As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[mlb] Fake Playoffs Now. Real Playoffs Soon.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    *ahem*

GO MARINERS!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    FUCK YOU MIKE MATHENY YOU PIECE OF SHIT I NEVER KNOW WHEN TO START TAVERAS

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Your best is to wait until an hour or so before gametime and Yahoo will show whether a particular player is starting that game. It's a bit annoying when the game times are staggered, I'll admit.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm sorry I'm having my best week in awhile Hjor. Hope it doesn't impact your team too much.

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    besides giving up home runs, my pitching has been the best its been in a while

and anytime my offense stay within range of stealing a couple of categories, that's a win for me

• Options
    edited September 2014
    jesus angels/twins got ugly, well uglier

I know they're a good team, but getting swept at home is just embarassing

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Albert Pujols is getting hot at the right time.

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    Nelson Cruz single-handedly beat the Rays today. Awesome.

Orioles' magic number is 12.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    What a great fantasy season

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Albert Pujols is getting hot at the right time.

About time he started to pretend that he's worth that contract.

And yeah I know I'm supposed to be pumped but I've been passive aggressive towards the Angels all season and it seems to be working.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Danny Salazar just streamed his way in to my heart.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Zen will lose

it might not be by me, but by someone!(maybe me)

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Angry wrote: »
    Danny Salazar just streamed his way in to my heart.

Its one pitcher, the rest of my staff of awesome can hopefully compensate. I mostly wanted his Ks.

Alt post: Welp, win some, lose some.

Goose! on
  • Options
    FYI Trevor Bauer is next on the "oh god please don't fuck up too badly and get me some strikeouts" train. Choo choo

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, I won the regular season again.

Let's see how fast I can lose in the playoffs again this year!

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Schide wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I won the regular season again.

Let's see how fast I can lose in the playoffs again this year!

My guess is in three weeks.

• Options
    The post-ASG Brewers make me sad

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Go Cards. Go Country Breakfast, AKA Big City, AKA Mt. Adams, AKA Matt Adams.

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    The post-ASG Brewers make me sad

Their collapse is pretty awful.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    After watching the Cubs center fielder misplay a flare to shallow center that leads to Adam Lind getting a triple (sidenote: how the hell does Lind have two triples this season? He's possibly the slowest non-catcher in MLB), which then snowballs into a ten-batter, five-run, two-error eighth inning, I begin to understand why people feel sorry for Cubs fans.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Ron Washington resigned citing personal reasons

that personal reason might be no longer having a world-eating lineup to mask his mismanagement of the pitching staff

i am in the camp that believes managers are really only empowered to break even or do harm, and Wash was notable for doing harm in late innings

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    411Randle wrote: »
    After watching the Cubs center fielder misplay a flare to shallow center that leads to Adam Lind getting a triple (sidenote: how the hell does Lind have two triples this season? He's possibly the slowest non-catcher in MLB), which then snowballs into a ten-batter, five-run, two-error eighth inning, I begin to understand why people feel sorry for Cubs fans.

the last time the cubs were in the playoffs the entire infield made an error

• Options

Who feels sorry for Cubs fans?

--

Unrelated note, but what the fuck happened to the A's??

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular

--

We could go on and say their insane run differential would never maintain...but man this is startling.

• Options
    regression is a bitch

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    They overvalued guys like Norris, Vogt, and Moss. They're decent hitters, but they were never going to maintain what they were doing.

Maximum on
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Also a lot of their pitchers over-performed, and it turns out Hammel and Smardzija might not have been quite as good as advertised.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular

--

This is what happens when you rely on a bunch of overperforming hitters and pitchers. At some point, they're going to regress back to the mean.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Also a lot of their pitchers over-performed, and it turns out Hammel and Smardzija might not have been quite as good as advertised.

:rotate:

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular

:rotate:

Almost like every cubs fan knew these facts.

• Options
    nah most cubs fans are stupid as evidenced by the fact that we root for the cubs

• Options
    We always accept more Yankees fans

• Options
    Nirya wrote: »

--

This is what happens when you rely on a bunch of overperforming hitters and pitchers. At some point, they're going to regress back to the mean.

Regress yes, but this is crashing back to Earth.

• Options
    the theme the playoff matchup between Zen and I, is we can't hit for power

• Options

The most horrible thing I've read all month

• Options

The most horrible thing I've read all month

Same but your posts

• Options
    edited September 2014
    fantasy prizes this year will be paid out around Thanksgiving weekend

i've been wanting to do some kind of trophy for a while and this may be is the year I can actually afford it

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Will it be as awesome as The Shiva?

• Options
    So what you're saying is that I have to try next year? Check.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
This discussion has been closed.