As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pax Prime 2014 Challenge Coin - Orders closed. Sign up to be notified for next year.

12345679»

• Options
    Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    Yay! My coins arrived in Seattle. Now just 5 more days until I join them.

• Options
    jukkakhanjukkakhan Registered User regular
    Just got mine, totally forgot it was on it's way. I love the Paramount side, the 3D effect really came out well! Thanks as always SkeleVader!

PimDtoK.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    that looks so awesome

• Options
    vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    I received mine today! The design looks fantastic on the coin, I can't wait to pass these out to my PAX group this year.

55ymlH2.png
  • Options
    BLaZuREBLaZuRE Registered User regular
    soozerella wrote: »
    Got my coins and they look amazing! Thanks so much for all your work, SkeleVader!

I do have one (probably dumb) question, though: anyone have any tips for prying them out of these plastic cases? I feel like a dope, but I absolutely cannot get these things open.

Edit: Okay, I went to work with some pliers and a hair clip and got them out of there. The hair clip will never be the same, however…

I just cupped the case in my right hand and kindof "banged" it against my left (kindof like clapping, but with cupped hands if that makes sense?). After a few times, it came out of the case.

Anyways, here's a photo of one on a shiny gold display stand. They look awesome!:

7e8e6vy27jxr.jpg

PAX West 2017 Checklist:
    [X] Order Badges [X] Hotel [ X ] Flight [ X ] Time Off [ X ] Bobcat [ . ] Office Set [ . ] Challenge Coin [ . ] Sanity

yQb8WN6.png
  • Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Got my coins, why is there a sticker on the coin case? and why is there packaging tape connecting all the coins i got together on top of the stickers? the packaging tape just tears bits of the sticker off the case...

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I agree the packing was not thought out completely. I had the same questions when I got mine.
    The idea was good, as when I got my package there was a hole in the side that would have let coins fall out if they were not all taped together, but the taping could have been executed better.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    skitterbugskitterbug Registered User regular
    I got mine yesterday. They look amazing, thank you so much!! X3

*~o(^.^)o~*
  • Options
    AtallaAtalla Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Coins made it to Alaska!!! Woohoo! And they are awesome, thanks again for organizing this and all!

Atalla on
  • Options
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    I agree the packing was not thought out completely. I had the same questions when I got mine.
    The idea was good, as when I got my package there was a hole in the side that would have let coins fall out if they were not all taped together, but the taping could have been executed better.

I agree. One of my cases was cracked and the tape/stickiness is a little awkward, but I won't hold that against them; my envelope looked like it had been a quite a journey. Maybe an envelope the size that our badges came in would be better for next year? I think Seran wrap + tape would be better as well. All minor and still totally worth it.

PAX West 2017 Checklist:
    [X] Order Badges [X] Hotel [ X ] Flight [ X ] Time Off [ X ] Bobcat [ . ] Office Set [ . ] Challenge Coin [ . ] Sanity

yQb8WN6.png
  • Options
    madtygermadtyger Lover of Bricks Side 3Registered User regular
    Just got mine and and it looks amazing!

• Options
    AractorAractor Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Got my coin, and glad to hear I wasn't the only one with packaging problems. I couldn't believe when this GIANT envelope arrived with a ziplock baggy tapped to the front of it, really bizarre but it got the job done.

Attended: Prime 2011, Prime 2012, Prime 13, Prime 2014
    Enforced: West 2015, West 2016
    76561197962492129.png
  • Options
    I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    Got my coin. They look good but I am not a fan of having to remove the sticker. I would gladly pay a few bucks more to be able to see both sides of my coin.

ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    Got mine today! They look more amazing than I thought they would. They get better each year. Thanks @SkeleVader‌!

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    I called and confirmed mine has arrived and is awaiting pick up! My travel compatriots will be SO jealous when I get it tomorrow...

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Options
    bloatedhippobloatedhippo Registered User regular
    The coin is fantastic! Thanks!

• Options
    AboutLastNightAboutLastNight Whitney Registered User regular
    I wasn't able to find any info in the thread, but will anyone have extras at Prime? My friend would like one, and I'm not willing to part with mine!

• Options
    I wasn't able to find any info in the thread, but will anyone have extras at Prime? My friend would like one, and I'm not willing to part with mine!

You can still order one, it just won't get to you before Prime. Look at the OP for details.

PAX West 2017 Checklist:

yQb8WN6.png
  • Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    I will not have any extra for this year as you can still order them until PAX is over, but I did find a few extra from last year. If anyone is interested just let me know.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    ThornkinThornkin Registered User regular
    The coin looks really great (as always). Thanks SkeleVader. Your work is very appreciated here.

• Options
    Orders for the challenge coin are now closed. A big thank you to all those who helped & participated. It was another great coin.
    If you would like to be notified when we start working on the next Prime coin please fill out this survey: Pax Prime 2015 Challenge Coin Notice Sign Up

At Pax this year I got about $50 in donations to put towards the die fee for next year, and a few promises to donate once the link goes up. You all have been great, can't wait to do it again.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Dang it in totally forgot to order my challenge coin. This is the first one I missed. Does anyone happen to have an extra they could sell/trade me? I have an extra one from East this year.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    punzie wrote: »
    Dang it in totally forgot to order my challenge coin. This is the first one I missed. Does anyone happen to have an extra they could sell/trade me? I have an extra one from East this year.
    I've got an extra one if you need it, @punzie‌

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    Sammy.SamSammy.Sam Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I forgot to get an order in for this year's coin as well, if anyone has an extra they'd sell I'd appreciate it. I can also trade, I *think* I have extras of all 3 previous Prime coins if anyone missed a year like I just did.

Edit - It looks like I only have Prime 2011, 2012, and 2013 coins to trade.

Sammy.Sam on