As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steven Universe] 1. THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY 2. SAY IT

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Inorite?!

Also, Garnet is still a baller, the ultimate mentor in letting Steven try even if it was kinda of foregone that he would fail.

I don't think he failed completely he just didn't have a full grasp of the situation or realize why the Centipedal was scared.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Man
    Poor Centibeetle. :(

It's just a wild animal that, in it's current state, isn't really capable of being fully tamed, but still totally took a bullet for Steven.

What a huge bummer.

Inorite?!

Also, Garnet is still a baller, the ultimate mentor in letting Steven try even if it was kinda of foregone that he would fail.

Yeah she's pretty cool at giving him the space he needs to let him make his own mistakes and grow at his own pace.

As opposed to Pearl being too overprotective, or Amethyst always encouraging him to do stupid shit for the fun of it.

Speaking of which,
    it was really great how he learned a new ability after the experience. He's growing up so fast! 8->

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Also I wonder if this means that
    The trio and Steven are the last fully functional members of their kind.

It'd be cool if we occasionally get to see other scattered members of their kind that are still in one piece, doing their thing.

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Also I wonder if this means that
    The trio and Steven are the last fully functional members of their kind.

It'd be cool if we occasionally get to see other scattered members of their kind that are still in one piece, doing their thing.

The last two episode titles of the season are "Mirror Gem" and "Ocean Gem", and the premieres of both episodes are very close, so we might be getting something particularly interesting soon.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Preview clip for the next episode, "An Indirect Kiss"

http://youtu.be/qiY7g1zttdw

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I am never prepared for how real shit gets in this show.

It's like every episode, shit gets real, and I am always surprised by it.

It's all doot-dee-doot-dee-doo, kids show, whoops, real talk motherfuckers, bet you didn't see that comin'.

No, Steven Universe, I absolutely did not.

• Options
    I kinda teared up at Stevens speech. I mean knew the ending was coming but damn

• Options
    The emotional moments on this show are done so well that it is really astonishing.

They know just how to throw in a light touch to make something sad feel okay, or vise versa.
    That whole end scene with Steven begging them to have mercy on Centibeetle, combined with the CB getting itself hurt to save Steven afterwards, and then him growing from it by learning to bubble. Oy. It also had that tinge of hope with the notion that maybe one day he can really help CB for real, but since even his Mom couldn't do that, it seems kind of hopeless.

I was on the verge of tears.

And then Steven sends CB his bag of chips, and I cracked up.

God dammit, this show is just too perfect.

• Options
    I also like the implication that Steven takes after his mother, in that regard.

Hnnng, when are they gonna quit teasing and give us a flashback?

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I expect a full on Back To The Future episode where steven goes back to, like, the 80s, and actually introduces Rose to his dad

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    I'm guessing some people here like Bee and Puppycat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_pzWcgqmYE

• Options
    :!:

Sweet!

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Catching up, I'm finding myself super into the lore of the Crystal Gems. Like, are they a single race of powerful magic beings that spread across the universe to help protect planets? Or are they like Green Lanterns where they are members of different races who happen to be born with gem powers? And are they always on earth in the show? Some of the locals seem really not earthlike

• Options
    HOLY FUCK THE BIRTHDAY EPISODE WHAT THE HELL WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME!

• Options
  • Options
    Onion is the worst

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Catching up, I'm finding myself super into the lore of the Crystal Gems. Like, are they a single race of powerful magic beings that spread across the universe to help protect planets? Or are they like Green Lanterns where they are members of different races who happen to be born with gem powers? And are they always on earth in the show? Some of the locals seem really not earthlike

Well they explain this in the birthday episode. They are physically just the gem their physical bodies are constructs.

It all takes place on Earth but one with odd crystal ruins probably in places people can't get to.

• Options
    So now that we know what Rose's room looks like
    Its like 100% that Lion was something she made right? Hes pink and fluffly and I'm pretty sure he took Steven and Connie to Rose's training room

• Options
    BertezBertezBertezBertez Registered User regular

What kills me is that the first part is so funny. Pearls "birthday" is just gold.

...but I would say that

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Also is there any word on future episodes being longer. I'm loving the show but 10 mins a week is killing me here.

...but I would say that

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Steven and the Stevens might be the most perfect single episode of a show ever.

• Options
    It is definitely an episode I will use to get other people into the show.

• Options
    Also is there any word on future episodes being longer. I'm loving the show but 10 mins a week is killing me here.

half-time slots is basically a standard for a growing number of shows now, so no I don't think that's going to change.

That's been the format for Adventure Time and Regular show, which have both been around since 2010.

Also Bravest Warriors, I think, although that show is web-based.

• Options

What kills me is that the first part is so funny. Pearls "birthday" is just gold.

I do like pie.

• Options
    Oh man, have any of you seen the pilot for this show? Its weird because it has a more realistic art style but all the same voices and in it Steven writes the song that is used as the theme in the main series and its pretty great

• Options
    Oh my god and the pilot is an episode is about the Hourglass

• Options
    yeah I remember there was a bit of a kerfuffle over the art style change from the pilot to the show

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    I liked the change for Pearl, in that it made her more iconically different from the other two gems.
    Amethyst's change isn't exactly all that different, it seemed done more to streamline her for animation workflow.
    I really wish that Garnet kept her hair down. But then again, everything about you probably has to conform when you're that rock 'ard of a badass.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    I like the current style in the show, its a little more cartoony/dreamy and the Gems look slightly human but not like 100% so

• Options
    edited September 2014
    yeah I remember there was a bit of a kerfuffle over the art style change from the pilot to the show

To be honest, the Pilot looks kind of weird after getting used to the show.

Frankly, the whole pilot system is pretty dumb. Giving expectations that ultimately aren't met and all that.

Goatmon on

• Options
    I liked the change for Pearl, in that it made her more iconically different from the other two gems.
    Amethyst's change isn't exactly all that different, it seemed done more to streamline her for animation workflow.
    I really wish that Garnet kept her hair down. But then again, everything about you probably has to conform when you're that rock 'ard of a badass.

I like Estelle more as her voice actress than the gal from the pilot.

Also I think the 'fro looks fine, but straight hair would have been cool too.

• Options
    I would say the fro gives her a more memorable silhouette for what that is worth.

...but I would say that

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I will miss those gold gauntlets though.

• Options
    I love the whole concept of Gem Fusion.

The way the characters merge into a proper combination of both physical and psychological makeup.

I'm also curious if Steven could do a fusion with one of the gems.

That would be hilarious, I'm sure.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I hope that's coming in a later episode!

• Options
    I bet Steven/Amsthyist would be crazy hyperactive and destructive

• Options
    I think theyll build to it but I doubt Steven will be able to for a while

• Options
    Nah, destructive is more Garnet's thing.

Amethyst's defining qualities are more along the lines of wild and reckless.

Steven's main quality is his kindness, I think, so I can't imagine any fusion with him being intentionally harmful or what have you.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Given that Steven is the heart of the team, maybe if all the gems combined they'd become Captain Planet!

Huh?

Huh?

BdCD43E.gif

Goatmon on

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    A Steven/Amethyst fusion would spend all day on the boardwalk eating fried things and playing videogames.

This discussion has been closed.