As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Onward, Guardians! Into the Vault of Glass!

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
edited September 2014 in Games and Technology
We called it the Traveler, and its arrival changed us forever. Great cities were built on Mars and Venus; Mercury became a garden world. Human lifespan tripled. It was a time of miracles. We stared out at the galaxy and knew that it was our Destiny to walk in the light of other stars.

But the Traveler had an enemy. A Darkness - which had hunted it for eons, across the black gulfs of space, centuries after our Golden Age began. This Darkness... found us. And that was the end of everything.

That is, until Peter Dinklage found you, Guardian!

7wqy627to2qz.jpg

Destiny: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy *deep breath* first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 and the first title in a proposed 10-year, zillion-dollar franchise from Bungie and Activision. It’s MMO-like – think gear, skill trees, leveling up, and party play – with an emphasis on exploration and discovery.

The game is set in our own solar system, 700 years in the future, following a prosperous period of exploration and colonization ushered in by the arrival of the “Traveler,” a mysterious celestial body (pictured above). The Golden Age came to an abrupt end as a result of a momentous event called “the Collapse,” a calamity that wiped out human colonies everywhere, and as our story begins, humanity has retreated to the Last City on Earth, our shared home and the launching point for our journey back to the stars.

The Traveler watches over the Last City, and it is recruiting heroes from Earth to help protect our doomed planet, but the Darkness that hunts it is descending upon us. We must fight back against that Darkness, Guardians. We must suit up and set out - to the Moon and the planets beyond. We are humanity’s last hope.

So join up! We have clans on both systems!

We've assembled a Bungie.net group - and within that group, a PlayStation clan and an Xbox clan - so that PA G&Ters can play together. We'll be running Strikes (instances) and Raids and hitting up the Crucible (PvP) in huge fireteams!

Edit (9/10/14): Pax Arcadia has hit the 100-player cap on the PlayStation side (Xbox side still has openings). If you are on PS4 and are looking to join up, you need to request membership in Pax Arcadia II, but I would encourage everyone to also join regular Pax Arcadia, in case Bungie raises or removes the cap in the future. See instructions below.

To join:
1. Send @GMaster7 (on the PS side) or @ObiFett (on the Xbox side) - or preferably, both - a PM, letting us know that you're applying.
2. Hit up the Bungie.net group for Pax Arcadia (right here, at this link) and apply for membership, then hit up the group for Pax Arcadia II if you're on PS4 (right here) and apply for membership.
3. Add yourself to the Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster that we've created to keep track of membership. Use the tabs at the bottom to select your console, and put yourself at the bottom of your tab's list. We'll bump you up to your proper alphabetical placement once you're in the group.
4. When we get your PM and see that you're on the spreadsheet, we'll accept you to the group(s). Then, you have to separately join your system's clan - so click "Set as PlayStation Clan" in Pax Arcadia II's banner if you're on PS3/PS4 or "Set as Xbox Clan" in Pax Arcadia's banner if you're on 360/XB1 to officially add yourself to the clan roster. (Note: This only works after you've played the game on your system for the first time.)
5. Friend some PAers, hop online, and take to the skies in the name of Pax Arcadia!

Also: pre-release codes to pimp yourself out with emblems and shaders!
Courtesy of @Beltaine: Although we don't know what these codes really do, they were collectible in the alpha and you might as well take a few minutes and redeem them at http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption to see what kind of benefit they eventually confer. They're grimoire-related, I think.
Warlock: YKA-RJG-MH9
Hunter: 3DA-P4X-F6A
Titan: MVD-4N3-NKH
Rixis: TCN-HCD-TGY
Old-Russia: HDX-ALM-V4K
Hive: 473-MXR-3X9
Moon: JMR-LFN-4A3
Gjallorhorn: HC3-H44-DKC
Duke MK.44: 69P-KRM-JJA
The Tower: 69P-VCH-337
The Hive: 69R-CKD-X7L
Valley of the kings, Mars: 69R-DDD-FCP
The Fallen: 69R-F99-AXG
Red Death: 69R-VL7-J6A
The Cabal: 69X-DJN-74V
The Devastated Coast, Venus: 6A7-7NP-3X7
Vex Minotaur: 6A9-DTG-YGN

Additional code from the Destiny Planet View website, which unlocks an exclusive emblem: 7F9-767-F74

