As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Battlestar Galactica: Xena, Warrior Cylon

1575859606163»

• saggiosaggio Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So, when does the new season actually air?

saggio on
    3DS: 0232-9436-6893
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    saggio wrote: »

Hi, have you actually tried reading the thread?

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • saggiosaggio Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Nope. That's why I'm asking on page 100.

saggio on
    3DS: 0232-9436-6893
    edited September 2007

Nope. That's why I'm asking on page 100.

Well, maybe you should try reading at least a few damn pages (like the rules even say you should) when asking what's obviously a very common question.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I've read the thread.

So when does the new season start?

Al_wat on
  • deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Al_wat wrote: »
    I've read the thread.

So when does the new season start?

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Movie / miniseries (did they ever say which?) mid-November, season begins in January I believe.

Salvation122 on
  • CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I believe they have some sort of webisode thing starting on october 5th á la season 3. This will lead up to Razor (a 2 hour movie).

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I'm curious about how Katee Sachoff plans on balancing Bionic Woman and BSG. After the season finale I thought she might be more than a recurring character from now on, but now I'm not so sure.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • RoundBoyRoundBoy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Bionic woman won't be on tv that long. And I think there is some sort of season hiatus that BSG could be made in...

Didn't they learn the last time about webisodes? Didn't that end badly ?

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
    Librarians harbor a terrible secret. Find it.
    edited September 2007
    RoundBoy wrote: »
    Bionic woman won't be on tv that long. And I think there is some sort of season hiatus that BSG could be made in...

Badly, how? They were awesome, and got the fanbase pumped up for the new season after a long haitus.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • ZalbinionZalbinion Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I'm curious about how Katee Sachoff plans on balancing Bionic Woman and BSG. After the season finale I thought she might be more than a recurring character from now on, but now I'm not so sure.

I heard/read an interview with Sackhoff wherein she was asked about a potential conflict and she stated that if she had to choose, she'd choose BSG over Bionic Woman. So no worries there. (I'll try to dig up a link too.)

Did anyone else watch BW last night and see Aaron Douglas's cameo? Otherwise, I agree with Roundboy that it won't be on very long, it wasn't that good.

Zalbinion on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Aren't they done filming Season 4 of BSG right now? Which is the last season? I'm guessing her schedule is pretty free.

august on
    edited September 2007

Badly, how? They were awesome, and got the fanbase pumped up for the new season after a long haitus.

Wasn't there a huge dispute between the writing guild & NBC ... something about contracts and payment.. They were forbidden to air or be worked on for the longest time.

It was a huge clusterfuck if i remember correctly.

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
    edited September 2007

Wasn't there a huge dispute between the writing guild & NBC ... something about contracts and payment.. They were forbidden to air or be worked on for the longest time.

Considering the rumors of Scifi splitting season 4 into two ten-episode seasons, I find this story about the webisodes to be entirely consistent with the network's penny-pinching reputation. (See also Farscape.)

Zalbinion on
  • VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Zalbinion wrote: »

I heard/read an interview with Sackhoff wherein she was asked about a potential conflict and she stated that if she had to choose, she'd choose BSG over Bionic Woman. So no worries there. (I'll try to dig up a link too.)

Did anyone else watch BW last night and see Aaron Douglas's cameo? Otherwise, I agree with Roundboy that it won't be on very long, it wasn't that good.

While I so completely dig Michelle Ryan, the new Bionic woman, and I even thought the pilot was pretty decent. It just seems like your cookie cutter episodic tv show. nothing really made it stand out for me.

It appears the writers on these shows (Bionic Woman, and Flash Gordon) seem to think they don't need to put any effort into it, that they'll just remake another sci fi show like BSG and we'll mindlessly come a-droolin.

VoodooV on
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
  • GlyphGlyph Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Nice. I especially like how dolled-up Admiral Cain supposedly used to look before the events of "Pegasus".

Glyph on
    edited September 2007
    Zalbinion wrote: »

Considering the rumors of Scifi splitting season 4 into two ten-episode seasons, I find this story about the webisodes to be entirely consistent with the network's penny-pinching reputation. (See also Farscape.)

Also see The Dresden Files. Bastards. Kudos to Flash Gordon.. because that show is just apeach. Much like ECW.

Oh, and kudos to SCI-FI for inexplicably running Flash Gordon 4 minutes later the other night, pushing my Eureka rerun out of wack with my Tivo... causing me to miss all the plot points in the last few scenes.

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
    edited September 2007
    Also see The Dresden Files. Bastards. Kudos to Flash Gordon.. because that show is just apeach. Much like ECW.

Oh, and kudos to SCI-FI for inexplicably running Flash Gordon 4 minutes later the other night, pushing my Eureka rerun out of wack with my Tivo... causing me to miss all the plot points in the last few scenes.

Goddammit, is there any low to which they won't stoop???

But seriously, that happens to my Robot Chicken dvrs all the time. Those bitches!!!

Zalbinion on
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Bionic woman won't be on tv that long.

While I'm inclined to agree after watching the pilot, it overwhelmingly won its timeslot, beating out what everyone thought to be a surefire hit, the Grey's Anatomy spin-off "Private Practice."

