As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[nfl] THIS THREAD IS AS DEAD AS THE BUCS PLAYOFF CHANCES!

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    i was really impressed with rivers that game. seahawks still got a ton of pressure but he just stood there, either brushed off contact or ducked around it without even really moving since he's not quick at all, and fired strikes all damn day

i am hot and cold on rivers, but i have a soft spot for him since he's the only qb to ever lead me to a fantasy title

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    i was really impressed with rivers that game. seahawks still got a ton of pressure but he just stood there, either brushed off contact or ducked around it without even really moving since he's not quick at all, and fired strikes all damn day

i am hot and cold on rivers, but i have a soft spot for him since he's the only qb to ever lead me to a fantasy title

Yeah I mean, I'm totally ok with Rivers doing what Manning, Brees, Rodgers and Brady haven't been able to do. Actually, the fact that it was Rivers just makes me laugh even more.

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • r4dr3zr4dr3z Registered User regular
    Well, he came after Sherman. Even if Sherman is going to shut you down, you can't be so predictable that you only throw it at one side of the field.

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    you know the nfl done bad when budweiser wags it's finger at you

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Don't worry Arian Foster shut them down by saying they have no place to say anything since they sell poison. Thanks guy who dissapoints people in fantasy.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • r4dr3zr4dr3z Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Don't worry Arian Foster shut them down by saying they have no place to say anything since they sell poison. Thanks guy who dissapoints people in fantasy.

He's in league with Foster's Lager.

No I think if I remember right he's a tea totaler or whatever a kill joy who doesn't drink is called.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Preacher wrote: »
    No I think if I remember right he's a tea totaler or whatever a kill joy who doesn't drink is called.

mormon duh

Arch,
  • HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    <expletive deleted>

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    made a waiver claim on that TE daniels who stole all pitta's TDs last week and cut pitta

so everyone should start pitta next week because now he's going to catch all the TDs

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    made a waiver claim on that TE daniels who stole all pitta's TDs last week and cut pitta

so everyone should start pitta next week because now he's going to catch all the TDs

o.0

id still rather have pitta than daniels but hey it's your team

Please consider the environment before printing this post.

o.0

i have witten for a standby veteran TE

figured might try and scoop up daniels while i can, incase flacco really is keen on him

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    r4dr3z wrote: »
    Well, he came after Sherman. Even if Sherman is going to shut you down, you can't be so predictable that you only throw it at one side of the field.

Eh, not really. Throwing scrimmage line passes to a guy who is screened by your other receiver (in active contact with the defense) isn't really "going after Sherman"

wbBv3fj.png

o.0

i have witten for a standby veteran TE

figured might try and scoop up daniels while i can, incase flacco really is keen on him

Ah, OK that's more reasonable. I thought you were chasing last week's points for your starting TE.

edited September 2014
    I'm pretty sure Pitta is like Flacco's real life best friend on the team soooo I'd still choose him

edit: example

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2012/01/06/pitta-flacco-success-fueled-by-friendship/

Element Brian on

Arch,
    I'm pretty sure Pitta is like Flacco's real life best friend on the team soooo I'd still choose him

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2012/01/06/pitta-flacco-success-fueled-by-friendship/

they look too much alike

flacco is bored

looking for something more exotic

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »

Eh, not really. Throwing scrimmage line passes to a guy who is screened by your other receiver (in active contact with the defense) isn't really "going after Sherman"

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-50620-sad-Richard-Sherman-on-ground-WVsn.gif

C8Ft8GE.jpg

they look too much alike

flacco is bored

looking for something more exotic

Poldy subscribes to the new york house wife theory with regards to who qbs throw the ball to, which explains why Peyton favors strapping black males.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Goumindong wrote: »

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-50620-sad-Richard-Sherman-on-ground-WVsn.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oabcM9SOF-E

• CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    The heat was a real factor in that game. As a guy who's lived in the heat for a good 15 years now, Texas and central Cali, if you're not used to it...it's really hard to deal with. When my Bay Area friends come out here to visit or go fishing...they wilt in 95 degree heat, let alone 120.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    'lol you think 65 is cold!'

Meh.

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Simpsonia wrote: »
    So.. the dumbest move of my entire league (PPR for the first year) was made by me, before the season even started. I drafted Sproles in like the 11th round, dropped him before the first game because I thought I needed someone else. On top of which, my RB2 Ellington goes and hurts himself. Sproles is now the #1 RB in my entire league...

Oh, and my current RB1, RB2, WR1, WR2, and WR3 are all on week 4 byes...

You dropped Sproles in a PPR league? Ouch. He's a top-20 guy in that format, and that was before Chip got his hands on him.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    'lol you think 65 is cold!'

Meh.

It's more like the Charger having to go up to Lambeau when it's 10F. Getting used to those temperatures takes time, time you don't have in a normal NFL week.

Cabezone on
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Eh, there were chargers having problems with the heat too.

