As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's [chat]

JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp.I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
IT'S OUT RIGHT NOW!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dintGYH1ftE

Twenty bucks American gets you one of the best RPG stories of the last five years along with rad turn-based tactical combat.

I guess Wasteland 2 comes out today as well? I'm curious to hear what it's like from bros who are playing it.

Video games! Sometimes they're actually kind of awesome.

rRwz9.gif

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    all hail the true successor chat

traced back to the original chat through chatpostolic succession

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    so i just got done with work and i feel like i should do something before bed but but idk what

hmm

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Watching a guy named pigbaby play a video game on tv while drinking tea

Make those mans good, pigbaby

• GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    I see no button with which to purchase this game.

Are you from the future, Kosh? Am I still devastatingly beautiful?

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    This thread could do more to raise winky awareness.

*puts on a rubber :winky: bracelet*

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    man im only about 10 weeks away from my av being seasonally relevant

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    i just started the default Shadowrun campaign

it seems a bit straightforward and on the nose so far

is it worth continuing?

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Jacob do Geth commands wear off after awhile?

I'm almost positive you ordered the robutt to recycle the last one

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    @Feral What do you know about using Memantine in conjunction with Amphetamines?

Memantine is apparently an NMDA receptor antagonist that was approved for treating Alzheimers but many have found that it helps take the edge off of Adderall and significantly reduces the rate at which you become tolerant to Amphetamines.

I'm visiting my new psych for the first time tomorrow and I'm considering asking to get put on it in addition to my Adderall RX.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    I will wait for the inevitable humble bundle

aRkpc.gif
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    Hello new chat smell

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Jacob do Geth commands wear off after awhile?

I'm almost positive you ordered the robutt to recycle the last one

they shouldn't, unless someone told geth to "stand down", which cancels all active geth features, including the recycle

I don't remember if I had scheduled a recycle or not but oh well, I totally wanted to make a chat for this game anyway.

rRwz9.gif
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    geth, stand down

aRkpc.gif
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    every chat page over 100 is an additional -1 to vassal opinion

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    @So It Goes‌ I think I am going to be Matt Fraction Hawkeye for Halloween maybe.
    2996455-hawkeye+009-019.jpg

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Yes dude

Yes

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

You really are too far gone, aren't you?

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

is it worth continuing?

The default Shadowrun campaign is less a solid thing and more a showcase of what the engine can do - it shoeboxes you into doing certain things at points because the game needs you to see all the options available, not just the ones on your character build's pathway

Dragonfall improves on this immensely

edited September 2014
    What's the movie where a guy is talking tough before he flicks a lit cigarette into another guy's eye before he starts beating him? I think Johnny Depp was in it.

EDIT: And the other guy was holding a gun or a weapon on the first guy.

emnmnme on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    What's the movie where a guy is talking tough before he flicks a lit cigarette into another guy's eye before he starts beating him? I think Johnny Depp was in it.

Deadman

steam_sig.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

is it worth continuing?

the base campaign gets more interesting in the last third but a combination of tech limitations (they didn't have the programming in place to do more complicated, non-linear savegame states yet) and the fact that it's largely an intro to the setting and a demonstration of the mission toolkit kind of muffle it as a story

I enjoyed it because the story's not bad, just very linear, but the expansion/sequel is a vast improvement in every respect - it's considerably freer, although in a Bioware sense, not an "open world" sense; there's more to do, generally, and you get a party to interact with and they're all really well-done, interesting people. I think I got about as invested as it's possible to get in characters who aren't voiced or animated but are basically little portrait icons and blocks of dialogue text.

I have a hard time thinking of a game expansion or sequel that was this vast of an improvement on the original.

rRwz9.gif
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    so i just got done with work and i feel like i should do something before bed but but idk what

hmm

I just won a 4v5 to break my 1-1 tie in promos to bronze 4.

Holy crap that was strenuous.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    @Feral What do you know about using Memantine in conjunction with Amphetamines?

Memantine is apparently an NMDA receptor antagonist that was approved for treating Alzheimers but many have found that it helps take the edge off of Adderall and significantly reduces the rate at which you become tolerant to Amphetamines.

I'm visiting my new psych for the first time tomorrow and I'm considering asking to get put on it in addition to my Adderall RX.

@winky I know literally nothing about this but this looks like a fascinating thing for me to read up on tonight.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    man im only about 10 weeks away from my av being seasonally relevant

Time to change it

Deadman

Dead Man?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112817/?ref_=nv_sr_3

I don't think I ever saw this one.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    My whole body hurts.

Why does my whole body hurt?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

I'might Roman Emperor (+15), Born in the Purple (+10), and from such a prestigious family newborns get the full +20 bonus.

My vassals can't touch me

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    i think this is a pretty accurate portrayal of me trying to figure out how to order coffee since i didn't start drinking until a few months ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBNOB7FkSSM

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
    So NPR today did a story on a small study that shows how artificial sweeteners cause the body to develop insulin resistance anyway. They think it's something to do with the microbiome being thrown off in your gut.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2014/09/17/349270927/diet-soda-may-alter-our-gut-microbes-and-the-risk-of-diabetes

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    My whole body hurts.

Why does my whole body hurt?

ok now I'm starting to think emnmnme might have a point about the :winky:

In the most recent Scandinavia game I played, my kids kept going off to serve in the Varangian Guard and coming back homosexuals

now I'm not saying that it was a choice and the Varangian Guard converts good, straight Swedes into depraved pervosexuals, but

• GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Regarding Dark Souls 1 being shit because skeletons:

The skeletons are the wrong way. That way is a dead end. You're supposed to go the other way.

Garthor on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    tumblr_na7l2x80fC1tv3r5ho2_500.png

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    I want to contribute to the sexist trope thread but I fear my post would go "As a victim of the Hollywood sexist megacomplex..." Lot of good points in there though. It's a swell read.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    Oh. It was Usual Suspects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5Dl-5IWKoU

I haven't watched that movie in years.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Evening folks,

Man TGS is starting out with a BANG

god games a goood.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

Deadman

Dead Man?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112817/?ref_=nv_sr_3

I don't think I ever saw this one.

in Trainspotting one character is making fun of another, and the crazy dude is pissed, flicks a cig at ewan mcgregor, and then chockes him up against a wall with a knife against his junk

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Oh. It was Usual Suspects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5Dl-5IWKoU

I haven't watched that movie in years.

I was going to say this, but no one gets beat up in that scene, so I figured you meant something else. :(

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    I want to contribute to the sexist trope thread but I fear my post would go "As a victim of the Hollywood sexist megacomplex..." Lot of good points in there though. It's a swell read.

Womans not allowed to discuss things.

It's the smaller than normal size brains. It's why we all know whales, with the largest brains, are the very most intelligent of all creatures on earth.

(translators note: 'normal' means 'male')

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
This discussion has been closed.