As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Onward, Guardians! Into the Vault of Glass!

• BruanBruan Registered User regular
    Are there any overseas players in the clan? Im in Korea.

Playstation: Anthai (Destiny)
    WiiU: jooncole (Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate)
    3DS: 2122-5983-8919
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Ok, my favorite part of the Defender hasn't really gotten much press; your cooldown melee gives you barriers on top of your shields.

I'm so goddamn tough.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • VazusVazus Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Ok, my favorite part of the Defender hasn't really gotten much press; your cooldown melee gives you barriers on top of your shields.

I'm so goddamn tough.

I'm wondering how level 20 pvp is going to work out (e.g. how are other classes going to do sufficient damage to actually kill a titan)?

• SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Man, if you're solo, these moon missions are not fucking around.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Also, is there an option somewhere that let's me turn on voice chat? I keep seeing little [...]'s over people's head, which I assume means they're speaking, but I can't hear 'em.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    Work's done, hopping on now.

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    So I got to a boss on the moon. The level 8 mission that needs a team.
    Either we are doing something wrong or this fight is really stupid and making me consider trading the game in. We've been fighting it for an hour and a half if not longer.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    Anyone wanna do the last array?

• DacDac Registered User regular
    Moon stuff
    Okay, that segment with the sword was the most fun ever. Even though it was a little sad that, as soon as I saw how much tracking it had, I knew I wasn't going to be able to keep it.

But wow, yeah, super fun! I want a melee weapon like that, now.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    Drop rates are either increasing with level or they're messing with the servers. I'm swimming in greens all of a sudden.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    Anyone who has gotten the golden chests. Do they spawn in any play mode, or do you have to be doing story or patrol?

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Stragint wrote: »
    So I got to a boss on the moon. The level 8 mission that needs a team.
    Either we are doing something wrong or this fight is really stupid and making me consider trading the game in. We've been fighting it for an hour and a half if not longer.

We had a really, really tough time on that fight too - died like six times on Hard, even though we got close a few of those times. It's super-hard. Finally got it (first time) when we added a third player (with a few more levels) to our fireteam. You have to stay on the opposite side of the room as the boss's entrance door, kind of switching from side to side, as the boss can't easily shoot around the huge metal barriers. But it's rough, especially when the sword knights come out.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Out of class early! Time to best some SoCal traffic and catch up to you guys.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    I got up to level 8 last night. Did the first story mission on the moon. Need to get better gear and run the Devil's Lair.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Finally got the game turned on and installing. Should finish up just in time for me to... turn it off and figure out dinner for the wife and kids.

*sigh*

I'm going to be lucky if I even get past character creation before the weekend.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Bruan wrote: »
    Are there any overseas players in the clan? Im in Korea.

Hi. I am also in Korea. :D

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    Starting up the Venus missions if anyone wants to join me!?!

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
    Man, the lack of any ingame clan stuff is really annoying. I basically can't play with anyone co-op unless I coordinate with them outside the game. No one in game is setting their fireteam to public, or joining mine, so I guess I'll just do things solo :/. Dumb.

• FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Dusda wrote: »
    Man, the lack of any ingame clan stuff is really annoying. I basically can't play with anyone co-op unless I coordinate with them outside the game. No one in game is setting their fireteam to public, or joining mine, so I guess I'll just do things solo :/. Dumb.

most people have it set to friends only. I have most of the people in the clan on my friendlist so I can see/join them at any time.

be nice if they'd do something with clan functionality though, yeah.

Are you the magic man?
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

I'm so goddamn tough.

Sunsinger Warlocks get the same thing through their Flameshield talent so I'll get to be somewhat tanky.

It also defends you against internet arguments.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    Level 17, finally got my first Titan Mark.

And I've fully leveled my first blue weapon, just in time to find another one; a hand cannon.

It's been a good day.

Anybody looking to run a moon strike? I'm hugely over leveled for it, but I've got a bounty I need to clear.

• RobesRobes Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    So it turns out, if you were part of the "Welcome Back" campaign for PSN in 2011 due to the network outage, and you got the free month of ps+ that they gave to all members, you are unable to use the free 30 days of ps+ voucher that comes with the Destiny PS4 Limited Edition bundle. I'm currently hashing this out with a Sony CSR.

Robes on
    "Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    @Dusda If you've added people from the clan, there should be lots of people. I've been dropping in on people's games all day. Its why I'm level 8, with like 5 hours in game, and haven't done the Strike or Moon, because I see a level 2 or 3 and go "Oh! I'll help!"

