As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PbP] 13th Age: Darskye-fall: Into the Wild Wood

1171819202123»

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Arastor joins Farkas, "Probably four or five months really for the Lich King to manage to get the group leader. And I only joined this group hours ago. I think you really are looking for some others."

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    The gathered horde looks back and forth in a bit of confusion. "Talk all you want, villains. You may not know of destiny or have the power of foresight, but the ones we swear fealty to have access to far greater powers than you can fathom. If you think that this has not been planned far ahead of time, you are as willfully ignorant as you are weak. We're here to kill anyone who's not been exposed to the crystals, either way. You seem clean, so you need to die. Try not to take it too personal..." he says, slowly cracking his knuckles.

Hoots and hollers come from the crowd and come from all sides. Possibly bounced about by the trees? Or maybe there are even more than you thought?

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    Proof finds their threats and bluster adorable.

He hefts his axe from its belt loop, rolls his shoulders and spits on the ground beside him. He manages to miss Arastor's boots, too.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Since there have been actions implying hostility on both sides, let's get an INITIATIVE ROLL from all you folks! Also, if you would like to do anything before the fur starts flying, let me know that also. Stealth, turning into a dragon, weaponizing bees, etc.

GG (Farkas): 20
    Oats (Proof): 15
    BSS (Barthas): 14
    Jdarksun (Clank): 13
    Phyphor (Arastor): 11
    Auralynx (Yancey): 10

Surprise round: Aura

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    Geth roll 1d20+4 for INITIATIVE

INITIATIVE:
    1d20+4 11 [1d20=7]

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+3 for initiative

initiative:
    1d20+3 15 [1d20=12]

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Geth roll 1d20+7 for initiative

"Oh, so you know about these crystals, eh? Leave Destiny alive. His friends..." Farkas spins his dagger in his hand. "And his limbs, those can go."

initiative:
    1d20+7 20 [1d20=13]

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+3 for initiative

initiative:
    1d20+3 14 [1d20=11]

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Geth roll 1d20+5 for Initiative

Did I manage to hide? Also that should've been +7, so it's a 10.

InitiativeDid I manage to hide?:
    1d20+5 8 [1d20=3]

Auralynx on
  • Options
    Yeah you got a 25. They think you are a rock that for some strange reason is moving around very slowly :p

Need a roll from @jdarksun‌

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Gonna draw up encounter bits either later today or early tomorrow.

• Options
    @Auralynx‌ , how close to the main group would you like to be before you make yourself known?

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Auralynx‌ , how close to the main group would you like to be before you make yourself known?

I still don't have anything with real range, so just put me somewhere near whatever looks like their leader.

• Options
    Back in town and at work (boooo). I apologize for the wait! I'll toss this up shortly.

• Options
    geth, roll 5d20 for initiative

initiative:
    5d20 42 [5d20=15, 2, 8, 5, 12]

• Options
    Surprise round first for @‌Auralynx

As the group gets into battle positions, some weaker looking foes step to the fore. Robed figures disrobe to reveal stretched skin and hollow eyes. Sharp teeth and spines protrude form their bodies. A tattooed man in leather armor is punching himself in the head and working himself into a frenzy. A clearly undead... thing stands to the other side of a tall man who, upon removing bracers from his wrists, grows in height and mass. Soon, he is shown to be an ogre at least 9 feet tall and wielding a club to match. Behind them all stands a figure in dark platemail. Shadow spills from all of the joints and gaps in the armor. A sickly purple light throbs from somewhere within the armor.

Escalation die: 0

INITIATIVE
    • Farkas (GG) - 20
    • Diabolist's Dretches - 20
    • Orc Lord's Ogre - 17
    • Proof (Oats) - 15
    • Barthas (BSS) - 14
    • Clank (Jdark) - 13
    • Prince of Shadows' Blackamber Legionnaire: 12
    • Orc Lord's Berzerker - 12
    • Arastor (Phyphor) - 11
    • Yancey (Auralynx) - 10
    • Lich King's Ghoul - 10

STATBLOCK
    Stats:
    [*] GG (Farkas): AC14 PD14 MD12 - 28/28 HP, ?/? recoveries
    [*] Arastor (Phyphor): AC 20 PD 17 MD 13 - 50/50 HP, 10/10 recoveries
    [*] Arastor's Pet: AC 18, PD 16, MD 12 - 36/36 HP
    [*] Oats (Proof): AC14 PD13 MD12 - 32/32 HP. ?/? recoveries
    [*] Jdark (Clank): AC18 PD15 MD15 - 32/32 HP, ?/? recoveries
    [*] Auralynx (Yancey): AC18 PD15 MD14 - 36/36 HP, ?/? recoveries
    [*] Bss (Barthas): AC17 PD13 MD13 - 28/28 HP, 8/8 recoveries

