As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[nfl] THIS THREAD IS AS DEAD AS THE BUCS PLAYOFF CHANCES!

• Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    After being robbed of his victory in week one, O'Brien's Chin-Hole bounces back for the dominant victory, sending a wave of panic through Rare With No Sauce!

Be afraid. For when you stare into the Chin-Hole, the Chin-Hole stares back into you.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Wayne did not deliver for me, so the Dropkick Fluties drop to 1 - 1. Time to do some tweaking.

• iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    I want to set Pep Hamilton's playbook on fire. We run a counter on an unbalanced line, get a good gain, and he thinks the Eagles are just gonna be blindsided by it for the rest of the game. So many wasted, stupid runs. You've got Luck, Wayne, and TY Hilton. Throw it a bit more, please?

Also, that reffing sucked. That was not a horse-collar tackle, and illegal-contact should have been called. Grump, grump, grump!

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    So Clevland beats New Orleans, Sand Diego beats Seattle, and Chicago beats San Francisco.

I just don't know what to think anymore. At least the Vikings and KC lost to help me restore some of my equilibrium.

• Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    So Clevland beats New Orleans, Sand Diego beats Seattle, and Chicago beats San Francisco.

I just don't know what to think anymore. At least the Vikings and KC lost to help me restore some of my equilibrium.

That full parity exists in the NFL?

As awful as the Seahawks played (and the defense did get picked apart) that game still could have gone either way. The Percy Harvin fumble gave the chargers 3 back to back posessions.

Even Percy's touchdown, if it had been called correctly that he stepped out of bounds, that my have changed the whole game. We probably still would have scored, but it would have taken longer, which means our defense would have more rest, the chargers wouldn't have called the same plays, so the entire outcome could be different etc etc. Point is, there is so much parity in an NFL game that one little thing can almost change the entire outcome. Yeah we lost, and we deserved to lose that one, but we still barely loss by one touchdown (i'm not counting their 3 points that they took at the end when they just as easily could have kneeled.)

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    2 and 0. But my first real challenge is this week.

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

That full parity exists in the NFL?

Belichick takes the I out of parity
    Bill-Belichick-Lets-Party.jpg

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    lol the fifth round pick the pats sent the eagles for sopoanga was parlayed into the fifth round pick that got the eagles sproles

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I really really loved that move for the eagles when it happened

Like how is sproles that undervalued, he's only been great forever

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Plus who fits that offense better my god

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Plus who fits that offense better my god

right? oh yeah, chip kelly loves running split back sets lets just trade him our amazing speedy scatback that would be a perfect system fit for next to nothing

there's like a ... .04556% you get sproles value out of a fifth round pick

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Well its worked out great for the saints so far.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    So.. the dumbest move of my entire league (PPR for the first year) was made by me, before the season even started. I drafted Sproles in like the 11th round, dropped him before the first game because I thought I needed someone else. On top of which, my RB2 Ellington goes and hurts himself. Sproles is now the #1 RB in my entire league...

Oh, and my current RB1, RB2, WR1, WR2, and WR3 are all on week 4 byes...

Simpsonia on
  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Well its worked out great for the saints so far.

I have resigned myself to a very long season followed by an amazingly short post season experience. Unless something dramatic happens I am just not feeling it this year. Trade Sproles, and then decide that the team can spend all it's money of Brees and Graham. That will win us all the games right?

• Jebus314Jebus314 Registered User regular
    Draeven wrote: »
    Foles gold, our Fantasy match up is gonna come down to the wire.

I knew it was going to be close when we were basically tied with Foles/Forte vs Luck/McCoy. Forte screwed me over though. I would complain about the fact that I would have won if I had the balls to start bradshaw over wright, but you did leave sproles 27 points on your bench in favor of the apparently worthless torrey smith (who I have in my actual money league).

"The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it" - Dr Horrible
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    I had Sproles last year on two teams. Basically in between the two years of awesomeness where he sucked.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
    Everyone keeps saying the chargers offense dominated seattle but I just didn't see it. Two of their TDs were heavily influenced by turnovers leading to very short fields. They only had 1 scoring drive that they started from behind mid-field basically. And some of Gate's catches were unreal. Most days I'm thinking he drops a few of those and the game starts to look a lot different.

The chargers definitely did some good things, but having watched this game the Seattle offense is what cost seattle this game. I was not that Impressed with the chargers offense.

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    The way some of you Seattle fans are posting I think you guys legitimately expected a 16-0 season. You are still the best team in the NFL right now. It's OK to drop a game to another good team. Sheesh.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    A good team sure, the chargers? Man even the texans last year managed to beat them.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    A good team sure, the chargers? Man even the texans last year managed to beat them.

That was week 1, before they lost Cushing and Foster.

