As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WARMACHINE & HORDES] 1+1=Cyriss is calculating... calculating... seven! And you're dead.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    3lwap0 wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    I'm kinda curious which Nemo it'd do best with. I'm thinking it was probably designed with Nemo3 in mind

Nemo and Stryker are our only 3 deep-iteration casters. I hope it works well with all three. Nemo1 is fantastic with warjacks, so I think it's a given he'll be great with him, but Nemo3 isn't quite as fragile, so that's fair too. We'll just wait and see!

Oh I'm hoping, I have a soft spot for Nemo1.

• 3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    3lwap0 wrote: »
    I'm kinda curious which Nemo it'd do best with. I'm thinking it was probably designed with Nemo3 in mind

Nemo and Stryker are our only 3 deep-iteration casters. I hope it works well with all three. Nemo1 is fantastic with warjacks, so I think it's a given he'll be great with him, but Nemo3 isn't quite as fragile, so that's fair too. We'll just wait and see!

Oh I'm hoping, I have a soft spot for Nemo1.

Me too. I'm not sure a new Warjack can fix all that's wrong with him, but it damn sure can't hurt.

• kaortikaorti Registered User regular
    I'm not sure that there's anything wrong with Nemo1 besides mage hunter strike force and ravagores existing.
    I've had some good times running two centurions, a lancer, and the silver line.

kaorti wrote: »
    I'm not sure that there's anything wrong with Nemo1 besides mage hunter strike force and ravagores existing.

Heh I came up with a similar list at one point, but I got pulled into working on my Siege + Stormwall list

I'm going to definitely revisit that at some point (after I finish my DZC army probably)

• 3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    kaorti wrote: »

By no means a push over. He's just susceptible to so darn much, and dying to a stiff breeze. With a full boat of support feeding him power tokens, he's hell on wheels, and pretty fun. I think the current curve of factions and lists just make taking him a dangerous prospect. In a two/three list pairing, he could def be your War Machine drop, assuming it's not Ret, or some Menoth lists.

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    So uh

My wife may have just ordered the following models
    Faction: Thagrosh - Army of Annihilation
    Casters: 1/1
    Tiers: 1
    Thagrosh, Prophet of Everblight (*5pts)
    * Carnivean (11pts)
    * Ravagore (10pts)
    * Scythean (9pts)
    Blighted Ogrun Warspears (Leader and 4 Grunts) (8pts)
    * Warspear Chieftan (2pts)

On the one hand I'm excited she is playing

On the other hand fuck the legion

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Ehhh, at least it ain't Cryx :P

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    The general rule of thumb when it comes to WM/H armies:

If it involves dragons, they're bullshit.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    I mean, dragons in Warmahordes are basically unkillable god-beings so yeah

and of course she picked the warcaster who is basically the physical embodiment of one of the dragons

thanks, honey

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    I mean, dragons in Warmahordes are basically unkillable god-beings so yeah

and of course she picked the warcaster who is basically the physical embodiment of one of the dragons

thanks, honey
    Love hurts.

I almost have two guys convinced at my LGS to pick up starters.

The normal WM/H group doesn't show up on open gaming nights, just the established WM night and I miss playing

• NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    Years after a cryptic mention in Jarl's theme force, Trollkin Highwaymen are a thing that exists!

71096_TrollkinHighwaymen_WEB.jpg
    As war has consumed the trollkin people, even outlaws and bandits among them have taken up arms in defense of kith and kriel. Peerless woodsmen and hunters, these highwaymen blend easily into forests and swamps. They strike from the shadows, unleashing withering pistol fire from a distance before closing to finish the job at point-blank range.

Also, new Scattergunners. I think they look pretty neat and will definitely be grabbing a box.

71084_TrollkinScattergunners_WEB.jpg

• warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    I just need to stop playing Trolls for a while. Every time I buy stuff, within a year it goes into plastic. I like light models that wont break my back. Maybe I should go back to Cryx for a bit.

steam_sig.png
  • TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    But plastics feel way too light, especially on big, heavy warnouns. I could never imagine lugging around a plastic Earthborn or Mulg.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

75051_Maximus_WEB.jpg
    Maximus’ legend as a warlord was already on the rise when he and his warband came upon a group of Greylords and their doom reaver slaves. Though his warband was slain, Maximus fought on. When his weapon splintered, he snatched up a fellblade from one of the fallen. The magic of the Orgoth weapon took hold, heightening his rage and giving him the maddened resolve to hack down his remaining foes in seconds. Maximus is now consumed by hatred and driven to slaughter. He occupies a place somewhere between awe and terror among his own kind, a gore-splattered hero whose legend grows with each gruesome kill.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    Dat peeg.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Nechriah wrote: »
    Dat peeg.

