As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Doom comes to [chat]

• ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    The plot of DS2 functions in such a fashion that it is inversely auto-relational.

The more you know about the plot of DS2, the less you actually know about the plot of DS2.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Gim wrote: »
    As a non-Dark Souls person, I have a question. Is DS2 a sequel in terms of an ongoing plot from the first game or is it more like "Here's some more ways to die in this world, enjoy"?
    The plot is only there if you care a lot about reading item descriptions and making speculative leaps so...the 2nd? Technically the 1st I suppose

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    sleepy

*yawns*

aRkpc.gif
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    There are too many options now. Snap, crackle, pop? How will I ever decide which is most appropriate? It used to be so easy to tell if something was So Raven... those were the days.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Aioua wrote: »
    I feel like we should do a seattle meetup but all us seattle folk would probably just stay home.

Seattle freezing ourselves.

A whole bunch of us hang out on a regular basis in little clusters, actually.

I hang out with Passerbye every other week, see Riemann at the bus stop, occasionally have awkward nods with Than, and sometimes there is a Feral and a Potatoninja.

Incenjucar on
    this is the level of 'plot' i got from my ds2 playthrough
    you need to open a door for reasons so you kill some dudes until you can open that door and then you can kill some other dudes to open another door and then you kill the final dudes and congrats you won

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    There are too many options now. Snap, crackle, pop? How will I ever decide which is most appropriate? It used to be so easy to tell if something was So Raven... those were the days.

someone is espousing this exact opinion on fox news

maybe they said "marriage" or "sexuality" but the forum dogwhistle was there

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    i can't be the only person that read every description of every item and armor piece i picked up

also bought/collected every unique piece of armor/item i could find

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    getting murdered in Baltimore used to be cool before tourists started showing up to get murdered there

"lol getting murdered in a convenience store just like Omar #thewire #omarcomin #baltimore"

override367 on
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    i can't be the only person that read every description of every item and armor piece i picked up

I didn't buy everything but I read all the things

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited September 2014

my typical playthrough of these indirect-storytelling pieces of media is to wait 2-5 years for the various competing fan wikis to be fully compiled and then just plow through let's plays on youtube

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    SiG I think I might be Matt Fraction Hawkeye for Halloween:
    2996455-hawkeye+009-019.jpg

stevemarks44 on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Did you just spoil the Wire, override? I'm only up to season 3.

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    I feel like we should do a seattle meetup but all us seattle folk would probably just stay home.

Seattle freezing ourselves.

A whole bunch of us hang out on a regular basis in little clusters, actually.

I hang out with Passerbye every other week, see Riemann at the bus stop, occasionally have awkward nods with Than, and sometimes there is a Feral and a Potatoninja.

My cluster is all old-guard enforcers.

But not those other old-guard enforcers.

SEATTLE!

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

someone is espousing this exact opinion on fox news

maybe they said "marriage" or "sexuality" but the forum dogwhistle was there

CNN had a "discussion" on corporal punishment for children that was pretty much that.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The new smash brothers is really good.

8 snaps, 8 crackles, but so far I am strangely deficient in pops. Did I ... did I do something wrong?

*downward spiral of self-consciousness*

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Did you just spoil the Wire, override? I'm only up to season 3.

you haven't finished The Wire?

WHY ARE YOU POSTING ON THE FORUMS RATHER THAN WATCHING THE WIRE

edited September 2014
    i couldn't tell you any of the ds2's major plot players' motivation off the top of my head

P10 on
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I kinda like that no one has met me. It's like I only exist on the internet!

...how very Seattle of me. :P

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    3p8ldETl.jpg

ySqnGiRl.jpg

@skippydumptruck‌

Can we be unemployable bros now?

Hurt less than the other ones until she got to the inside of my elbow. Fuck that place.

Super happy with it though.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Swype is still weird to me hmm but I will try it out for a bit I guess

poo
    Some dudes might actually be some other dudes but then it's like why would they even be the same dudes given the already however loosely established framework it sure doesn't make a whole lot of sense also what does it all mean and why in the flipping fuck is this steel shaft flammable

• GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Does DS2 not have an opening FMV that says "And such and such was defeated, but theeeeen" and then you go die for 70 hours?

• Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Swype is still weird to me hmm but I will try it out for a bit I guess

Swype is great. I went from an actual slide-out keypad to swype and never looked back. It's super fast.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    3p8ldETl.jpg

ySqnGiRl.jpg

@skippydumptruck‌

Can we be unemployable bros now?

Hurt less than the other ones until she got to the inside of my elbow. Fuck that place.

Super happy with it though.

Unemployabros

_J_ wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drC3KlXFqmM

• ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    i couldn't tell you any of the ds2's major plot players' motivation off the top of my head
    Most of the characters (especially ones that you can summon at various points to halp you fight things) have the same motivation as you: cure themselves of the curse before they become hollow. So their motivations are usually the same, it's just their backstories that are varied. Lots of different paths to the same place.

And the queen wants the throne, apparently giving whoever sits on it some sort of omnipotence? or something?

monster motivation is to eat you, they're hollow as fuck already

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    It'd probably take a bit of getting used to

This took me a lot longer to type than clicking would have done

I think

poo
    I feel like since I am starting a fresh run through Dragonfall, I should consider playing as something other than a decker.

But then, what is even the point of not playing a decker?

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

High five possibly not a real person buddy.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    I feel like since I am starting a fresh run through Dragonfall, I should consider playing as something other than a decker.

But then, what is even the point of not playing a decker?

Why be a decker when you can be a cybernetic ninja?

Gim wrote: »
    Does DS2 not have an opening FMV that says "And such and such was defeated, but theeeeen" and then you go die for 70 hours?

I think the opening FMV is mostly about how cursed your unlucky ass is, and some super vague and brief but still kinda neat description of the kingdom you're being drawn to

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    emnmnme wrote: »

8 snaps, 8 crackles, but so far I am strangely deficient in pops. Did I ... did I do something wrong?

*downward spiral of self-consciousness*

Oh crap, now I have too many pops. The balance has been upset!

• GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Meeting people is the first step towards never meeting people for a second time. I'm just not willing to take that chance.

Zephiran wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drC3KlXFqmM

I'll see you and raise you a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuxfQjJ-3DM

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    michael jordan is mengde

fuck gendered marketing
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    guys i got my first purp

it was an auto rifle even

it's like an smg, super inaccurate and fast firing

i'm in love with my purp

evilbob wrote: »

High five possibly not a real person buddy.

...oh

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    why is this thread not closed

what have the mods done

oh god, elki is playing destiny right now... i know cause i was just playing with him. NO ONE IS AT THE WHEEL OF THE SHIP

This discussion has been closed.