As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PA Comic] Wednesday, September 10, 2014 - Face Time

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited September 2014 in The Penny Arcade Hub

image[PA Comic] Wednesday, September 10, 2014 - Face Time

Face Time

Face Time

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2014/09/10

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• RomoRomo Registered User new member
    Wow, variation of hilarity and substance really is huge in this comic.

• DoctorEarsDoctorEars Registered User regular
    This is exactly what I was thinking this morning when I was playing. Some of these helmet designs are certainly cool, but the functionality is... not there?

• RedthirstRedthirst Registered User regular
    Is it some specific game?

steam_sig.png
  • PandabearcakesPandabearcakes Registered User regular
    Redthirst wrote: »
    Is it some specific game?

It's Destiny.

• prehemencieprehemencie Registered User new member
    This guy never read Dune Messiah.

• IndoorsmanIndoorsman Registered User regular
    So he rolled an Awoken.

What's their deal? What planet are they from and why are they helping Earth?

• Finnish_LineFinnish_Line Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Mike and Jerry seem to have a system for when to end a question with a question mark or when to end with a period for maximum comedic effect, but I haven't quite cracked it yet.

Finnish_Line on
  • SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    More importantly, what's up with all the turgid nipples on his shirt?

• JackdawGinJackdawGin Engineer New YorkRegistered User regular
    Burning questions about Destiny:

"That tiny robot said I've been dead for centuries. How an I here right now?"

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Mike and Jerry seem to have a system for when to end a question with a question mark or when to end with a period for maximum comedic effect, but I haven't quite cracked it yet.

It definitely affects the tone of the line (at least to me). "How do you see?" In the first panel would be more inquisitive and less "this is fucked up"; IMO the period makes it funnier.

• OddfishOddfish On opposite weeks In odd numbered monthsRegistered User regular
    The payoff made me spit out my coffee. Well played, guys.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    JackdawGin wrote: »

29ejfap.jpg

Indoorsman wrote: »
    So he rolled an Awoken.
    What's their deal? What planet are they from and why are they helping Earth?
    Former humans who were changed by some space magic in prior generations into Awoken.

cB557 on
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    JackdawGin wrote: »

You got better.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »

It definitely affects the tone of the line (at least to me). "How do you see?" In the first panel would be more inquisitive and less "this is fucked up"; IMO the period makes it funnier.
    I dunno. I think an interrobang would be the more apt punctuation for that kind of expression.

• MrSirkMrSirk Registered User new member
    I propose that Dinklage never actually recorded any audio. He just signed a contract, got paid, and an audio intern pieced his performance together using voice clips from every movie and t.v. show he's ever been in.