As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX South Cosplay!

apocalypticashapocalypticash Seattle-ishRegistered User regular
I'm going to start this off, since it seems to be missing so far...

Who's cosplaying at PAX South, and what are you planning?

I'll have Athena from Borderlands: The PreSequel, maybe Thorn from Gearbox's new game, Battleborn, and possibly Rikku from FFX.

I've also been talking about doing an Oregon Trail costume for EVER with some of my friends.

• Options
    MDPMDP Registered User new member
    I'm thinking Wickerbottom from Don't Starve. I need to look up how to gray my hair.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    If I can find his shirt in my size I want to go as Ninja Brian from the Ninja Sex Party Music video "Unicorn Wizard". More specificlly. Princess Handjob

tumblr_mp8plt5AfR1syryx5o1_1280.jpg

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    I've got a pretty good Spider-Man (inspired by a Project Rooftop take on the costume), then I'm planning on putting together a Captain N costume, and maybe something else. A lemming group would be fun.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Lookouts Leader Samson, without the Winter-King mask since the antlers don't travel well.

• Options
    MidanMidan Registered User regular
    This will be my first con and my first cosplay, I did dress up at some ren fests I went to before. I am planning on going as a Pokemon breeder from the Unova region (Black and White games).

• Options
    xaldin87xaldin87 Gaymer SaTxRegistered User regular
    I usually go to anime cons so most of my cosplay has been anime centered. I have never been to PAX before, is it unhead of for people to do anime cosplay? My boyfriend wants to do AoT but if thats too out of place I am thinking maybe some Dragon Age cosplay.

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

• Options
    jmb83jmb83 Registered User regular
    xaldin87 wrote: »
    I usually go to anime cons so most of my cosplay has been anime centered. I have never been to PAX before, is it unhead of for people to do anime cosplay? My boyfriend wants to do AoT but if thats too out of place I am thinking maybe some Dragon Age cosplay.

Don't think that has ever stopped anyone before, but you could always use the excuse that there is an Attack on Titan PC game. Can see some of that gameplay on YouTube.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    People do cosplay of all sorts of things at PAX. Doesn't have to be game related.

• Options
    medusasmirrormedusasmirror Registered User new member
    I'll be bringing Morrigan from DragonAge: Inquisition.

• Options
    ohkateyohkatey Owner of Bitch Team Alpha Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Nisha from Borderlands Pre-Sequel, probably doing Oregon Trail with ApocalypticAsh, maybe FFX or X-2 character if I have the time.

pax primer @ <3
  • Options
    xaldin87xaldin87 Gaymer SaTxRegistered User regular
    I have a KH2 Sora costume that I have had since high school and still fits like a glove (safe to say I have NOT grown) but Its soooooooo worn out and while I love it to death it is def time for something new.

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

• Options
    The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    I am hoping to do a Steel Legion Lux cosplay - with lights. It's ambitious given it'll be my third cosplay. So we'll see how it goes :D.
    I won't be able to start work on the costume until at least September... But I'm hoping that'll still be enough time.

I'm scared and excited about the project.

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • Options
    CyberFeyCyberFey Registered User regular
    I'm thinking of doing cosplay, but I'm nervous. Do people often wear the same costume all three days?

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    My alternate costume if I can't find the ninja brian shirt in my size is going as the perveted old man in the Starbomb video of "It's Dangerous to go Alone". All I need is a monk robe. A white beard and to tie a Zelda Master Sword to as if I painted my Schween.

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    CyberFey wrote: »
    I'm thinking of doing cosplay, but I'm nervous. Do people often wear the same costume all three days?

I only have the one, so I'll either put my civilian stuff on for part of it, or just wear it for all 3 and try to avoid doing dumb things like spilling ketchup down the shirt, or dragging the cloak through a puddle.

• Options
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    CyberFey wrote: »

I only have the one, so I'll either put my civilian stuff on for part of it, or just wear it for all 3 and try to avoid doing dumb things like spilling ketchup down the shirt, or dragging the cloak through a puddle.

That'll be the trick--being a messy eater, I feel you. I might bring a backup just in case. I was thinking Snow from Fables but I was unsure if many people would get it.

• Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    Too lazy. I'll ogle you all though, so you've got that to look forward too.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    ShionShion Queen of the Whiteboard Markers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Ugh. I'm still working on my costume for Prime so my ideas are all over the place. I'm either going to bring my Kat from DMC costume that I'll be wearing at prime, Yuri Sakazaki from KoF '98 or '02, or maybe a goldeen gijinka. Deciding factors being luggage space and how much hand beading I can manage from september-january (The goldeen costume will have lots of little pearls and milky beads on it)

• Options
    yoobingsooyoobingsoo Registered User new member
    edited August 2014
    I know you are allowed to cosplay as anyone, but would it be really weird to cosplay an anime character that wears a school girl uniform? ^_^;; (Ibuki Fuko from Clannad or Taiga Aisaka from Toradora! for those who are wondering.) It'll be my first time cosplaying and anime characters that wear school uniforms are relatively easy to cosplay so that's why i chose them.

yoobingsoo on
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    yoobingsoo wrote: »
    I know you are allowed to cosplay as anyone, but would it be really weird to cosplay an anime character that wears a school girl uniform? ^_^;; (Ibuki Fuko from Clannad or Taiga Aisaka from Toradora! for those who are wondering.) It'll be my first time cosplaying and anime characters that wear school uniforms are relatively easy to cosplay so that's why i chose them.
    While you are at PAX, I don't think it'd be weird at all. ALthough cosplay at PAX certainly skews way game instead of anime, it's not like there isn't a big crossover.
    However, if you were planning on leaving the convention center, a costume like that would probably raise eyebrows if you aren't a woman.

