As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

This just in: Old games come to [Steam]!

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    By my calculations, @Forar got the thread's last Hail Hydra!, from @SoundsPlush. A piece of history.

Truly, a Hyrda that will Hail in infamy.

steam_sig.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    We'll always have @Slash000 and his Gamestop preorder ticket for Duke Nukem Forever

Didn't he end up getting some rad shit from Gearbox for that?

Last I heard, yes. His plight transcended the internet and Gearbox got a hold of him and gave him a bunch of stuff. Not sure if he had to pay for the game, though. I know the Gamestop he preordered at had shut down in the decade-plus since.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    @akajaybay took off my newest addition my wishlist.

9vJCseg.png

So much class! I'm completely blown away!

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    I want the Pop one to be this. (linked because animated and therefore probably huge)

http://i.imgur.com/ZwdXVRv.gif

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Oh man, 2010 Steam Threads are something.
    SteevL wrote:
    That reminds me, I wonder if we'll see a Black Mesa release by the end of 2011.

Suds wrote:
    This is all part of Valve's master plan to erase the PC gamer. Along with it, they erase the Mac gamer. Both are replaced with the Steam gamer.
    Valve to make first operating system intended solely for gaming! SteamOS coming Fall 2013! (2019 Valve time)

And lastly, my favorite:
    Im still waiting for HL2EP3.

So far away, and yet so very, very close.

What prompeted teh old thread reads? Also, I was compiling a list of all the threads. I stopped a while back though:
    https://onedrive.live.com/?gologin=1#cid=5DF158F70E64031A&id=5DF158F70E64031A!256

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Geth what is love

• SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Iolo wrote: »
    For more serious business, I think this is the roster of folks who received Borderlands: Pre-Sequel from God-Emperor Isy:

Sumanai‌
    minor incident
    Spoit‌
    Isorn‌
    CorriganX‌
    Pixelated Pixie"
    Berylline‌
    (and iolo!!!)

Did I miss anyone? Get anyone wrong?

I am unexpectedly awash in credit hours this month, and have decided to take 10/15 off to play BL:P-S. Any other Big Classy devotees, including the man himself, of course, want to do a big hunk of Isy Enthusiast Coop that day?

My friend list says 12 people own the game. I'm pretty sure most of them (if not all) are the result of Isy's doings!
    And I'm up for some Borderlands launch day coop goodness! :D

edit: wait, 15? My game unlocks on the 17th... checks wikipedia... DAMN YOU REGIONAL LAUNCH DATES!!!

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Targets chosen...

Weapons powered up...

Locked on...

Fire

Madican wrote: »
    Targets chosen...

Weapons powered up...

Locked on...

Fire

I havn't done anything. Have I? I posted in thread, these posts always scare me. I have no idea what is targeted...

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Geth what is love

Baby don't hurt me?

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    So I hear this Divinity Original Sin game is good.

Should I buy? Could always use more CRPGs.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    By my calculations, @Forar got the thread's last Hail Hydra!, from @SoundsPlush. A piece of history.

I do believe @The Dude With Herpes joined me in hailing Forar's four-year vindication.

We president now.

s7Imn5J.png
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Oh hell, @Madican just hit me with Starstorm. Quickly! Someone return fire! I must add Madi to...... The List.

camo_sig.png
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular

I do believe @The Dude With Herpes joined me in hailing Forar's four-year vindication.

We president now.

I sit corrected, I missed that one. My bad.

übergeek wrote: »
    Oh hell, @Madican just hit me with Starstorm. Quickly! Someone return fire! I must add Madi to...... The List.

Oh good, I'm sorry for you lose, but that means I'm safe. Now I won't say anything about popcorn. That went south last time. :)

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Is there a list anywhere of what Geth can do?

Close threads, recycle threads, hand out infractions based on lists of banned words (the severity based on a predecided "threat level" for the thread), ban individual posters from threads, and do dicerolls are all things I've seen Geth do, but I don't venture out of G&T much so there might be special uses in other forums (I am assuming dicerolls were created for Critical Failures, for example).

It also handles automated posting of recurring threads (like the Trenches ones), transforms into Robot Cupid during Valentine's Day, and I think it may also flag individual posts for review by human moderators as well.

I'll donate a six pack for the first Vanilla employee who codes a Robo Gaben that posts new regular sales (like weekends and midweek madness) in the Steam thread.

• Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    @Mudzgut hit me with Lost Horizon. Thanks so much!

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    It also handles automated posting of recurring threads (like the Trenches ones), transforms into Robot Cupid during Valentine's Day, and I think it may also flag individual posts for review by human moderators as well.

Don't forget random reactions to posts to mess with people.

s7Imn5J.png
    Now @Madican hits me with DmC: Devil May Cry. What is going on? Thanks!

• BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Thank you so much to @Mudzgut for Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery! <3 I thought this looked adorable, so it had to go on the wishlist. You really brightened my day with this surprise!
    1k03DKO.png

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    ...and I think it may also flag individual posts for review by human moderators as well.

I think these two might be linked.

I wonder when we're going to get codes from that AMD/Newegg fiasco the other day. If we register them before launch they'll count as a "preorder", right? I'm wondering if the Alien preorder stuff for TF2 might be worth a couple bucks on the market. If the items are worth more than $0.99 than that will mean I will have actually made money off of the purchase.

• Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    Geth what is love

Baby don't hurt me?

No more.

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular

I'm pretty sure that's part of his 'suspicious words list' or whatever they are using. I believe they've set him to be extra aware of 'violent' words. (This is entirely based on random observation, who knows)

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
    Man the next little while is gonna be awesome. Shadows of Mordor, Borderlands: TPS, Civilization: Beyond Earth. I only wish Batman was coming out sooner.

• MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    am i the only one relieved when they wake up and there isn't a gift bomb waiting for them?

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Looks like Shadowrun Dragonfall DC went live early for current owners and can be downloaded / played now.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I have no idea what these reactions stand for besides "Oh Snap!"

• IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Maguano wrote: »
    am i the only one relieved when they wake up and there isn't a gift bomb waiting for them?

I feel bad enough when a friend gives me something for my birthday.

Can I be gift-bombed time instead of games?

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    MuddBudd wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that's part of his 'suspicious words list' or whatever they are using. I believe they've set him to be extra aware of 'violent' words. (This is entirely based on random observation, who knows)

.....I am going to straight murder you
    r wishlists as soon as I have a job.

RoyceSraphim on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Well, that's weird.

Bought a game that was massively on sale on NewEgg a week or so ago, but couldn't activate the digital code on Steam since It said I owned it already.

Just got a e-mail back from Support, telling me why.
    Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We apologize for the delay.

You have already registered this DLC to your account:

Duke Nukem Forever: The Doctor Who Cloned Me

If you have any further questions, please let us know - we will be happy to assist you.

...da fuck?

(Yes, I own that DLC. No, that wasn't what I bought.)

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Congrats for @Pixelated Pixie‌ for having the most Hail Hydra! reactions.

(I'm not bitter for being second most)

YL9WnCY.png
  • MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular

.....I am going to straight murder you
    r wishlists as soon as I have a job.
    all hail geth

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    And this is why Google Fiber is awesome. I suspect they don't actually want to be a service provider, but nobody else is stepping up, so they're doing this to put some pressure on the cable companies.

And I think they fully intend to follow through. At least until the point where other providers spring up or older providers take notice and finally start doing some work.

I hope I'm right.

That's what blows my mind about the current telecom industry. I've lived in (the) Austin (area) for over 12 years now. It's been Time Warner and then later U-verse, or Dish if you hate yourself. They were fine offering their 10Mb/s and their 20Mb/s, but then, last year, Google announced Austin as the next hub for Google Fiber and all of the sudden they have the ability to offer GIGA POWER. It's all bullshit. I just hope and pray that Google Fiber makes its way to Round Rock (where I've lived for the last 8 years). I currently have 18Mb/s through U-verse, which is great about about double what I used to have before we bought a house last year, but I pay way too much and it's absolute shit compared to Google Fiber.

Anywho, just finished Dead Rising 3. It was great, but by the end I was ready for it to be over. Reeeeeeally disappointed when I started a new game at Chapter 1 and all of the survivors I had unlocked were no longer available. I guess you have to rescue them every time you reset the story, which really, really sucks.

Sir Carcass on
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

... and suddenly the meaning of the SNAP! button is clear to me.

:P

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I miss the good old days when men were men and hail hydra buttons were bro fists.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    The forumer who got the most So Ravens had their name changed. I wonder if that'll happen with the person who got the most Hail Hydras?

Hmm.... Hydralated Pixie...

has a ring to it

• MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    @Berylline‌ hit me up with some meteor hunting by a cute mouse!

ncPHZyg.jpg

MERCI BEAUCOUP!!!

Mudzgut on
    steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular

How are you tracking this......*actually looks at the fucking website he's been on for years*

There's POINTS?

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    The forumer who got the most So Ravens had their name changed. I wonder if that'll happen with the person who got the most Hail Hydras?

Hmm.... Hydralated Pixie...

has a ring to it

Egads. I've already had my named changed twice!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    It was a trap! @Mudzgut‌ sent me a friends request, but it was all a ruse to hit me with his zombie (pin)balls!

Thanks, man.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.