As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Super Smash Bros.: Unofficial roster is out; demo on September 19th.

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    what direction does it go

Oh, that's a good point..I don't think you'll be able to control it.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

Yeah, I see three possibilities:
    1)Straight up
    2)Straight forward
    3)Reflection

2&3 are perfect for screwing Ness over.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I wonder if Dedede's customs can throw Waddles.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Wyborn was warned for this.
    Do we have any more information on Ganondorf's alt moves?

Or alt costumes I guess but mostly alt moves

Like this fast-but-weak one:

http://i.imgur.com/J3euW6I.gif

Also has the Warlock Punch been replaced by a magic knife stab? Because I'm for the change

Sterica on
    dN0T6ur.png
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »

Yeah, I see three possibilities:
    1)Straight up
    2)Straight forward
    3)Reflection

2&3 are perfect for screwing Ness over.

It will be like Ness vs Ness.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

So..

That's game for $60, 3 amiibos for $40? Basically meaning a $5 savings if they are $15, and $4 more expensive if they are $12?

I'm sticking to my Gamecube controller bundle. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Alright, Megaman has really clicked for me and I basically have to echo what others have been saying about him: he's all about close-medium range, basically you want to be holding the enemy right at that jab distance. Their melee attacks won't have the range to hit you but your jab is beautifully spammable and will stop them in their tracks, and you can use it while approaching, falling, whenever. Treat him exactly like you would in classic Megaman games: just keep hitting them with pellets and keeping them at arm's length until you're ready to close for the kill, and then when you do want to close use the dash attack or down-tilt to get in or surprise them with a forward smash. If they get in the air you've got some great aerials and your up-air, up-tilt, and up-smash all really punish anybody who plans on getting above you.

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    Apparently, all of the following characters have been found as Trophies:
    *Mewtwo
    *Squirtle
    *Ivysaur
    *Wolf
    *Lucas
    *Dixie Kong
    *King K. Rool
    *Ice Climbers
    *Chorus Men
    *Paper Mario

Basically every major rumored DLC character outside of third parties and Ridley. Though of note, Wolf is not wearing his Smash outfit in his trophy.

So if there are going to be DLC characters, then either trophies don't deconfirm characters or the choices won't be the most popular ones (outside of potentially Ridley).

• Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    According to Reddit, Warlock punch now has super-armor. This pleases me.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2014
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Do we have any more information on Ganondorf's alt moves?

Or alt costumes I guess but mostly alt moves

Like this fast-but-weak one:

http://i.imgur.com/J3euW6I.gif

Also has the Warlock Punch been replaced by a magic knife stab? Because I'm for the change

Is there a site that has all the character moves as .gif images?

Sterica on
    Man, cannot stress enough how good Megaman's down-tilt is. Down-tilt into up-air and you have a very consistent kill at high enough percentage.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Mega Man's up air seems pretty good.

YL9WnCY.png
  • DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    Is it just me or is Kotaku always reporting stuff that seems to try to make Nintendo look bad some how? http://kotaku.com/super-smash-bros-is-wrecking-some-peoples-3ds-handheld-1634549128

Either way I hope this won't actually be a real issue. Then again I really try to take care of my 3DSXL.

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
    DarkMecha wrote: »
    Is it just me or is Kotaku always reporting stuff that seems to try to make Nintendo look bad some how? http://kotaku.com/super-smash-bros-is-wrecking-some-peoples-3ds-handheld-1634549128

Either way I hope this won't actually be a real issue. Then again I really try to take care of my 3DSXL.

Wouldn't expect anything else of Kotaku.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    I have like 90 hours on Animal Crossing, and somehow my 3DS is fine.

YL9WnCY.png
  • pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    It should be noted that you really don't need to slam the circle pad in this game. You can do smash attacks easily with just a light tap. Honestly, I put a lot more strain on my circle pad with Mario Kart and KI:U.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I have like 90 hours on Animal Crossing, and somehow my 3DS is fine.

