Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Pax Prime 3rd Party Cheat Sheet

2»

Posts

  • DuckieDuckie Squirrel Squad Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Bahahaha @Fitzchivalry‌! But we had fun on the podcast and there were times where my attempts were worse than yours :P

    Pinny Pals Lanyard | I make things!!

    [X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
    Fitzchivalry
  • brettness37brettness37 Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular

    Sony Order 1886 drop varies. It was 1/4 Fri and most of Saturday, it changed through the course of Saturday and was supposedly 1/20 by 1pm today as they ran low.

  • ericleoneericleone Connecticut, USARegistered User regular
    Sony Order 1886 drop varies. It was 1/4 Fri and most of Saturday, it changed through the course of Saturday and was supposedly 1/20 by 1pm today as they ran low.

    That's exactly the opposite of what I was hoping would happen. :(
    At least I only need 3 more pins.

  • FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I was watching very closely as I played the demo... I observed about 30 guys walk out with a white shirt (no pin), and then 2 girls in a row with the Gold shirt & Pin. I ran out and spoke to both of them, and neither of them even knew about the pin trading. Thanks Sony Staffers!

    That distribution method just really sours me. Here you have pin collectors wasting hours of their con trying to get a pin, and others who don't care about the pin are just handed them. Not cool.

    As annoying as Ubisoft's Passport thing was, it at least rewarded you with a guaranteed pin for your efforts.

    Frostbyte on
    darkinferofishfishmonkeyhat
  • QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    I've always wanted a sweet pair of sweater puppies, this just makes me want the more.

    Frostbyte
  • Sammy.SamSammy.Sam Registered User regular
    In defense of the Sony staff, they weren't exclusively giving the pins to girls, but their distribution was 100% subjective. They gave you a pin if you had a sweet mustache, or if you drew a mustache sweet enough to make them laugh. I'd imagine they even gave out a pin if they were too lazy to reach for a white shirt and a gold shirt was closer on the pile.

    So yeah, their distribution method was to basically force you to supplicate yourself at their feet and if you were judged not wholly wretched, they would deign to favor your pleb hands with a pin. Or just go through the 2 hour line and leave your destiny to the often cruel wheel of fortune.

  • darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    Frostbyte wrote: »
    I was watching very closely as I played the demo... I observed about 30 guys walk out with a white shirt (no pin), and then 2 girls in a row with the Gold shirt & Pin. I ran out and spoke to both of them, and neither of them even knew about the pin trading. Thanks Sony Staffers!

    That distribution method just really sours me. Here you have pin collectors wasting hours of their con trying to get a pin, and others who don't care about the pin are just handed them. Not cool.

    As annoying as Ubisoft's Passport thing was, it at least rewarded you with a guaranteed pin for your efforts.
    The other days as I tried to get the next level pin they wouldn't give me a passport. They told me I had to wait till later. Being my time was limited it was hard. I had to trade for my next level pins.
    Another thing I notice which made me very unhappy was a ubisoft rep came to me on Monday telling asking to make trades for next level. She was been super forceful to get my 10 year prime pin and letting me know they're going on ebay for 100 dollars. They only made 1,000 next level pins and she said she shipped about 250 of them.
    I'm all about vendors telling me something is super rare and limited but don't make it un fair for pin traders. I think magic did a great job with trading.

    My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
    Konig Wolf
  • Sammy.SamSammy.Sam Registered User regular
    Here's the thing about the next level pin...it is super ugly. Even if they only made 1,000 of them like they claim (I wouldn't put it past their staff to lie or stretch the truth on that), their pin is only going to appeal to gotta catch 'em all collectors, or as a novelty some day when the pool of available designs reaches a certain level of bloat. Seriously, at some point new collectors will realize that they don't want everything, so they'll start defining focuses for their collections. At that point, no one is going to want a stupid looking Tron X.

    As a side note, it took me all weekend to figure out what "The Next Level" was. Seriously, if you're going to commentate on a heads up Tetris competition, it's hard to assume you have any credibility when you keep referring to the 1x4's as "long cyane" blocks and refuse to scream "Tetris!!!!" like a Brazillian sportscaster whenever anyone actually accomplishes that feat.

  • QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    The Next Level pin was the only one that I cheated on. One lady I flat out lied to, all the others I just asked nicely for them to stamp my passport and gave them the puppy dog eyes. Took me about 15 minutes.

    As far as The Order went, the first day I went to get in line, the line was capped. I asked the staff if he would trade his pin since I was in a rush to try and knock everything out on day one. He said yes, traded the pin. Went back on day three, managed to get in line despite the "line to get into the line" stampeding after they let it open. Got to play the game, guy asked my shirt size, Men's Large, he peels back the pile and about 4 shirts down I see the gold one. He drops the top one on the floor and I point to the gold one and ask "can I have that one?" "Sure, I haven't given one out in a while, here ya go". Then, on Tuesday sitting in the airport on the way home, I ran into another staff member and he gave me a pin since I was hefting around my "Pinny Arcade Authorized Pin Dealer" sign.

  • AjaxonAjaxon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Sammy.Sam wrote: »
    As a side note, it took me all weekend to figure out what "The Next Level" was.

    I still have no idea.

  • Sammy.SamSammy.Sam Registered User regular
    I mean the exhibitors can do what they want, but my hope in the future is that people don't follow Sony's example with this distribution model. It's like their manager told the booth staff "hey, only give the pins out to attendees with that certain je ne sais quoi".

    Personally, if you have really brought that few promotional items to the convention, then I'm a fan of a wheel of fortune that you spin at the end of the demo like with Defense Grid 2 and Windborne last year. At least then it's a random distribution and not a subjective distribution pretending to be a random distribution.

    Or just be totally honest and say "we're giving pins out if we like the cut of your jib, if you don't like it go see someone else's exhibit". Obfuscation tends to be what upsets people the most (myself included).

  • QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    Sammy.Sam wrote: »
    I mean the exhibitors can do what they want, but my hope in the future is that people don't follow Sony's example with this distribution model. It's like their manager told the booth staff "hey, only give the pins out to attendees with that certain je ne sais quoi".

    Personally, if you have really brought that few promotional items to the convention, then I'm a fan of a wheel of fortune that you spin at the end of the demo like with Defense Grid 2 and Windborne last year. At least then it's a random distribution and not a subjective distribution pretending to be a random distribution.

    Or just be totally honest and say "we're giving pins out if we like the cut of your jib, if you don't like it go see someone else's exhibit". Obfuscation tends to be what upsets people the most (myself included).

    Double points for "je ne sais quoi", triple word score for obfuscation.

    Duckie
2»
Sign In or Register to comment.