As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Post PAX Pin Depression

QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest MortalRegistered User regular
How're we holdin up folks? We all still here? Still going to work, bathing, functioning?

My curent plan is to get my Prime display setup and adjust my ever changing gabe and tycho set to last until Australia

How do you, my friend overcome the depression to lead into the next great thing>

• Options
    FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    I dropped over $600 on Prime for pins, so the depression only hits when I look at my bank statement.

But at least since I haven't got my pins sent over yet from my pinpal, I can look forward to getting to see them for the first time! :)

• Options
    FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    It helps knowing I'll be at PAX again in just 4 months. In the meantime we have the AUS pins to look forward to, and I personally will be attending BoardGameGeek.Con in Dallas TX in November.

• Options
    BrewtiConBrewtiCon Registered User regular
    I organize my pins, chat with my friends about pins, and plan a Cosplay of Omin Drann all pinned out to keep me going till my next PAX. Which will be prime.

Also, I plan out how I will save for my pins next year.

Oh, there's also SakuraCon. I guess.

Take a look at my pins
  • Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    I host a podcast that keeps me talking about PAX all year long. I have no time to get depressed.

• Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    I don't remember it because I took an Ambien, but here's my story from last night as best I can piece together. At some point I decided to dig through my more expensive Magic the Gathering decks(Legacy format) and strewed them about. Judging by the web pages left open when I came back to my computer, which were, in no particular order, a Magic online pricing site, eBay, and Priceline.com; apparently I was contemplating selling my more expensive decks and buying a plane ticket. To where you ask? Well, according to the priceline page, a flight to Australia would cost about half of what my Sneak and Show deck is worth...

Note to self: no more ambien.

• Options
    FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Boo come visit, I have a pet dropbear that would love to eat cuddle you!

Fitzchivalry on
  • Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    I have a thread on the main PAX forum about this: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/182634/pax-comedown-i-was-unprepared-how-do-you-cope because it hit me so hard at the end of my first PAX.

Mostly I'm watching the videos of the panels I couldn't attend, keeping in contact with everyone and making Plans.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I'm honestly contemplating going to South. Prime was just too much fun this year, though East is only 2 months after it so idk.

• Options
    I'm hoping to have moved into a bigger apartment by the time January rolls around, but much will depend on what bites I get on my resumes. If I have a bigger place, you're welcome to crash here for South and save some cash!

• Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    I'm honestly contemplating going to South. Prime was just too much fun this year, though East is only 2 months after it so idk.

At worst, you come down and get Texan hospitality. That's worth the price right there.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    I'm hitting South. Not sure if I'm doing all three days. But I will do two, and will hope that Saturday will be the pin trade meetup.

• Options
    I don't know the hotel situation since, well, I live like 15 minutes from the convention center(hopefully closer within the next couple months!), but I hope to see a pin gathering that's community organized in addition to the staff organized one.

• Options
    sirmrejsirmrej Seattle areaRegistered User regular
    I got sick from PAX, and haven't sent my Pinny Pals their pins yet. I'm a monster :(

• Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    I MAY have started my attempts at convincing my wife that we should go to PAX South. My current attempts include the following commentary:
    1) The convention center in San Antonio is much larger than WSCC.
    2) Tickets are still available, so it won't be as crowded, either, and the lines won't be terrible.
    3) Good bbq, unlike Seattle.
    4) We would be leaving Minnesota for some place that is warmer than -20F.

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    Hingo wrote: »
    I MAY have started my attempts at convincing my wife that we should go to PAX South. My current attempts include the following commentary:
    2) Tickets are still available, so it won't be as crowded, either, and the lines won't be terrible.

You have me convinced.

• Options
    Hingo wrote: »

1. Only partialy true, I don't have the exact numbers, but I thought they were comperable in size.
    2. Yup, still available!
    3. This is 100% true.
    4. I think this year it got down to 40 degrees in January, so yes, also 100% true.

Result, DO IT!

• Options
    SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    @Hingo, no word you say is untrue. Everything is right. You have earned a trip to PAX South.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    the San Antonio CC is def larger than the WSCC. It's also undergoing renovations that are scheduled to be complete by January 2016 that will make it about the same size as the current BCEC (pax east).

• Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    the San Antonio CC is def larger than the WSCC. It's also undergoing renovations that are scheduled to be complete by January 2016 that will make it about the same size as the current BCEC (pax east).

I guess nothing I ever went to could take up the entire place at once so the perception was pretty skewed.

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Plus, its a special experience being at a First PAX. Everything is new and shiny. Its interesting to see which community meme's stick around and which ones start brand new. Higher percentage of new people with joy in their faces. Not to be missed.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Keep it coming, guys. I didn't even include my selfish reasons yet, like getting South pins!

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    Do you like Mexican food?

Being able to get more sunlight for a few days will help fight off depression that many folks get from lower sunlight levels that occur during the winter!

Plenty of hotels within walking distance. The river walk is drained and cleaned in early January, so it'll be at it's cleanest during PAX!