Like getting used to it helps a certain degree, but the chargers just stayed in a hurry-up offense and wouldn't let the defensive squad off the field. That's just physically overwhelming after a while, your body simply can't deal with exertion in that heat.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    PantsB wrote: »
    My wife semi-met Hooman, meaning she's met three different Pats TEs at her job.

Did she meet Gronk?

Yeah this offseason, and Fauria years ago. He came with Ridley

ed oh well the facebook picture isn't working but you can hear her laugh after Gronk imitates Brady in Ridley's instagram

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Cabezone wrote: »
    The heat was a real factor in that game. As a guy who's lived in the heat for a good 15 years now, Texas and central Cali, if you're not used to it...it's really hard to deal with. When my Bay Area friends come out here to visit or go fishing...they wilt in 95 degree heat, let alone 120.

Killed the Pats against Miami too. But its part of the game. Its like when 49er fans were complaining about crowd noise in Seattle or playing in the cold at Lambeau or Foxboro

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Looks like I'm benching Nick Foles another week. Matt Ryan is playing Tampa.

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Well, down goes AP again. I'm guessing it's over for this year. Drove by Winter Park this morning and the media buzzards are already setting up satellite trucks again for coverage.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Who wants to guess what the three highest rated TV shows were last week?

Sunday Night Football
    Thursday Night Football
    Monday Night Football

As awful as the last few weeks have been for the NFL, they know we will still watch what they offer us. We can't resist. Yeah, there are a bunch of people who are rightfully upset with them, but there are still a buttload of people who don't really care too much either way. It will take more than some angry sportswriters and strongly worded PR statements from sponsors to get the league's attention. The NFL doesn't need to affect change in society, they just need to get us to stop throwing tomatoes at them.

Also, note how well the Thursday Night game did. This game that is so maligned for being of such poor quality each week managed to get better ratings for CBS than anything they have done in 7 years. Until the ratings go down, the NFL isn't really going to do anything to better anyone's lives. I was beginning to think that maybe these last few weeks might start to show some cracks in the shield, but it appears corporations will eventually win in the long run.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    ratings don't particularly care if you're watching in righteous indignation or watching with atavistic glee, just that you're watching

and America watches the NFL, even if it's terrible

hell, especially when it's terrible

edit: they want us to continue throwing tomatoes these tomatoes are helping

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Jester313Jester313 Registered User regular
    Guys. I have Tony Romo and Jake Locker at QB.

Would you try and trade Frank Gore for Kaepernick with Giovani and McCoy as your other running backs?

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Jester313 wrote: »
    Guys. I have Tony Romo and Jake Locker at QB.

Would you try and trade Frank Gore for Kaepernick with Giovani and McCoy as your other running backs?

Can you get Andy Dalton? He is still undervalued and has put up QB1 type numbers in like, 16 of the last 17 games.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    Cabezone wrote: »

Killed the Pats against Miami too. But its part of the game. Its like when 49er fans were complaining about crowd noise in Seattle or playing in the cold at Lambeau or Foxboro

120 is pretty high on the freak weather scale for San Diego with that humidity, it would be akin to the ice bowl or something of that nature. It was hot when I lived down in Cali but like a sunny 90+ degree day in seattle the 120 days were few and far between. Also lol at sad Sherman :)... sad he bit down on the receiver and not stayed wide for the interception.

• Metal JaredMetal Jared Mulligan Wizard Rhode IslandRegistered User regular
    Hey Fear and Loathing, feel free to pick up Adrian Peterson who I just dropped from my team. I'm assuming this awful shit always happened and it's just now we're hearing about it but what the fuck. I can't even imagine what a 4 year old could do to deserve that :(

BattleTag: MetalJared#1756
    PSN: SoulCrusherJared
    Hey Fear and Loathing, feel free to pick up Adrian Peterson who I just dropped from my team. I'm assuming this awful shit always happened and it's just now we're hearing about it but what the fuck. I can't even imagine what a 4 year old could do to deserve that :(

PRAGMATISM WINS TITLES

*scoops Adrian peterson*

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    In all honesty, 120-degree weather should mean the game is cancelled. These guys are wearing so much padding and clothing, and they are exerting themselves so much, that they could easily suffer from a heat stroke.

In all honesty, 120-degree weather should mean the game is cancelled. These guys are wearing so much padding and clothing, and they are exerting themselves so much, that they could easily suffer from a heat stroke.

Mariners played a game in texas where the stadium was like a 100 degrees, that just seems cruel as fuck to play a game even a slower paced one like baseball at temperatures like that, football that shit should be called or at least delayed.

pleasepaypreacher.net

It was 94 degrees.

I agree that 90+ in full pads does seem dangerous but you can sub a lot more in football than in other sports (and dudes were straight up getting IVs on the sidelines) so maybe it's not so terrible

Games should be postponed until crowd noise drops beneath 80 decibels, the players could get tinnitus

C8Ft8GE.jpg