I'm awesoming this because it works so well with your avatar.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    don't ask about pigs

Bacon is the forbidden flavour.

It's right up there next to "the salt of Khador players bitching that Maximus doesn't work for them" on the deliciousness chart.

om nom nom

persona4celestia.jpg
  • TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Khador players still have salt to give?

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I play Khador and my reaction is meh.

• NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Ha! My buddy was rambling on about fellblades and greylords and staves and such. I cut him off by saying that Maximus is not a spineless human dog. He's Farrow and that means he can't be controlled by your puny sticks.

Secondly, I got to play pGoreshade for the first time this Saturday. I got his new sculpt and really wanted to play with it. His "Surprise Bane Thralls!" feat is pretty funny, but I really could have subbed almost any other Cryx warcaster and won as handily. So I'm not sure that it was that great of a list for him. Then again, I have no idea what list I should have used with him. He feels so different compared to my normal caster (Scaverous).

Next we just need a Slaughterhouser upgrade kit to turn them into Doom Cleavers.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Aw, heck yeah. Doc A's getting a new theme force in the next NQ.

Coincidence that it's right as the Cephalyx stuff comes out? Probably... *crosses fingers*

persona4celestia.jpg
    Oh my goodness.

Apparently Doc A's tier list lets him take Goraxes.

With shield guard.

HYPE.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Good news for Cygnar, Dynamo is out in December

You know, I'm surprised there hasn't been more Exigence leaks by now, since it's only two weeks out.

persona4celestia.jpg
    I really can't handle Dr. Ark's new theme force

It's like...everything I ever wanted

Dr. Ark with MORE BUFFS
    GORAX with shield guard!
    RAZOR BOAR SPAM FOR FREE

ahghghghg neeeeeed it

also need to get two goraxes and convert the fux out of them because the model pose

so bad

I need more money so that I can buy all the models (usually in multiple) for minions

and an earthbreaker

that'd be great

Arch wrote: »
    I really can't handle Dr. Ark's new theme force

It's like...everything I ever wanted

Dr. Ark with MORE BUFFS
    GORAX with shield guard!
    RAZOR BOAR SPAM FOR FREE

ahghghghg neeeeeed it

also need to get two goraxes and convert the fux out of them because the model pose

so bad

The angry monkey's just really excited about the cake he was promised.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    So last night at our local journeyman, a players journeyman warcaster killed a max unit of of forgeguard when prime horribly backfires.

31111_Dynamo_WEB.jpg
    Dynamo is the most successful of Sebastian Nemo’s many prototype warjacks, the one that has survived extensive use in the field. Powered by its galvanic generator, Dynamo is outfitted to render electrical destruction via its devastating storm cannon. This weapon fires deadly bolts of lightning that can strike clusters of advancing soldiers, or concentrated to melt heavy armor to slag. Thanks to Dynamo’s ability to harness and channel its own kinetic energy, each attack it unleashes is more deadly than the last.

Classification:Character Heavy Warjack
    Base Size:50mm
    PIP Code:31111
    Price:$49.99*
    Model Materials:Resin and White Metal
    Model Count:1
    Packaging:Box

persona4celestia.jpg
    So, it's considered to be more successful than the Thunderhead? Ouch.

The thunderhead washed out at the pricing stage. It's a one-off proof of concept. By the sound of it, an economized dynamo could become the next gen Cygnar chassis.

edited September 2014
    Ahh, I was wondering if I had missed something.

Now that I think about it, the Thunderhead really hasn't appeared in fluff since the book it was introduced in has it?

Nobody on
    I think it pops up occasionally, but rare because they don't want to risk losing it to enemy hands.

It does have a nice advantage in that it doesn't use coal, so they don't have to lug around as much supplies for it.

persona4celestia.jpg
    edited September 2014
    The original idea was a stealth jack with no coal smoke to give it away. It cost a mint, but managed to do entirely away with the coal. Of course it sounds like a distant thunderstorm and stinks of ozone, so stealth wasn't quite achieved.

kaorti on