Also, just realized how to easily get the "Kill 10 Hive Majors or Ultras" -->The Wizard in the Dark Within counts, I think. Cause I just did it with my friend, and it upped my count. Also, one 60dmg rocket will take care of him, which is nice.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Spaffy wrote: »

Can't say I'm loving the enforced co-op on some of these missions, but at least for soloing there's some fun to be had on Moon Patrol.

260xush.jpg

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    So my friends and I are playing the final story mission on the Moon and...
    The cutscene comes on with that mysterious lady's voice and she tells us to finish up with the Hive on the moon and then head to Venus to find her.

Me: "Venus?"

Friend 1: "Venus."

Friend 2: "Venus!"

All of us: VENUS!!!!!!!!

We are nerds and I love it lol

Can't say I'm loving the enforced co-op on some of these missions, but at least for soloing there's some fun to be had on Moon Patrol.

260xush.jpg

Its not enforced. I was watching streams yesterday of people soloing the moon with a handcannon.

So just give up focusing on story missions I want to do and help others instead? How Arcadian. I'll do that :).

Dusda wrote: »
    So just give up focusing on story missions I want to do and help others instead? How Arcadian. I'll do that :).

Or jump into people's fireteams who are just a bit behind where you want to be. You might have to step back by a mission or two, but once you get them through that, then they'll be on the mission you wanted to do anyway. I was just saying, if you look at the friend's list, there should be people pretty well scattered throughout the storyline.

And I've fully leveled my first blue weapon, just in time to find another one; a hand cannon.

It's been a good day.

Anybody looking to run a moon strike? I'm hugely over leveled for it, but I've got a bounty I need to clear.

I'm interested, @OptimusZed, if you haven't already started. Just finished dinner.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    GMaster7 wrote: »

It's been a good day.

I'm interested, @OptimusZed, if you haven't already started. Just finished dinner.
    Excellent. Shoot me an invite when you get back on.

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    InkSplat wrote: »

260xush.jpg

Its not enforced. I was watching streams yesterday of people soloing the moon with a handcannon.

I don't know if you've actually used the handcannons or not, but they are pure compressed death in a small portable case.

The buffs really helped

GMaster7 wrote: »

It's been a good day.

Excellent. Shoot me an invite when you get back on.

Okay, gimme a couple of minutes. Might have to take another break as soon as we're done, but let's do it. Anyone interested in being the third?

• SousukeSousuke Registered User regular
    I'll do the moon strike, my PSN is Volteage, still haven't got around to friending everyone

PSN: Volteage
    Moridin889 wrote: »

260xush.jpg

I don't know if you've actually used the handcannons or not, but they are pure compressed death in a small portable case.

The buffs really helped

I realize, but given how limited their ammo is, against the Hive, that can be an issue. Someone people able to solo the Moon with any weapon kind of suggests that its not enforced coop.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    So this is basically Borderlands loot progression and FPS/superpower combo + MMO raid groups+ Bungie Sci-fi design, right?

• VazusVazus Registered User regular
    I'd be game but need a bit yet.

• Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular

Okay, I overstated things a bit. Co-op isn't 'enforced,' but it's overbearingly encouraged by Bungie with the structure of these missions. I should want to play co-op because it's more fun that way, yields better loot, allows the group to tackle higher difficulties. But when friends simply are not online or are playing other games, other parts of the story, etc, the missions should not be frustrating for a single player to take on. Borderlands 2 nailed that balance.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying my time with Destiny. But that's my one real gripe so far. Well, that and, could those of us with no interest in Crucible please have some new bounties for PvE?

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
    edited September 2014

Okay, I overstated things a bit. Co-op isn't 'enforced,' but it's overbearingly encouraged by Bungie with the structure of these missions. I should want to play co-op because it's more fun that way, yields better loot, allows the group to tackle higher difficulties. But when friends simply are not online or are playing other games, other parts of the story, etc, the missions should not be frustrating for a single player to take on. Borderlands 2 nailed that balance.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying my time with Destiny. But that's my one real gripe so far. Well, that and, could those of us with no interest in Crucible please have some new bounties for PvE?

New bounties pop up every day. Half for PvE and half for PvP. You can see the timer to the next "restock" when you visit the guy.

InkSplat on
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    The amount of caffeine this game has caused me to ingest in the last 24 hours can't be healthy...

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    So this is basically Borderlands loot progression and FPS/superpower combo + MMO raid groups+ Bungie Sci-fi design, right?

Pretty much yes. I would say the loot isn't quite as complex as Borderlands, the stats are pretty simplified...but yes, overall, you're correct.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
This discussion has been closed.