As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pax Prime 2015 Date

SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of DestructionRegistered User regular
The WSCC Event Calendar is showing Pax Prime 2015 taking place 8/28 - 8/31. http://www.wscc.com/about_us/calendar.aspx
If this is correct it means Pax will not be during Labor Day weekend next year. I sent an E-mail to pax_questions@paxsite.com to see if they would confirm, but just got the standard canned response to watch twitter.

IhtGIyi.png

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    The WSCC calendar has not been wrong yet. Every few years there's a conflict on labor day weekend (last one was for Prime 2011).

• PurpleSkyPurpleSky Registered User regular
    Sheraton is practically sold out for that weekend already so it is looking like that is most likely the correct date.

• jamsyarbotsjamsyarbots Wilmington, DERegistered User regular
    PurpleSky wrote: »
    Sheraton is practically sold out for that weekend already so it is looking like that is most likely the correct date.

I'm pretty sure the hotels block a certain number of rooms for Pax, you're probably just seeing the booked rooms outside of the Pax block.

• AractorAractor Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    PurpleSky wrote: »

I'm pretty sure the hotels block a certain number of rooms for Pax, you're probably just seeing the booked rooms outside of the Pax block.
    +1

I'm sure OnPeak has multi-year contracts with the hotels since PAX Prime is a re-occurring event. Wouldn't make a lot of business sense to set up agreements each year individually.

Attended: Prime 2011, Prime 2012, Prime 13, Prime 2014
    Enforced: West 2015, West 2016
    76561197962492129.png
  • SanDogWepsSanDogWeps Limerick Monger San DiegoRegistered User regular
    W reservation camped. This time early enough for the government rate in a corner room!

keyanEQ2_100x400.gif
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    The WSCC calendar has not been wrong yet. Every few years there's a conflict on labor day weekend (last one was for Prime 2011).

I have something rolling around in my head from 2011 that there is a conflict every four years due to some other long-running convention.

yeah I thought it was every 7, but here we are

• vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I think it's a medical convention every 4 years.

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• BLaZuREBLaZuRE Registered User regular
    vespachica wrote: »
    Yeah, I think it's a medical convention every 4 years.

It was some sort of geological convention or similar like 2 or 3 years ago. Maybe it's something different every time...

PAX West 2017 Checklist:
    [X] Order Badges [X] Hotel [ X ] Flight [ X ] Time Off [ X ] Bobcat [ . ] Office Set [ . ] Challenge Coin [ . ] Sanity

yQb8WN6.png
  • japerryjaperry Registered User regular
    hahah 25000 est attendance. hahaha

7jIDTca.png
  • BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    japerry wrote: »
    hahah 25000 est attendance. hahaha
    If you just count people in WSCC, and only per day, that's probably not too far off. Not that we will ever know for sure.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    2015 isn't the conflict with the other show. Prime is on the same weekend as normal for 2015, it's the holiday that's moved. The observed holiday for Labor day is the first Monday in September. Since days shift over, year to year, Prime Monday is now Aug 31 and the labor day holiday is the 7th.

Unless Prime moves ahead a week, we'll not be on Labor day weekend again for a number of years.

• hobbseltoffhobbseltoff Issaquah, WARegistered User regular
    Take this with a grain of salt but it's possible that Prime won't be on the weekend mentioned in this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PAX/comments/2fd1y0/pax_prime_2015_potential_dates_828831/ck8ea43

row1.pngrow2.png
    The WSCC calendar has not been wrong yet. There is no reason to doubt the venue as these dates are figured out way in advance. It's certainly not "official" from pax, but it's damned close.

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Steel Fire wrote: »
    2015 isn't the conflict with the other show. Prime is on the same weekend as normal for 2015, it's the holiday that's moved. The observed holiday for Labor day is the first Monday in September. Since days shift over, year to year, Prime Monday is now Aug 31 and the labor day holiday is the 7th.

Unless Prime moves ahead a week, we'll not be on Labor day weekend again for a number of years.

Since moving to the WSCC in 2007, PAX has been held over Labor Day weekend every year except for 2007 and 2011. 2009 also had a "late" Labor Day on the 7th, but PAX was September 4-6.

• VGVideoGalaxyVGVideoGalaxy Northern VirginiaRegistered User regular
    I'm hoping to make it to a PAX Prime since I never have been before (only been to East). Seattle is a long haul from DC, but it should be very much worth it. I have always wanted to visit Seattle itself as well.

• Badash112Badash112 Registered User regular
    The Camlin usually books a full year in advance, this year I finally got in to book after trying for years, but had to guess at the weekend so I went with the WSCC Calender and booked for the 8/28 - 8/31st. Now I'm terribly anxious that this won't be correct. Hopefully the date gets announced soon and I can put my mind at ease.

• SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    Badash112 wrote: »
    The Camlin usually books a full year in advance, this year I finally got in to book after trying for years, but had to guess at the weekend so I went with the WSCC Calender and booked for the 8/28 - 8/31st. Now I'm terribly anxious that this won't be correct. Hopefully the date gets announced soon and I can put my mind at ease.