Additional codes from the Limited Edition:
FJ9-LAM-67F
JD7-4CM-HJG
JDT-NLC-JKM
JNX-DMH-XLA
7CP-94V-LFP

Still more codes!
7MM-VPD-MHP - Shader: Double Banshee
RXC-9XJ-4MH - Shader: Oracle 99
X4C-FGX-MX3 (new on launch day)

New 9/13 (Emblems):
X9F-GMA-H6D
N3L-XN6-PXF
A7L-FYC-44X

And finally:

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
GMaster7 on

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Less than an hour to go and then DESTINY!!!!!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    This game is fun. Once I get my little one down, it's time for the strike and then... To the moon.

XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    What the hell am I going to do with this huge ass gray box?

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Electrical short at work, fried electrical circuit to server room, fixed problem, going to go home on time. THE UNIVERSE CANNOT STOP ME FROM GETTING HOME AND PLAYING THIS GAME DAMNIT!

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    Houn wrote: »
    What the hell am I going to do with this huge ass gray box?

Keep you skulls in it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I'm hopping on right now. Going to begin the Venus story arc. As always, feel free to jump in and play with me. I'm level 11, I think.

Don't know if it's at all realistic, but I hope I can hit level 18 tonight so I can jump into the Crucible and earn some marks. It's going to be a brave new world, what with all of the crazy higher-level abilities.

@OptimusZed, I'd love to do some PvP with you and see what the Defender is all about. Let me know.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • BruanBruan Registered User regular
    Jumping on the bandwagon! I got this on PS3 last night and had a blast. It's hard to find people to play multiplayer though; i'm living in korea.

How do you guys get the preorder bonuses?

Playstation: Anthai (Destiny)
    WiiU: jooncole (Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate)
    3DS: 2122-5983-8919
  • Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    After I eat I'm gonna hop back in, maybe some crucible for a change of pace.

Or I'll just party up with @GMaster7‌ again, who knows.

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Damnit Jet pack gorilla, I got codes!

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • NerfThatManNerfThatMan Registered User regular
    Just hit 15 while waiting for a friend to log in, gonna try out Bladedancer.

PSN: corporateshill
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    About to start things out from the Tower.

Tried to (re)join the Xbox Clan, but Bungie.net says Groups are disabled. How I mine clan?

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • dantreedantree Registered User regular
    Ok, so it turns out I preordered the game a few month ago, yay for drinking and online shopping! I am just not sure if the game is up my alley. I am not a huge fan of traditional shooters like COD and the like, but I love Borderlands, on which side of the coin does Destiny lie?

psn: dantree
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    What do we know about these strike playlists and who wants to punch them with me?

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    dantree wrote: »
    Ok, so it turns out I preordered the game a few month ago, yay for drinking and online shopping! I am just not sure if the game is up my alley. I am not a huge fan of traditional shooters like COD and the like, but I love Borderlands, on which side of the coin does Destiny lie?

Phantasy Star Online except with shooting instead of third person action.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

Borderlands by far, with a packet of Halo flavoring thrown in. Can't speak to the PVP part much, but the rest of it isn't CODy at all.

• MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    InkSplat wrote: »
    Marikir wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I did not, I did get 3 of the ghost skins, which was weird.

I think that is so you can put two into your "chest" to give to your future selves/other characters.

I still haven't gotten my ghost, ship, or sparrow skin.

@Marikir‌ If you're on PS4 and went Digital, you're going to have to go into the Related Items section for Destiny on your dash, and download the Collector's Edition add-on.
    PS3 version. I did go digital also.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
    Also; full auto shotguns are a thing. This is excellent/terrible news.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    Darlan wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but there seems to be some elasticity with the enemies' levels relative to your own; I just entered the Level 3/4 ish patrol for the Russia levels as a level 8 character to clear out some bounties, and I found myself completing some missions with plenty of level 8 enemies.

You can enter the explore area at level 4, you can get missions with enemies up to level 8, I know I did once when I was level 4.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    @Darlan: In response to your comment in the old thread, there are level 8 and 9 enemies in Old Russia Explore Mode even if you're level 4. The levels of enemies in the explore mode don't change based on yours.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »

Borderlands by far, with a packet of Halo flavoring thrown in. Can't speak to the PVP part much, but the rest of it isn't CODy at all.