Will it drop? Who knows. But right now, considering Bionic Woman had no real lead-in or follow-out, I'm thinking it at least keeps a thirteen episode order, maybe even a whole season if it keeps it up.

http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/james-hibberd/2007/09/bionic_woman_highestrated_new.php

Atomika on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Honestly the thing BSG should have basically taught people is that episodic sci-fi really just doesn't work if you want to create something good. Whenever BSG is moving through an arc they tend to churn out very good episodes. It's the times it's tried to be episodic that they've really dropped the ball.

electricitylikesme on
  • His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Honestly the thing BSG should have basically taught people is that episodic sci-fi really just doesn't work if you want to create something good. Whenever BSG is moving through an arc they tend to churn out very good episodes. It's the times it's tried to be episodic that they've really dropped the ball.

Yet every single episode has been better than any episode that's come out of the Stargate franchise

His Corkiness on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I like the stargate franchise, but I have to agree.

I do think they are two very different sci fi shows though.

One relies on humour and campyness with a blend of action, and the other is at least trying to be a realistic space drama with some action.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Yet every single episode has been better than any episode that's come out of the Stargate franchise

In your opinion.

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

It depends. I thought The X-Files had a decent mix for a long time. The concept was given to having individual "cases"/episodes working pretty well, though.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
    edited September 2007

Personally, I think the lesson everyone should be taking from BSG is that the audience simply will not tolerate one dimensional villains anymore. We need real conflict, and that means that the "good guys" have a reason for what they're doing, just the same as the "bad guys" have a reason for what they are doing and its not just "to rule the world har har har!"

I used to fucking love Stargate SG1, but ever since BSG came out. All these menacing "bad guys" like the Ori and the Gouald are fucking juvenile to me now. I just simply don't look at sci fi the same anymore.

VoodooV on
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    VoodooV wrote: »

Personally, I think the lesson everyone should be taking from BSG is that the audience simply will not tolerate one dimensional villains anymore. We need real conflict, and that means that the "good guys" have a reason for what they're doing, just the same as the "bad guys" have a reason for what they are doing and its not just "to rule the world har har har!"

I used to fucking love Stargate SG1, but ever since BSG came out. All these menacing "bad guys" like the Ori and the Gouald are fucking juvenile to me now. I just simply don't look at sci fi the same anymore.

The wraith, ghoauld, and Ori have about as much motive as the cylons.

The wraith do it for food.
    The Ori do it for power.
    The Ghoald do it for hosts.

MKR on
    edited September 2007
    and the cylons do it for....?

I think you just made my point for me MKR. if you can sum it up that easily what the wraith, ori, and gouald are all about. They honestly can't be that fucking interesting now can they?

us humans are complex, do contradictory things, and often don't make a whole lot of sense. You can't just sum up what we're all about in one line sentence. Why should the antagonist be that way?

VoodooV on
    edited September 2007

I think you just made my point for me MKR. if you can sum it up that easily what the wraith, ori, and gouald are all about. They honestly can't be that fucking interesting now can they?

us humans are complex, do contradictory things, and often don't make a whole lot of sense. You can't just sum up what we're all about in one line sentence. Why should the antagonist be that way?

The cylons (as far as I can tell) are trying to kill all the humans and find their god, and the humans are trying not to get their shit wrecked while looking for earth.

That's not deep at all.

MKR on
    edited September 2007
    MKR wrote: »

The cylons (as far as I can tell) are trying to kill all the humans and find their god, and the humans are trying not to get their shit wrecked while looking for earth.

That's not deep at all.

Judging by how long this thread has been going on, and that it's not the only BSG thread. I think a lot of people would beg to differ. Hell, even the stargate writers knew the goauld were boring, and had them replaced. sadly, they traded a one dimensional bad guy, for another one dimensional bad guy.

but even by your own bolded admission, none of us really know what the cylon's true motivations are.

VoodooV on
    edited September 2007
    I'm going to have to say "whoop-de-doo" to all that. Let's just like the shows we like for the reasons we like them.

MKR on
    edited September 2007
    MKR wrote: »
    I'm going to have to say "whoop-de-doo" to all that. Let's just like the shows we like for the reasons we like them.

I'm pretty sure that's what we're doing:

I'll happily admit that I'm with VoodooV, I used to love all sorts of sci-fi tv shows that I simply cannot watch anymore because all aspects of production are inferior to Battlestar Galactica. BSG has ruined SciFi's all-day Andromeda and First Wave marathons for me now!

(The exception is The X-Files. It just gets better with age. Seriously, one of the greatest television shows ever.)

Zalbinion on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    If the "Cylons," as a group, all wanted the colonials dead and that was it, the human race would be gone by now.

There are obviously forces beyond both human and Cylon comprehension at work here. There's the thing in Baltar's head, there's all this mystical prophecy mumbo-jumbo and there's what the fuck the final five have been doing this whole damn time.

august on
    edited October 2007
    I'm shocked no one has commented on the Razor flashback yet. The first two minutes went by way too quick. I have DVR though so I didn't have to endure any crappy Flash Gordon other than what I had to fast forward through.

can't wait for next week.

VoodooV on
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Wait. What's next week?

desperaterobots on
    edited October 2007
    Wait. What's next week?

http://www.scifi.com/

Young Willy "Husker" Adama

VoodooV on
  • SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Stargate is one of my favourite shows ever, but ever since I started watching BSG it just didn't seem as good (it also didn't help that the last couple seasons REALLY dropped off in quality). But they are very different shows.

Snork on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2007
    20000526h.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.