I'm with you. we had Labor day weekend booked, then saw the date change so moved. If it falls through, we'll be stuck on waitlists LOL

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Solelron wrote: »
    Badash112 wrote: »

I'm with you. we had Labor day weekend booked, then saw the date change so moved. If it falls through, we'll be stuck on waitlists LOL

I am sure you will be just fine. Even Reed Exhibitions show Pax Prime 2015 as 28-31 Aug 2015.
    http://www.reedexpo.com/en/Events/4234/PAX-Prime

IhtGIyi.png
  • BoofooLopolusBoofooLopolus Registered User new member
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    The WSCC Event Calendar is showing Pax Prime 2015 taking place 8/28 - 8/31. http://www.wscc.com/about_us/calendar.aspx
    If this is correct it means Pax will not be during Labor Day weekend next year. I sent an E-mail to pax_questions@paxsite.com to see if they would confirm, but just got the standard canned response to watch twitter.

when do pax prime 2015 tix go on sale

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    This doc has the sale and sellout dates for every PAX. That should give you some idea as to when to pay attention to pass sales.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Csifreak86Csifreak86 Registered User regular
    I am very happy seeing these dates. PAX Prime 2015 will start on my Birthday this year. :biggrin:

• forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Does anyone have an idea of when the actual dates will be announced? I need to give my employer an idea of what to expect for vacation time for next year.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    If you mean announced on the PAXsite, historically that doesn't happen until after East, Aprilish. Consensus seems to be that the dates listed in this thread are pretty safe though.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    Yeah I'm reporting my vacation far in advance but I would trust the dates given on the convention center's site. I've never known it to vary.

• FioryFiory Registered User regular
    I personally, hope that this isn't true....My wedding and honeymoon next year were planned with the idea that PAX would be on Labor Day Weekend....My Wedding Date is Thursday, September 3rd, with the idea that the Friday and Saturday my new husband and I would be enjoying Pax Prime 15, leaving on a red eye flight Saturday night to Florida for a Caribbean Cruise.....PAX Prime was literally going to be the beginning of our Honeymoon. TT.TT I know... I know... Selfish Bride is Selfish... -.-''''

Pax Prime Con-Goer since 2009
    ~*First Stop on our Honeymoon 2015? Pax Prime!*~
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Paxsite.com is showing the Prime dates as Aug 28 - 31, 2015.

So it is official.

IhtGIyi.png
  • scotty2haughtyscotty2haughty Registered User regular
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    Paxsite.com is showing the Prime dates as Aug 28 - 31, 2015.

So it is official.

Yay! And I've already got my tickets, so I'm gonna start making reservations/plans now.

• Chuck Liddell FanChuck Liddell Fan Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Scrap this, I am an idiot and thought the 2015 date was on the website. Still curious if badge sales will be down or if it will be even quicker with the tuesday being a day off

Chuck Liddell Fan on
    Oh my goodness
    Oh my Dayum
    Oh my goodness
    They goin' Ham
  • ViperFujaxViperFujax Registered User regular
    ahhhh. i hope my gf's school doesnt start before PAX. I'd like to take my time and enjoy Seattle for the first time.

bleh. Wish it was a week or so before those dates

• PythosPythos Registered User regular
    So, with PAX South just happening I think this thread needs a bump.

The program for South shows that Prime will take place 8/29 - 9/1. These are almost the dates listed at WSCC date book, but not quite. I guess this is as official as we are going to get. Has anyone seen anything from Robert?

PinnyPal Lanyard

azNQyjX.png

XBLA: Pythos07
    Pythos wrote: »
    So, with PAX South just happening I think this thread needs a bump.

The program for South shows that Prime will take place 8/29 - 9/1. These are almost the dates listed at WSCC date book, but not quite. I guess this is as official as we are going to get. Has anyone seen anything from Robert?

I think it is safe to say that is a typo. Those were last years dates & if it was 8/29-9/1 this year it would be Saturday - Tuesday.

8/28 - 8/31 has been posted on the WSCC site, Reed Expo site, & paxsite.com

IhtGIyi.png
  • JasonGreveJasonGreve Gamer Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    paxsite.com reigns supreme when it comes to dates I'd say. When in doubt, check it out: www.paxsite.com

JasonGreve on
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    JasonGreve wrote: »
    paxsite.com reigns supreme when it comes to dates I'd say. When in doubt, check it out: www.paxsite.com

Agreed. Prime will always start on a Friday and (as long as it's four days) end on a Monday.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
    Agreed. Prime will always start on a Friday and (as long as it's four days) end on a Monday.
    I wouldn't be so sure that it will always be that way. There have definitely been other times considered for the four days of prime.

I wouldn't be so sure that it will always be that way. There have definitely been other times considered for the four days of prime.

Seems like a odd thing to consider since labor day weekend was chosen and the fourth day added to coincide with it.

Except prime isn't always on labor day weekend. See: this year.

Except prime isn't always on labor day weekend. See: this year.

Wait it's not labor day weekend?! LOL I have not even checked yet.

• hml151hml151 Registered User regular
    I had the dates confirmed by pax_questions due to a wedding being the same day. They confirmed it would be August 28th-31st this year.

Max sig size: 500x80px OR 4 lines of text
    School Girl Goodness...Watch for us at future PAX Prime events. If want some of my geek chic collection, click on the etsy link.

http://s774.photobucket.com/user/SchoolGirlGoodness/library/
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VeronatheMad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    hml151 wrote: »
    I had the dates confirmed by pax_questions due to a wedding being the same day. They confirmed it would be August 28th-31st this year.

Indeed, the South program had a typo. It happens, sorry.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
This discussion has been closed.