale and can jump online.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    blefblef Registered User regular
    whypick1 wrote: »
    3. 4 full days worth (i.e. you can buy 2 sets of Fri-Sun and 2 3 days and be at the limit).
    3. do you mean 8 full days? how does that add up to 4?

• Options
    Sorry, that should be "weekends worth". My example has two 3 days and two sets that are the equivalent of 3 days for four sets total.

• Options
    KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    What timezones are those times for (really you should default them to local time for the respective PAX)

JfqWFk8.png
  • Options
    All times are Pacific Coast & based on twitter

• Options
    so looks like they normally go on sale between noon and 130 pm est

• Options
    WolfieeWolfiee Web/Graphic Designer and Illustrator MARegistered User regular
    Wait wut? I purchased tickets last year for 4 people, all 3-day passes and I believe the limit was 5. Are you saying they are limiting it to 2 3-days per transaction this year?

0CsmwYt.jpg
    Badges [ ] Hotel [ ] Complete Pixelist.net [x] Excitement [x]
  • Options
    No. I was just providing an example to show that the limit is based on the number of days, not the number of badges (necessarily). 4 3-days is just as kosher as 4 sets of Fri-Sat-Sun.

• Options
    SoulairSoulair Registered User regular
    How good are Console Tournaments/Console Free Play ?

• Options
    what do you mean by "how good"? That's extraordinarily subjective. Is there specific info about it you want to know? It's a place where you can play games on the latest consoles.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    The console area is not nearly as big as Magfest, but they still have a good selection of games and systems

VGVideoGalaxy on
  • Options
    FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    animeman75 wrote: »
    While Pax East isn't completely announcement full as E3 or Gamescom, it still does contain many announcements about content in games for example, the Gearbox booth has announced many DLC details at Pax in the past. If Pax South now exists only a few months before Pax East, what is keeping developers from just announcing their things there? Pax East will soon be nothing but booths and random people having booths on the same things as every year if this is the case and I fear it.

I see PAX as a weekend of gaming overindulgence. The event is so big that a number of other events made up by both the community and events will spruce up and gravitate in and around the main event itself (hence, why the official schedule is always the tip of the iceberg). Special announcements are often going to happen because the event has so much visibility, but even if they did not occur, it would not change the fact that you would not have the time to do everything PAX has to offer in one weekend. I'm fairly confident that whatever happens, you will be kept quite busy.

In my case, I tend to learn about most special announcements made at PAX only once I'm back home.

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    hey so this may not be the best place for this and if it is not sorry. I am looking to buy plane tickets for a vaca i am taking soon and I figured since a lot of pax people take a plane maybe would be a good place to ask. Is there a sit you use to get the best deal on a plane flight. Also how far in advance do you buy it. Is there a certain site to watch flight prices going up and down. And is there a certain day you try and get you tickets on for the best price