One can play Animal Crossing without being a super-spaz.

It seems that some cannot play Smash Brothers without being super-spazes who spaz.

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    I hope using the dime trick in pokemon doesn't come back to haunt me.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular

Maybe don't play the game like a fucking gorilla?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    Well that's the thing too. All the good fighting game players I've seen are very deliberate in their control inputs. Even the pad guys you see at tournaments aren't spazzing out like madmen.

I'm chalking this up to more Kotaku anti-Nintendo crap after the other article about the game where the author complained about control layout even though it can be changed and said the online mode was so laggy it's not worth playing, despite a lot of people apparently saying it's entirely butter smooth most of the time. No connection will ever be perfect, especially for a fighting game so whatever.

Actually...why the hell do I even read Kotaku? *removes bookmark* Had to do the same with Polygon.

agoaj wrote: »
    I hope using the dime trick in pokemon doesn't come back to haunt me.

Oh god, I did that too...

• ZythonZython Registered User regular

It's the same thing with wiimote sneaking TVs. People not using their hardware properly.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I'd expect a kotaku "journalist" would be trying the online on the wifi at McDonalds while the elderly couple sitting next to him watches The West Wing on netflix.

McFlynn on
    lol @ JAG reference.

• McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    lol @ JAG reference.

I changed it on you to something actually on Netflix.

Or just to screw with you, whichever feels more appropriate.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 2014

Hey I hear if you throw your Wiimote at the TV it will crack it too! :P

But yeah, nothing new for Kotaku. Honestly surprised it didn't hit IGN first tho!

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Nintendo needs to release 3DS condoms.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
    agoaj wrote: »
    Nintendo needs to release 3DS condoms.

The analog nub already kind of looks like a condom :)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Winky wrote: »
    Man, cannot stress enough how good Megaman's down-tilt is. Down-tilt into up-air and you have a very consistent kill at high enough percentage.
    If the slide gets blocked you're just boned, though, though, aren't you? Same problem as with the dash attack, really. It's not very safe, and even if you hit it you aren't guaranteed to land the up-air.

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Don't link Kotaku please.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
    Wyvern wrote: »
    If the slide gets blocked you're just boned, though, though, aren't you? Same problem as with the dash attack, really. It's not very safe, and even if you hit it you aren't guaranteed to land the up-air.

Just do it perfectly.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    PLA wrote: »
    Wyvern wrote: »

Just do it perfectly.

So, the key to Megaman's playstyle is "git gud"?

Megaman 2 and Zero would approve.

(Megaman 2 would also demand they buff Metal Blades)

chiasaur11 on
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I was brainstorming about what kind of DLC I would want or expect.

It would be nice if we got alts for players in the same way Olimar and Koopa Jr. have their respective alts.

Give me:

Dark Bowser (Bowser's Inside Story)
    Skyward Sword Link
    Dixie Kong - Diddy alt (if we don't get her as DLC)
    Dragonite or another dragon-ish Pokemon - Charizard alt
    Animal Crossing animals/Nook/KK Slider - Villager alt

I'd love for a ridiculous new DLC character. Give me an NES (with alts being an N64, SNES). Doubt this would happen with Duck Hunt Dog in there with his NES attacks though. What about a virtual boy? No one liked him, so he is back for revenge!

Toad would be good to release with his game coming out soon.

My guess is going to be we get 4 characters total, each coming with a stage and a new costume for someone. So, 4 new characters, 4 stages, and 4 costumes.

Anyway, just thinking outloud. Meow meow.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Toad will never be playable in smash. Just give that goat up guys

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    Ridley: Not even a boss this time.

YL9WnCY.png
    Give me Bob Hoskins Mario with Lou Albano alts.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png

Why not? I could totally see them adding Captain Toad to the next one (I doubt they'd add him as DLC to this one of course). What is wrong with Toad being playable?

If anyone's going to be playable, it'll be Toadette.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
This discussion has been closed.