• Options
    yoobingsooyoobingsoo Registered User new member
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    yoobingsoo wrote: »
    While you are at PAX, I don't think it'd be weird at all. ALthough cosplay at PAX certainly skews way game instead of anime, it's not like there isn't a big crossover.
    However, if you were planning on leaving the convention center, a costume like that would probably raise eyebrows if you aren't a woman.

Haha, don't worry, I'm female. But after thinking about it for a few days, I've changed my mind and have decided to go for an Attack on Titan cosplay instead. :smiley:

• Options
    After numerous and numerous layers of paper, flour, and Spackle my pokemon eggs are looking good. Now for the hardest part for me painting. I have several designs I have decided to for for some of my favorite Pokémon. Now I just have to take those designs and apply them to the eggs.

• Options
    I was thinking of doing an Acquisitions, Inc cosplay, but my husband isn't sure he wants to do them just yet as our sewing skills are very noob-ish. So my other thought would be as a pokemon of some sort (one in our group is going as Snorlax once we make her outfit), or as Ashley from WarioWare. Any thoughts? I haven't made clothing before, so we're a little nervous.

• Options
    Tesla RangerTesla Ranger BCRegistered User regular
    I've been working on a slight variation to the Leather Armor from Fallout New Vegas. I work with leather a fair bit more than resin so my PipBoy will probably wind up being "heavily modified". My brother's planning on going as Garruk Wildspeaker from MtG.

• Options
    coomtasticcoomtastic Smexy Beast TejasRegistered User regular
    I'm thinking about doing a Rule 63 Toko/Hilda/White, because that's my favorite Pokemon protagonist look of all time. It'll be more than likely without the daisy dukes, though.

Or I can always do my go-to cosplay of Nathan Drake.

• Options
    I'd love to meet up with any other Pokemon cosplayers for photos. :D Since this is my first time at a con and my first time cosplaying I want to go photo happy! Even thinking of borrowing my brothers camera for the occasion!

• Options
    FellsrikeFellsrike Registered User new member
    My plan currently is Rainslick Tycho, though I would like to try the Sage from Thornwatch

• Options
    BonniesBonnies Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Bonnies was warned for this.
    I won't be starting a new costume so I'm bring Sivir from League of Legends since I can travel with.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/1v/o7qphx55c820.jpg
    mod edit: removed img tags from oversized image

zerzhul on
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @Midan, That would be super fun!

CyberFey on
  • Options
    arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR Commander Registered User regular
    Seems like I am late to the game and totally missed that this thread was made before posting the other.
    Mods please feel free to kick my other thread in the teeth and put it down if you like! Sorry!

I should go.
    534159_4247466298641_1660805487_n.jpg
  • Options
    scrattatatscrattatat BostonRegistered User regular
    I'm working on an Elsa costume for Halloween, so I expect that to make a PAX appearance, along with probably my Merida costume. Just need a third Disney princess and I'll be able to pick a different one each night!

a4VADIl.png eDL5zgd.png
  • Options
    PvPCosplayPvPCosplay LouisianaRegistered User regular
    I will be featuring crossplay of Tyrant Swain from League of Legends and MAYBE the Reminates of the Lich Costume from Guild Wars
    My husband will be in his Brolaf from League of Legends and Ole Gregg from The Mighty Boosh.

We look forward to seeing everyone, our League costume will be on Saturday!

• Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    Fellsrike wrote: »
    My plan currently is Rainslick Tycho, though I would like to try the Sage from Thornwatch

Me and this guy ^, we need to fist bump.

• Options
    Yea I think a meet up would be awesome. Just need to find a place at the convention center, I've never been there though so I have no idea what little nooks and crannies there are to meet up at. The woes of a first con I suppose! lol

• Options
    BlainBlain Registered User regular
    Very tangentially, fist bumping with Legion at PAX Prime 2013 was delightfully bizarre. Thank you, cosplayers, for making life a little more surreal. :)

• Options
    TinglethemapsellerTinglethemapseller Registered User new member
    Hey im a bit late but i was thinking of cosplaying as Monkey D. luffy. I know its anime but why not or maybe a pokemon trainer idk

• Options
    KagzKagz OklahomaRegistered User regular
    So I am going and planning to be in costume for a bit of it I am planning Lina from Dota 2, Princess Hilda from LOZ, and maybe my female Hotline Miami costume I am doing for Halloween.

• Options
    BlargdonBlargdon Deadly Handsome Man houstonRegistered User regular
    Everyone go as Robert Khoo, there needs to just be 2000 Khoos walking the convention floor.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    There can be only one.

• Options
    finished With My Pokemon eggs And My Strap For My Bucket That'll Hold My Pokeballs! Trying To Finish Before Halloween, Cause Once Halloween Is Over I Pretty Much Live At My Work Till After New Years. Lol That Is The Joy Of Being The Only Store Open After 8 For A 25 Mile Radius.