I stand by my statement!

The way some of you Seattle fans are posting I think you guys legitimately expected a 16-0 season. You are still the best team in the NFL right now. It's OK to drop a game to another good team. Sheesh.

I'm actually not that concerned about the loss, the chargers definitely deserved to win. It just irks me that everyone is talking like they destroyed the vaulted Seattle defense. They did no such thing.

And the Texans almost beat us

Theres a ton of factors that go into a game. The heat was one of them. We're also down another starter in the secondary.

It was really just the flow of the game. The Chargers completed 10 third downs. They were on the field forever. It was really that they just had the ball for so fucking long that our defense was already exausted, along with being in the heat. On top of that Rivers did a good job of making the right reads. You don't throw to Sherman over the top, but you can get him underneath. There was one pick play that he played just like any other corner would, but due to it being a pick-play there was nothing he could do to keep from it being a completion.

Both of our touchdowns came super fast, which honestly didn't help our defense at all. If Percy's touchdown had been called back, it pretty much would have spawned a completely different timeline and most very likely a different result for the game

but that's just how football works, the better team will usually win, but times like this there is going to be parity, you don't win every time even if you are better

Arch,

That was week 1, before they lost Cushing and Foster.

I stand by my statement!

I know I was just making a joke. Sheesh let me have my fun of bagging on Rivers who kicked me out of my eliminator. GOD DAMN YOU MARMALARD!

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Jebus314 wrote: »

I'm actually not that concerned about the loss, the chargers definitely deserved to win. It just irks me that everyone is talking like they destroyed the vaulted Seattle defense. They did no such thing.

Is this a talking heads thing? I don't have ESPN this year (don't miss it really) and I haven't really noticed anything said to that effect on these boards anyways.

While I wouldn't go so far as to say something like "destroyed", 30 points is a lot for any NFL defense to give up, no matter how you slice it (every NFL team last year gave up fewer than 30 points per game on average).

• CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular

Theres a ton of factors that go into a game. The heat was one of them. We're also down another starter in the secondary.

It was really just the flow of the game. The Chargers completed 10 third downs. They were on the field forever. It was really that they just had the ball for so fucking long that our defense was already exausted, along with being in the heat. On top of that Rivers did a good job of making the right reads. You don't throw to Sherman over the top, but you can get him underneath. There was one pick play that he played just like any other corner would, but due to it being a pick-play there was nothing he could do to keep from it being a completion.

Both of our touchdowns came super fast, which honestly didn't help our defense at all. If Percy's touchdown had been called back, it pretty much would have spawned a completely different timeline and most very likely a different result for the game

but that's just how football works, the better team will usually win, but times like this there is going to be parity, you don't win every time even if you are better

Could you stop being levelheaded and bring the wharglbargl?

Apparently there is a Seahawks player or two downstairs at the starbucks, I'm going to go see which one(s)

Arch,
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Wasn't the Chargers offense like #2 in the league last year? And basically has the same parts?

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    I have a feeling that the "Circle of Parity" graphic is going to show up much sooner than usual this season.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    My wife semi-met Hooman, meaning she's met three different Pats TEs at her job.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Wasn't the Chargers offense like #2 in the league last year? And basically has the same parts?

Football outsiders says 4th in dvoa.

PantsB wrote: »
    My wife semi-met Hooman, meaning she's met three different Pats TEs at her job.

Did she meet Gronk?

if that game is played in non-scorching temperature, seahawks win that game

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    It was Scruggs. He was cool.

Arch,
    Did you steal his coffee and tell him only closers get coffee?

pleasepaypreacher.net
    13980_10204680305390237_7645183182178971592_n.jpg?oh=0e313d53913a7fea906dd3b3bea26516&oe=54C53222

My picture was not in focus :(

Arch,
    Podly wrote: »
    if that game is played in non-scorching temperature, seahawks win that game

impossible

all the heat in that stadium was generated solely by phil rivers' being utterly and totally on fire

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    So what's his captain planet power?

pleasepaypreacher.net
    bolo

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Cog wrote: »

Could you stop being levelheaded and bring the wharglbargl?
    I guess I just take that game as a shining example of how to beat our defense: consistently convert low percentage, difficult plays. Like on one of the Gates TDs (second maybe?) we got pass rush and actually knocked the ball out of Rivers' hand. He bobbles it, controls it with his chest, throws a freaking dart into a small window, and Gates makes a great catch while falling out the back of the end zone.

Like, nope. Not mad at the defense there really. Especially since we're down two CBs after losing two of our top 4 in the off season and still had a shot at a game winning drive with like 3 minutes to go.

JihadJesus on
  • r4dr3zr4dr3z Registered User regular
    Yeah dude no way the Seahawks win that game.