As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fishing Master (Wii)

Captain AmazingCaptain Amazing Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Games and Technology
230144b.jpg

So, has anyone played Fishing Master? I was thinking about picking it up to play with my five year old son. It looks pretty straightforward and it seems like the remote and nunchuck may be a great fit for a fishing simulator. Plus, it is only $40, which is nice.

Gamespot gave it a 7, which seems like a solid score for a borderline budget title like this. I haven't been able to find any other reviews. Has anyone here had any first hand experience with it?

Captain Amazing on

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    If it helps at all, a user rated the game 8/10 and said:
    It's a fun light fishing game with enough variety and depth to keep you coming back for a few minutes of fishing often. Time will tell if it can compete with the much anticipated Hooked: Real Fishing, but it easily surpasses Rapala Pro and even everyone's Zelda fishing experience.

urahonky on
  • Options
    Sharp10rSharp10r Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Just got it from Gamefly. I'm amused. My wife thinks it's too complicated. I do have 2 complaints:
    1. When the line is either too slack or too tight, an annoying alarm sounds until you get it in range. This TOTALLY kills the mood.
    2. The music is loud and cheap with no way I can find to reduce the volume.

There is a certain charm to this one that I think you and your son will find, so it may still be worth it.

Sharp10r on
  • Options
    tetsuoZshimatetsuoZshima Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    i used to be a sucker for "super black bass" .. i must have rented that thing like 20 times (parents wouldn't buy me games, but let me rent sometimes)...so i could see myself playing this...

my quam, however, is when the hell did 40 bucks become borderline budget title?! if 40 is the new players choice in a year or whatever, man, expect to see some more ebgames type hell holes popin up, i dun know about you, but i'ma be buying used exclusively. it's not that i'm always broke (i do have wii, ps3 and 360...and like 40 other consoles, lol); but i do find objection in spending so much on individual games. other than rpgs, i really don't get my time to money's worth ratio out of most things. oh. and shooters. i'm a score whore sometimes, so that helps. nm.

tetsuoZshima on
  • Options
    Sharp10rSharp10r Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I just played a bit more today, and the more I play, the more I want to. Grandpa gives me specific fishing goals and so I say "just one more day" quite a bit. I can fish in three provinces right now. Fun game.

Sharp10r on