[*] Dretch (A): AC17 PD15 MD11 - 52/52 HP (Mook)
    [*] Dretch (B): AC17 PD15 MD11 - 52/52 HP (Mook)
    [*] Dretch (C): AC17 PD15 MD11 - 52/52 HP (Mook)
    [*] Dretch (D): AC17 PD15 MD11 - 52/52 HP (Mook)
    [*] Ghoul: AC18 PD16 MD12 - 36/36 HP
    [*] Ogre: AC19 PD16 MD12 - 90/90 HP
    [*] Blackamber Legionnaire: AC20 PD14 MD17 - 48/48 HP
    [*] Berzerker: AC17 PD16 MD12 - 45/45 HP

Monster's moves (For easier reference for me, really)
    DRETCH:
    Claws: +8 vs AC - 6 Damage
    Fear: While engaged with this creature, enemies with 15 or fewer HP are dazes (-4 attack roll) and do not add ED to attacks

GHOUL
    Claws and Bite: +8 vs AC - 8 Damage
    Natural even: Target is vulnerable (crit range +2) to attacks until EoNT
    Pound of flesh: +4 damage to vulnerable targets
    Infected Bite: Any creature slain and not consumed by the ghoul will rise as a ghoul the following night
    Paralyzing Bite: When the ghoul hits a vulnerable target with a natural even attack roll, the target is also stunned (save ends)

OGRE
    Big Honkin' Club - +7 vs AC - 12 Damage
    Big Shove - +9 vs PD - Each enemy engaged with Ogre - 1d6 damage, target pops free. (Quick action)

BLACKAMBER LEGIONNAIRE
    Shortsword - +8 vs AC - 10 damage
    Natural 16+ the target moves down 1d3 points in the initiative order, to a minumum of 1
    Natural even miss: 5 damage
    Javelin - +6 vs AC - 8 damage
    Press advantage: The legionnaire deals +1d6 damage with attacks to enemies with lower initiative than it has

BERZERKER
    Haymaker: +7 vs AC - 6 damage
    Natural even hit: +1d6 damage from a punch with the other hand

(I figure the HP and stats are out of date. Update that for me when you guys go)

1_zps15a082ee.png

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for "Blinding Burst Attack."

Yancey pops back into view from the underbrush with a blinding crackle of electrical energy balled in one fist. He flings it towards the Legionnaire, connecting with flash and a crackle that leaves an afterimage in the rest of the party's vision, then lunges back away from the enemies to cut off their retreat.

19 Damage, at least, which is the most I've done yet. I really can't seem to win with the new Geth rules. What the heck am I doing wrong? Quick action to activate Blinding Burst, Standard to throw it, move back away from the group / enemies. Hopefully I can keep this guy occupied!

"Blinding Burst Attack."Yancey pops back into view from the underbrush with a blinding crackle of electrical energy balled in one fist. He flings it towards the Legionnaire:
    1d20+8 27 [1d20=19]

Auralynx on
  • Options
    Geth parsing is borked at the moment. Just make the roll, then edit the post to include everything else, because it doesn't recognize newlines anymore

• Options
    Also, I assume we did some healing or something after the last fight?

• Options
    @Grunt's Ghosts is up for the beginning of regular combat!

Also yeah I'm assuming you are all at full HP.

Also also if you want to do your attack and damage rolls, just separate them with a semicolon.

Geth, roll 1d20+7;1d10+3 for football headbutt

Etc

• Options
    My stats should be 30 HP and recoveries should be 8. And I'm not on the map.

Farkas draws his dagger and rushes up to the first Dratch. "I guess you guys don't have much in way of brains." Farkas slashes at the one of the dratchs but the creatures are faster then anything dead has the right to be.
    Tumble Strike+Sneak Attack=Death: 1d20+7 14 3d8+4 18 1d8 2

• Options
    Work laptop is totally effed. Can't click spoilers or access anything requiring java, apparently?
    Will try and update this tonight or tomorrow. Sorry for the delay again

• Options
    I missed so...

• Options
    Guys, I think I'm going to have to call this one.

I'm going to have to visit some prisons for the next few weeks probably (for work!) And my work computer isn't working worth a damn and with wanting to spend time with family and all the podcast editing, I just don't have time.

I had a lot of fun and I accept any grudge votes you all may dish out if I see you folks in a phalla

Sorry again :(

• Options
    bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    Guys, I think I'm going to have to call this one.

I'm going to have to visit some prisons for the next few weeks probably (for work!) And my work computer isn't working worth a damn and with wanting to spend time with family and all the podcast editing, I just don't have time.

I had a lot of fun and I accept any grudge votes you all may dish out if I see you folks in a phalla

Sorry again :(

No worries, it was fun stuff. Thank you for running it. :)

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site