As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Runnie's Replace's WHUMP! COMAK Thread

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    2014-09-08-Lets-Taco-Bout-It.jpg

tumblr_mjfja3vQEj1qgmrilo1_500.png

b1ehrMM.gif
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    I had the VHS...

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    TrippyJing wrote: »

So wait...

I assumed this was a clever edit (that perhaps it used to say "love" instead of "tacos"?)... But this is the actual quote from an actual anime?? :o

El Skid on
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    If the only thing you eat is tacos, it's technically a true statement!

• ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    El Skid wrote: »
    TrippyJing wrote: »

So wait...

I assumed this was a clever edit (that perhaps it used to say "love" instead of "tacos"?)... But this is the actual quote from an actual anime?? :o

Yup, it's about a Mahjong Club and everyone has anime bullshit that helps them magically win mahjong games.

That one girl constantly needs tacos.

Thetheroo on
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Now that's an anime character I can relate to.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    danger danger will robinson

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Every time I drive home from work or school (both are in the same area), I drive past a Taco Bell.

It's a constant struggle to not just stop there and get four soft tacos for dinner every single night.

• HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    Well, since this is going to be locked soon for both page limit reasons and other, I just want to say once again thank you all for being so kind as to spend time in a place that celebrates my work

I can't express enough my gratitude for the people who make Whomp! possible. I don't always make solid comics, but I appreciate each and every one of you who sticks around during the cruddy ones for when the next decent one will show up

The future of Whomp! is uncertain. I want to do it as long as possible, but I don't want to drive it into the ground. I have another project I've talked about ad nauseum that needs to happen, but as long as I have an awkward life, Whomp! will continue to exist in some form

Thank you again. Each of you is a blessing, and you're a big reason for why I get out of bed in the morning

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    ilu ronnie.

e: I look forward to your comic updates more than I do others.

Kaplar on
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    Well, since this is going to be locked soon for both page limit reasons and other, I just want to say once again thank you all for being so kind as to spend time in a place that celebrates my work

I can't express enough my gratitude for the people who make Whomp! possible. I don't always make solid comics, but I appreciate each and every one of you who sticks around during the cruddy ones for when the next decent one will show up

The future of Whomp! is uncertain. I want to do it as long as possible, but I don't want to drive it into the ground. I have another project I've talked about ad nauseum that needs to happen, but as long as I have an awkward life, Whomp! will continue to exist in some form

Thank you again. Each of you is a blessing, and you're a big reason for why I get out of bed in the morning

Fart.

2013-12-06-Divine-Improvisation.jpg

Thumbs up, man.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Ronnie, I hope that even once you've moved on to bigger and better things you still come back with the occasional Whomp! I find it relatable and enjoyable on a personal level that few other comics achieve. I can guarantee you that even if you abandon regular updates I'll still check every Monday Wednesday and Friday for the occasional treat of a new Whomp!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    i know there are precious few posts left in this thread, so i just want to pile on to the praise that's already here: Ronnie, your work is awesome, and i look forward to whatever it is you do next. i even promise to not be a typical internet goon and maybe not complain much about change!

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    If the only thing you eat is tacos, it's technically a true statement!
    If the only thing you eat are tacos, than "Human Form" may be stretching the truth somewhat.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need a taco.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Ronnie;

This entire farewell ballyhoo makes it seem like the ending of a movie where you're an alien who has to return home, but in the fold has taught us about ourselves, about love, about nugs, and Christmas, I guess. We all stand at the edge of a hill and wave as the light brings you up into the sky, and you board the ship and take off into the cosmos.

Your comic is all kinds of great, as are you.

Safe travels, and I'll annoy you in other threads, I'm sure.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
    medetashi medetashi

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    T ronnie-chan

6698965_10464180_lz.jpg

fear leads to anger
    anger leads to hate
    hate leads to self-loathing
    self-loathing leads to the 50-piece when you know you're gonna be barfy by piece 24

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Well, I decided to read Whomp! just a little while ago and read some of this thread to get the gist of it.

Ronnie, you are a bad artist and should feel bad about yourself for bothering to draw such bad jokes.

(the only part of this that was true was that I finally started reading Whomp! EDIT: Also, you have an awesome first name! :D )

chromdom on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    goodbye ronnie
    it's been nice
    hope you find your
    paradiiiiiise

i have a confession to make

every whomp is based solely on dreams i have as a result of watching this video on loop 16 hours a day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU9lv_WqK6k

I thought your confession was going to be this whole time your name is actually richard

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

One sentence in this started playing in my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSQ3T71K3j4

I'm pretty sure it's a sign I have a brain tumor.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I sure hope there is going to be a Whump! thread after this one in which we can discuss Romney's continuing exploits

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    We love you Ronnie-kun/chan/san/whatever the otaku are saying these days.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    usually you call an artist '-sensei'

so call me '-tan'

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Ronnie

Jā matane soshite subete no sakana o arigatō

Translators note: So long and thanks for all the fish

DarkPrimus on
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    usually you call an artist '-sensei'I

so call me '-tan'

Ronnnie-chin

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    i have a confession to make

every whomp is based solely on dreams i have as a result of watching this video on loop 16 hours a day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU9lv_WqK6k

purenightmarefuel.

I will miss you, whomp thread. I'm gonna go pour out a twenty of nugs in your honor.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Runnie, will there be another thread after this one at some point, do you think? Where will I go for my discussion about nugs?

I I'm scared. Somebody hold me

JtgVX0H.png
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    start a nug thread.

Tube has said it would be okay to have another, but I'll be honest, I'd be happier if it took a little bit of a break

But this is a thread for you guys and for Whomp!. I am just lucky to be a part of both those things

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    That's understandable. At least we can still talk about your comic over in the webcomic thread so not all is lost

JtgVX0H.png
    tynic wrote: »
    start a nug thread.

Best idea

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Careful, Geth is listening.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

Ronnie-kun start a fast food/chikky nugs thread

I need to go somewhere and talk about the biscuit taco

Or about how awesome mighty wings were

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I want to talk about fries, why they all suck now, which ones are the best, and alternatives for the places where the fries are very not good

This discussion has been closed.