The PvP I would say leans a touch towards CoD, at least relative to Halo, because Time To Kill is much lower than Halo, though not nearly as low as CoD.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    When you unlock the subclass, do you start with its basic skills or do you have to unlock everything one at a time just like 1-6?

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
    I so want to explore the tunnels under russia, but even at 8 that shit is ??? I WILL DISCOVER YOU CAVES!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Yay!!! new thread!!

no doubt lots of stuff got buried in the old thread with the explosion of posts leading up to and during launch day. but worry not, because here in one handy post is Wraith260's patented Dos and Don'ts of Titan Smashing!

it's pretty basic really. Don't do this:

http://youtu.be/yKRlFKaaVpE
    there is an upgrade for Titan's that allows them to aim their smash after jumping. i have not unlocked this yet. obviously.

Do try more for this:

http://youtu.be/3O-ENl-ONmk

DISCLAIMER:Wraith260's patented Dos and Don'ts may be hazardous to your health, do not take orally, if you suffer any side-effects consult a physician immediately. Wraith260 is not responsible for the death of your Guardian.
    Bonus Round!! here's a vid of me dancing.

http://youtu.be/3tTrOxkiiwM

• nusunusu Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to titan smashing off a cliff :)

• InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    I have Nova Bombed myself in the face so many times today. I aim near a pillar, and then it goes into 3rd person mode and smashed right into it. Definitely need to make sure I give myself more clearance to the right, ha.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
    When you unlock the subclass, do you start with its basic skills or do you have to unlock everything one at a time just like 1-6?
    You start all the way over. No grenades, even.

nusu wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to titan smashing off a cliff :)

its the ghost just hovering there after i've died, looking around and blinking away as if it's thinking to itself 'What the fuck was that about?' that really makes it. i can't almost hear Dinklbot lamenting now, 'I brought you back from the dead for this?'.

• HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    OMG YOU GUYS, work day finally over. Super excited to go home and.. take care of my baby instead of playing destiny.

stupid procreation

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    Dinklage bot I'm sure has seen things you wouldn't believe. Like I was throwing an incediary grenade down on some fallen except I bounced it and blew it up at my own feet, so that I had to leap down to the fallen below. I'm sure that was entertaining.

"Did you hear something?"

"Sounded like a grenade, AHHHHHHH HUNTER ON FIRE WHY IS SHE ON FIRE?!"

pleasepaypreacher.net
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    You start all the way over. No grenades, even.

This is why you make sure you have a couple of bounties ready to turn in when you unlock and switch to the 2nd subclass, lots of XP to get you a few of the skills unlocked.

• NerfThatManNerfThatMan Registered User regular
    Yeah adjusting to not having a double jump for a bit was harsh.

Not saying I jumped down a chasm, forgetting I couldn't double jump. That didn't happen.

PSN: corporateshill
    also another tip, though i neglected to record these instances, you can kill yourself with rockets. especially if a team mate walks in front of your shot causing you to shoot him in the back of the head. not that i'm naming any names *cough*@Local H Jay*cough*.

so yeah, be careful with the rocket propelled, explosive ordinance.

Yeah adjusting to not having a double jump for a bit was harsh.

Not saying I jumped down a chasm, forgetting I couldn't double jump. That didn't happen.

I'm glad you guys are the people telling us this stuff so I know to hold off on going tiny blade dancer until I've got a bounty or three in reserve.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    We should have a clan hijinx video channel or something.

• AchireAchire Isn't life disappointing? Yes, it is. Registered User regular
    I was wondering why I wasn't getting any crucible marks. Turns out you're only supposed to get them after lvl18. From the patch notes:
    "Vanguard and Crucible Marks are now accruable beginning at Level 18."

But you can get crucible rep before hand.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    nusu wrote: »
    We should have a clan hijinx video channel or something.

It would be hilarious to do it up like a fall out style 50's how to video.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Any 360 players looking to do lowbie stuff should look me up.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Having tons of fun with this game. Bought a PS4 white edition and played like 10 hours today.

Between this and Warframe on PC, my grind shall be forever

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    i'm going to start through the game in a bit - just taking the tower tutorial now. does anyone want to play through story mode together? i don't want to play solo :( send me an invite, ps4

fwKS7.png?1
This discussion has been closed.