As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD HAS BEEN KRISPIED!

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    you actually don't have to heal or draw, because it's any time you would not any time you do

it's almost as though it's a joke card that doesn't make real sense

not taht I mind the debate haha

but you draw at the start of every turn which means you heal and draw and heal and draw at the start of every turn. chaos.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I think its referring to two Northshire Clerics and possibly a Holy Nova or Lightwell effect.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Kripp just streamed a 12-0 with one of the jankiest looking Paladin decks on the planet. But it actually worked amazingly well. The Cult Masters gave him ridiculous card draw and 3 Peacekeepers just neutered anything the opponent put out. Interestingly he drafted Divine Favor "just in case" but he never even used it in any matches because the Cult Masters just gave him so much mileage.

kDc6DLJ.jpg

• AustralopitenicoAustralopitenico Registered User regular
    I opened Velen and I'm having a blast in Casual with a Velen-Malygos bullshit priest. Sludge Belcher and Deathlord stall amazingly. I won several times doing 30+ damage in one turn (and lost a bunch, but worth).

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Nothing like having Velen survive his first turn, and then taking the opponent from 30 to 0 with Mind Blast, Mind Blast, Holy Fire on the next.

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Kripp just streamed a 12-0 with one of the jankiest looking Paladin decks on the planet. But it actually worked amazingly well. The Cult Masters gave him ridiculous card draw and 3 Peacekeepers just neutered anything the opponent put out. Interestingly he drafted Divine Favor "just in case" but he never even used it in any matches because the Cult Masters just gave him so much mileage.

kDc6DLJ.jpg

Whenever I draft janky decks, I win 2.5 games on average. I suck at Arena.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    That deck doesn't look janky to me at all. All the cards are good, except maybe Divine Favor. The curve is fantastic, though maybe a little bottom-heavy, but I certainly ran a lot of decks like that earlier in Hearthstone's history. People are better at fending off the aggro beats now in Arena from better understanding of curving and cards like Sludge Belcher, but yeah...

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    Opened two new cards in a single pack just now, Brawl and Ravenholdt Assassin! Funnily enough, two cards I have previously owned and dusted; great to have Brawl back. This comes off the back of a (second) Gorehowl and after I just crafted Alex, but if the game wants me to play control warrior I'm gonna have to have that Grom drop in my lap first!

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    Opened two new cards in a single pack just now, Brawl and Ravenholdt Assassin! Funnily enough, two cards I have previously owned and dusted; great to have Brawl back. This comes off the back of a (second) Gorehowl and after I just crafted Alex, but if the game wants me to play control warrior I'm gonna have to have that Grom drop in my lap first!

Or you can use warsong commander/raging worgen/cruel taskmaster. One more card but two less mana for the 12-damage combo. And you can even pack spares if you want! (hey, double force-roar is a thing that is run)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • kraughmarkraughmar Kingston, ONRegistered User regular
    Janky what? Man that deck is pure sweet value. 3 Argent Protectors and 3 Aldors? Sword of Justice? Sea Giant full with low drops.. That is a dream deck, and with a skilled player behind it I'm not surprised to see it go to 12.

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Can also add the zero-mana inner rage to that for an extra 4 dmg.

Two for an extra 8 and 20 dmg total!

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • rembrandtqeinsteinrembrandtqeinstein Registered User regular
    the game should really show your opponents deck, that way you can avoid wasting time on obviously bad matchups

edited September 2014
    So I found out Mill decks exist. Somebody used the card draw Murlocks in combination with Youthful Brewmaster, along with druid's board control to bleed me out.

Which....is still not as obnoxious as MtG Blue. I at least had the opportunity to spend my cards. Also, I was a Rouge, which I don't really use.

Cantido on
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Holy shit...I just had the perfect draw on Heroic Sapp and beat him on turn 11 with the exact amount I needed with 2 Thads, a Rocketeer, and a single swing of Arcanite with Heroic Strike. I am so happy right now. I can roll KT with ease after the patience I had the past 3 weeks working on Sapp.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Yea, that pally deck is amazing. The only thing it is really missing is some truesilvers.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i think kel'thuzad might be the most backbreaking arena legendary

liEt3nH.png
    I find it difficult to get value out of KT, but RDU just got insane value from him in that match vs Koyuki.

steam_sig.png
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    I find it difficult to get value out of KT, but RDU just got insane value from him in that match vs Koyuki.

I don't think he's that good in constructed

liEt3nH.png
    Yea, the lack of removal in arena is what makes him so powerful there, like most of the big guys.

steam_sig.png
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    ordinarily i don't like to rely on what da pros do but it's undeniable that a lot of the top players from Gaara to RDU have thrown KT in several decks, he's absolutely better than a 'win more card'. i agree he's not much of a swing card, but if you throw him on a contested board he's absolutely a gain huge advantage for a turn card. you're not only getting so called card advantage, you're getting tempo and board control all at the same time, on the turn you play him. 'does something for you the turn you play it' has always been the litmus on a big mana card.

i've been a fan for a while and i'm happy he's getting a chance to shine, and i'm lolling super hard at frodan who has been talking shit about the card for the past two days and just said 'I've always said Kel'Thuzad is amazing, it's just hard to fit him into a deck'

also: koyuki paladin, maybe more than any other deck, is my least favorite to play against too. it combines the boring dragged out slugfest of control warrior with the punishment for placing minions that hunters are known for. it's the worst of both worlds. and seeing koyuki getting slammed with a version of his own deck is more beautiful than words can describe

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    that said i think if blizzard successfully pushes the game towards board fights more kel'thuzad becomes much better

(so you're forced to spend money on their adventure naxxrama$$ i'm onto you bli$$)

liEt3nH.png
  • MrBeensMrBeens Registered User regular

KT + reincarnate + a taunt is hilarious

• TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Public service annoucement:

Fuck Spirit Wolves.

