As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Community Lapel Pin

SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of DestructionRegistered User regular
I wanted to let people know I will have at PAX this weekend a handful of the Community Lapel Pins that we created last year.

qWjHQltl.jpg?2

If you want one just track me down this weekend and make a donation. Any money that I do get will go towards the die fund for next years Challenge coin.

And if you have one of the pins, make sure to display it proudly.

IhtGIyi.png

• Options
    alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    Mine is top center on my backpack for this weekend...though it will soon be hard to see with all the Buttoneering buttons on it!

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • Options
    SPC_LZSPC_LZ Killeen, TXRegistered User new member
    I so want one...!!! Gonna have to track you down!

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    It's Friday morning and I'm standing in the Merch booth line. Light blue shirt, greenish shorts. Come find me if you want one.
    I have also posted on twitter @SkeleVader‌

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    I was very pleased to see people wearing these over the weekend and to get a few more into the hands of some forum members.
    Almost every line I was in someone commented on the pin and said how much they liked it.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    MetricalSkyMetricalSky Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    I was wearing my community pin at the bottom of my (Pinny Arcade) lanyard, and over the weekend at least a dozen people (generally other pin pals) asked about the community pin and how I got it. :)

ItrVoTt.png
  • Options
    CosmopolitanCosmopolitan Registered User regular
    I didn't know this was a thing! Man I missed out on a really cool pin =( oh well maybe next year!

• Options
    I didn't know this was a thing! Man I missed out on a really cool pin =( oh well maybe next year!

I still have a handful of extras so if I get lucky and score tickets again next year I will have them.
    If there is enough demand we can always make another run as well.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Holding out for another run...

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    Star ForgeStar Forge Registered User regular
    SkeleVader wrote: »

I still have a handful of extras so if I get lucky and score tickets again next year I will have them.

Having ordered 2 of the 2013 pins, I will recommend if making a new batch in the future to put the pin needle position in the center of the pin. My friend and I both nearly lost our pins cause it was so bottom heavy that both of us got our pins dropped off our lanyard. She stopped using it on her lanyard when it fell and I managed to salvage mine by using the rubber head that I stole from another pin. Just saying.

Attending [E]nforcing: PAX East 2015 Vacation: [x] Flight: [x] Hotel: [x] [E] Schedule: []
    Attended: PAX Prime 2014
    Considering: PAX Prime 2015
  • Options
    Star Forge wrote: »

Having ordered 2 of the 2013 pins, I will recommend if making a new batch in the future to put the pin needle position in the center of the pin. My friend and I both nearly lost our pins cause it was so bottom heavy that both of us got our pins dropped off our lanyard. She stopped using it on her lanyard when it fell and I managed to salvage mine by using the rubber head that I stole from another pin. Just saying.

Interesting. I use the push locking backs and had no problem with three of them on my lanyard.
    I am not sure if the pin can be moved easily since the mold is already made, but if enough people have an issue with it I can certainly ask and get a quote for how much it would be to change it.

I was thinking of bringing up the idea of another run in the East forum since I am sure there are a bunch of East people that may have missed it.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    Star ForgeStar Forge Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Star Forge wrote: »

Interesting. I use the push locking backs and had no problem with three of them on my lanyard.
    I am not sure if the pin can be moved easily since the mold is already made, but if enough people have an issue with it I can certainly ask and get a quote for how much it would be to change it.

I was thinking of bringing up the idea of another run in the East forum since I am sure there are a bunch of East people that may have missed it.

I think for me it was the metal head that might have been the weak point and fortunately I was able to get my pin all restored since it dropped at the Expo Hall. My friend nearly lost her's when she heard her's drop on the crosswalk outside. She was hesitant to put it back on afterwards. We both concluded that the pin positioning more towards the center of the pin plate would be keep the thing balanced and more sturdy on the lanyard.

Also, I might considering going to East next year (still debating at the moment) so if there is a revised edition, I might get two of those to replace the set I have.

Star Forge on
    Attending [E]nforcing: PAX East 2015 Vacation: [x] Flight: [x] Hotel: [x] [E] Schedule: []
    Attended: PAX Prime 2014
    Considering: PAX Prime 2015
  • Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    Damn I was gonna buy one of these off PCC and totally forgot. As a non-Prime attendee I guess I'll never get one unless there is another run but damn. Shoulda bought one sooner :(

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    brettness37brettness37 Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    @SkeleVader‌ any chance you have left overs? I gave mine up in a pin trade.