As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Eyes up, Guardians. Our adventure begins!

19495969798100»

• BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    You guys are killing me here. I'm going to be up all night trying to catch up!

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Alright, all installed and set up on the XB1, joined the clan, did the first two tutorial missions.
    Are there any other rewards for having participated in the beta besides the emblem?

Knowledge, outside of that, no.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Anybody located the Armor Shaders from the codes yet? Didn't have them in the mail or in the special pick up vendor.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
    I did not, I did get 3 of the ghost skins, which was weird.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »
    Anybody located the Armor Shaders from the codes yet? Didn't have them in the mail or in the special pick up vendor.

If you went into bungi.net and clicked to activate them all, then they should show up in the mail. If not, then I'm not sure.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • MarikirMarikir Registered User regular

Did you redeem them on the bungie site?

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
    Preacher wrote: »

I think that is so you can put two into your "chest" to give to your future selves/other characters.

I still haven't gotten my ghost, ship, or sparrow skin.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I have 3 shaders but they're all level 20 and I am only 12

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I did get 3 ghost skins, hopefully that wasnt meant to be "redeem one on each character"

So strikes... make sure your gear is around the level as the strike, that's really important.

steam_sig.png
    I redeemed the codes on the bungie site (where you copy/paste etc) but not sure if I "activated" them if there was more to it than that. I also haven't seen any Ghost shells, ship skins etc. In fact I forgot I even got those with the digital guardian edition

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I redeemed the codes on the bungie site (where you copy/paste etc) but not sure if I "activated" them if there was more to it than that. I also haven't seen any Ghost shells, ship skins etc. In fact I forgot I even got those with the digital guardian edition

the digital guardian stuff you have to go to the ps4 menu. under destiny there will be new things there that you can activate, this adds the expansion liscence and the limited edition liscence. then restart your game.

steam_sig.png
    Marikir wrote: »

I think that is so you can put two into your "chest" to give to your future selves/other characters.

@Marikir‌ If you're on PS4 and went Digital, you're going to have to go into the Related Items section for Destiny on your dash, and download the Collector's Edition add-on.

edited September 2014
    I grabbed the PS3 version so I can get one for my PS4 as well when it pops up tomorrow. Any specific instructions for getting it to show up on PS3?

Edit: Also, thanks everyone for the quick replies

squall99x on
    oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    It seems bungie.net is melting into a puddle of molten liquid servers at the moment, I can't enter any codes at all.
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Alright, all installed and set up on the XB1, joined the clan, did the first two tutorial missions.
    Are there any other rewards for having participated in the beta besides the emblem?

Knowledge, outside of that, no.
    Ah. Was hoping for something more, but oh well.

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
    I did get my bad ass ship skin, which is hella sweet looking.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Hmm...you know how the beta (and alpha) never showed any signs of lag and other online problems?

Just had a horrible attack of it in Explore mode. I almost have to suspect it was somebody playing standby button games which is really really sad.

Perhaps it's just launch day server craziness though.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    Hmm...you know how the beta (and alpha) never showed any signs of lag and other online problems?

Just had a horrible attack of it in Explore mode. I almost have to suspect it was somebody playing standby button games which is really really sad.

Standby button games?

Possibly launch day server jitters I tried to sign in to bungies site a second ago and it was down temporarily.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited September 2014
    InkSplat wrote: »

Standby button games?

Where if you're the one who's hosting a game you push the standby button on your modem so you act and everybody else stands still. I wouldn't think this should be easy to do in the shared areas but the behavior I had sure felt like it. Shots connecting but giving no damage, all the enemies completely ignored me, I got zero drops (not even ammo) and only really melee, grenades and supers did damage.

Actually, given the drops thing I really hope it's the connection to bungie's side because it would be a horrible idea to have other clients loot determined by one console host.

Edit: For example I'd shoot a guy, his health would drop....then go back up a second later when something synched. The headshot "burst" would lag seconds behind the guy dropping, that sort of thing.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular

Standby button games?

Some routers have a 'standby' button that temporarily suspends your internet. People abused this in Halo 2 and other P2P games to gain an unfair host advantage.

Nah sounds like a lag spike, I had similar behavior happen in a crucible map right before I got kicked.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Nah sounds like a lag spike, I had similar behavior happen in a crucible map right before I got kicked.

This went on for at least 5 minutes. I was gonna go back to my ship but a public event started and I didn't want to miss it since they can be hard to find.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    FALSE ALARM EVERYONE! ALL IS WELL!

mp6pjkqv9d74.jpg

Also, I will be drinking tonight!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    The Defender bubble is pretty boss.

I just stood and watched a spider tank launch 3 missile volleys to no effect.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

that would make sense, which makes it all the stranger that i only got 2 ghost skins. :\

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    This is not a P2P game, so that kind of BS doesn't work in Destiny. This is a pure client/server game, you are always connected to a server.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Oh! Page 100! Just realized. I'll make a new thread.

Also, groups/clans are currently disabled, per Bungie.net. They must be having some serious technical issues on that front. Never actually seen a "disabled" message on the site.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Ooh boy, it might be time to stop doing the hard version of missions when I'm several levels below the recommended threshold. It's been getting out of hand both solo and with a partner on Venus.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    New thread is up. Let's blow this lemonade stand. Glory to the beautiful OP.

*mic drop*

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • mFiendmFiend l33t quarkscooper America's HatRegistered User regular
    Ooh boy, it might be time to stop doing the hard version of missions when I'm several levels below the recommended threshold. It's been getting out of hand both solo and with a partner on Venus.

I just did a few missions while I was a couple of levels above the hard level recommendation and it still challenged me a bit.

PS4: mFiend

@Marikir‌ If you're on PS4 and went Digital, you're going to have to go into the Related Items section for Destiny on your dash, and download the Collector's Edition add-on.
    PS3 version. I did go digital also.

I haven't even tried a hard mission. That sounds scary!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AchireAchire Isn't life disappointing? Yes, it is. Registered User regular
    Won a game in the crucible but didn't get any marks or reputation. I left after the game ended, is it possible I did that too early or?

• DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    I could be wrong, but there seems to be some elasticity with the enemies' levels relative to your own; I just entered the Level 3/4 ish patrol for the Russia levels as a level 8 character to clear out some bounties, and I found myself completing some missions with plenty of level 8 enemies.

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    New Thread Link

You're welcome.

26904.png
This discussion has been closed.