As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Most difficult Pin to get from PAX 2014

Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
Hey everyone, just wondering what was, in your opinion, the most difficult pin to get at this year's PAX? I, for one, had a real tricky time getting the Order 1886 pin, but some looked like they would be even harder to get. Any thoughts?

FTC: honk.
FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner

• Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    From all the stories, I hear The order was the most difficult. I just got lucky three times. Some argument could be made for the Next Level

• Options
    dchoydchoy OregonRegistered User regular
    It was easily The Order: 1886. I wasn't even able to get one and I played the demo twice. I ended up just buying one off of eBay... >.>

I thought initially that Sunset Overdrive would be hard but then learned about the photo booth at the Paramount. I was so happy when I got first place the first time though; really felt it was some incredible feat, haha. If it was strictly getting first place out of 8 players then that would be up there as second hardest pin. I don't think Next Level was that bad, just time consuming. There were some tricks involved though. I didn't play Shadow of Mordor or Far Cry but I was able to get a stamp by saying I did.

PAX Prime attendee since 2008.

Another year of Prime gone by... commence the struggle!

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dchoy
  • Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    We covered this in the hideously bad recording of the Prime Live Podcast. Don't try and listen unless you are some kind of masochist.

The Order: 1886
    Next Level
    Tiamat
    Iron Horde
    Epic Tauren Chieftain

Because of the randomness of The Order giveaway, it was definitely the hardest. Neareida had her head on a swivel the entire time and was able to trade for this and the Iron Horde a good few times. It's the only reason I got mine and Manic's.

Next Level was a problem only because you had to play seven demos and look at three pieces of hardware. Because they were also running tournaments in the mornings, you couldn't do this before noon each day, and by then there were queues. I don't think I know anyone who didn't achieve this Passport by a method that doesn't fall under the "Social Engineering" category.

Tiamat was difficult only because the most common way to get one was to attend Acquisitions Incorporated. Plenty of people had to watch in the overflow sections and I don't think they got Pins. BUT, big improvement on the organisation of the hand out.

Iron Horde you needed to play HotS, which had a large queue and not nearly enough demo stations. Again, Neareida had that covered for me, but some people just had to rush the booth. ETC was similar, but at least the WoW line had plenty of demo stations.

• Options
    DeakonDeakon Registered User new member
    Tiamat wasn't that hard to get, as you could also do DND sessions to acquire it, just its demand was so high...

• Options
    Shadowscars22Shadowscars22 Registered User regular
    Pedro, you got Iron Horde and ETC mixed up in your post :P HotS gave ETC, which is a HotS champion, and you got Iron Horde by playing WoW.

Visit my website, thepintrader.com, the first Pinny Arcade store!
  • Options
    Most of the pins weren't hard to get, but compared to the difficulty of just walking through a line or dropping down cash, Tiamat was harder.

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Pedro, you got Iron Horde and ETC mixed up in your post :P HotS gave ETC, which is a HotS champion, and you got Iron Horde by playing WoW.

See what happens when I post late at night. Dammit.

And yes, the Tiamat was also available in Motif Hotel if you played a DND session. Something that only came out after the Acquisitions Inc Panel.

• Options
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    Something that only came out after the Acquisitions Inc Panel.

Inaccurate. A friend of mine gave me his Tiamat Pin that he got from playing D&D at the Motif on Friday.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I legitimately did The Next Level the first time I did it, or at least tried to for most of the games...

• Options
    Shadowscars22Shadowscars22 Registered User regular
    Qumaden wrote: »
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    Something that only came out after the Acquisitions Inc Panel.

Inaccurate. A friend of mine gave me his Tiamat Pin that he got from playing D&D at the Motif on Friday.

I think he meant not that is wasn't possible to get it on Friday, but rather that it was not well known and advertized until later in the weekend.

Visit my website, thepintrader.com, the first Pinny Arcade store!
  • Options
    Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    I agree, the Order pin was just nuts to get. Me and my friends went through the line twice, for a total of something like ten demo plays, and we got one. I had a feeling that one was gonna be the hardest one after I got it and put it on my lanyard, which triggered everyone to start coming up and asking for trades.

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • Options
    Sammy.SamSammy.Sam Registered User regular
    It also didn't hurt that the Order pin had a pretty interesting general design, giving it broader appeal. You could not care about the game but still enjoy the pin if you like Celtic knots. The Next Level on the other hand...I mean, outside of filling a hole in a collection, its one redeeming value is that you can put other pins on top of it and it looks like they have little Tron bodies. Try it with Tearaway, that's probably the optimal combo.

• Options
    CowpuppyCowpuppy Squirrel Squad (EAST) Registered User regular
    Sammy.Sam wrote: »
    ...its one redeeming value is that you can put other pins on top of it and it looks like they have little Tron bodies. Try it with Tearaway, that's probably the optimal combo.

This sounds like a lot of fun, actually.

Pins! Pins everywhere!
    Looking for Pins: DLC

There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?
  • Options
    miketraumamiketrauma Registered User new member
    I lucked out and got the order 1886 pin on one try my friends not so lucky

• Options
    SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    I had to get mine via trade. Tough pin and I couldn't do the line twice.