That's all.

edited September 2014
    ragneuroses

I like KT too. instead of losing minions when you trade, you don't for at least a turn. it doesn't fit anywhere but def in some decks. reynad was playing it as well in ramp druid. but I was convinced in my shaman deck... I like it more than say the duo that summons thad. granted that's two cards but it's something big and new.

he's not as auto include as sludge belcher or loatheb, certainly.

Variable on
  • KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    I, too, have trouble getting value out of KT. Same with Cairne. I've yet to see a KT played on my opponent's board that worried me, even against shamanigans. That might partially be attributed to the fact that I actually started running silences in just about every deck since Naxx hit.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
    edited September 2014
    Yea, I just got offered 8 fire elementals in arena.

6sy6fanjkm9d.jpg

Not shown: 1 earth shock.

12 wins?

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    so you're the fucker who kept me from getting offered a single fire ele or hex

liEt3nH.png
  • InqInq Registered User regular

6sy6fanjkm9d.jpg

12 wins?

I had a deck like that a long time ago, which went 9 wins when that was the limit. You don't have a lot of early minions, but you do have a lot of cheap removal. If you make it to turn 6 without being in terrible shape, the Fire Elementals ruin your opponent's day. Just be aware of overload on turn 5.

just did a pally draft, I passed up 2 humilities and 1 consecrate because I am foolish. the minions offered were just really good and it felt like that's the direction I should go but I ended up not getting offered more.

won the first game but we'll see where it goes.

I also took a watcher as my first pick because the other 2 were terrible and I thought I'd get at least 1 taunt or silence but I didn't :D

edited September 2014
    Not sure that there is any minion I wouldn't pass up for my first consecrate.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
  • TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    just did a pally draft, I passed up 2 humilities and 1 consecrate because I am foolish. the minions offered were just really good and it felt like that's the direction I should go but I ended up not getting offered more.

won the first game but we'll see where it goes.

I also took a watcher as my first pick because the other 2 were terrible and I thought I'd get at least 1 taunt or silence but I didn't :D

Always trust in Bomber. Never trust in Watcher.

teriferin#1625
    Not sure that there is any minion I wouldn't pass up for my first consecrate.

yeah definite mistake, I am lucky I got another

• Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    I just got wrecked in arena at 5 wins by the weirdest shaman deck.

me turn 1: pass
    him turn 1: dust devil, coin, dust devil

I ended up taking 18 from the dust devils before I could clear them, then he played some other junk including a wisp and a windspeaker, then he doomhammered and just swung at my face til I died. I don't think he hero powered once.

It was kind of a brilliant deck. Most people in arena expect shaman to play a bit on the slow side so they mulligan for value, and then he comes out swinging at them with this ridiculous windfury face deck.

Inq wrote: »

6sy6fanjkm9d.jpg

12 wins?

I had a deck like that a long time ago, which went 9 wins when that was the limit. You don't have a lot of early minions, but you do have a lot of cheap removal. If you make it to turn 6 without being in terrible shape, the Fire Elementals ruin your opponent's day. Just be aware of overload on turn 5.

Yea, I got to 5-0 over lunch. Twice I absolutely had to play a spell with overload on turn 5 with 2+ fire elementals in my hand. One game was a bit close at the start, but it blew out once I got past turn 7.

steam_sig.png
  • AustralopitenicoAustralopitenico Registered User regular
    Yesss, the 22nd draws close. I have everything I need and once the nerfs are through I will trash Leeroy, craft JARAXXUS, EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION and go handlocking.

On the other hand I may need to add a second Equality to my buffadin deck for all those handlocks. Or maybe a BGH.

I wish the heroes would act lile theyre playing a card game. It would fit in with the excellent intro.

I'm getting regular lag in hearthstone and starcraft 2. don't know what I did to make my internet mad, hasn't been an issue ever in sc2 or hearthstone. I pretty much can't play without accepting I may lose to not being able to play.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I swear Yolo Bomber has to be the single best card in the game just out of the situations it creates. I was watching Kripp's stream, and he had a taunt creature and a 3/1 Faerie Dragon on the board(his opponent had nothing). His opponent dropped a Bomber on turn 4. It threw one barrel at Kripp and two back at him. So he dropped another one.

It threw one barrel at Kripp and two barrels at the other Bomber.

The guy was presumably pissed, because he just started throwing himself(Rogue) at Kripp's Venture co. Mercenary until he was within Starfire range.

Donnicton on
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Yolo bomber hit Amaz' 4-2 enraged worgen in that tourney earlier this week and killed it.

That pretty much lost him tempo for the rest of the game afterwards.

It's a stupid card.
    (personally not a fan of rng)

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    I wish the heroes would act lile theyre playing a card game. It would fit in with the excellent intro.

DLC for voice packs of the secret-using heroes saying "You activated my trap card!"

blizzard makes millions [more than they already do]

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
This discussion has been closed.