As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Steam] obscures your vision, but the Aliens are still there.

MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
edited October 2014 in Games and Technology
CH74Z.png

News: @Houn has made a hub for finding Steam Thread streamers: http://digitalarcanum.net/pastreamers/

Welcome to the Steam thread!

This is a pretty neat community of people who like to talk about video games, sales, digital distribution, hat economies, classiness and classholery. We enjoy long walks on the beach, digital hoarding, gifting, the suffering of longtime members, and raising money for charity.

QJkrjHM.jpg

TrXAw.png

This is a big, busy thread. There are some guidelines to keep things nice and orderly:
  • Be civil.
  • This thread is for Steam-related discussion. Try to look for other, more appropriate threads before discussing games or other topics in here. Let's not drain other threads of precious content!
  • If you feel someone's acting inappropriately, then quietly report the responsible parties to forum mods.
  • Don't post links to active kickstarters without prior mod permission. Forum-wide rule.
  • Linking your Steam profile in your sig will help community members find you, see what kinds of games you like, invite you to MP games, etc.
  • Do not beg for games.

We have two core Steam groups: Both of these groups have chat, and both are used sometimes to try to limit giveaways to community members. If you've just arrived, hang out here in the thread for a while and talk games with us before you ask for membership. When you do ask, include a link to your Steam profile. Steam name search is poop from a butt.

Penny Arcade is a general Steam group for folks from the PA forums.

PA G&T Adventure Team is a group that was originally created to get multi/coop going for smaller or older titles. Because it is actively moderated, a lot of folks use it as a giveaway group (to avoid problems we've had in the past with non-forumers scooping up gifts intended for the community.) Membership is locked during major sales.
HiT BiT wrote: »
Occasionally we also go on quests to slay a dragon and win the heart of a princess
The Newell needs those hearts (apparently they are used as power supply for the Steam servers).

FBalMdj.jpg

PA G&T Friday Night Game Fever!
@CorriganX‌ had this crazy idea of getting some folks together to play games and thus Friday Night Game night began. Each week a game is posted as the Friday selection and at 9pm Eastern/6pm Pacific we all get online and fire up some multiplayer action. If there is a big enough reception, a second round of the game is usually played on Saturday or Sunday at Noon Eastern/6pm Central European so our friends from across the big drink can join us without needing to pull an all nighter. The games are typically streamed by at least one or two folks for viewing as well.

Thanks to @HiT BiT for this awesome banner!
5As4jUe.jpg

Sometimes people gift games.
  • Don't feel that you have to gift games to be a part of this community. It's just one of many things that go on. Some people can give lots of games. Some people can give a game or two a year. Some people make amazing images. Some people find hidden indie gems and report about them. Some people relay amazing gaming moments. Some people report sales. Some people are hysterical. Etc. There are many ways to participate in this community. Gifting is just one of them and is not required.
  • If you run a contest, have entries PMed to you. The thread gets too cluttered otherwise. You can, however, post the winning entries.
  • If you receive a gift, then take a moment to thank the gifter. Use the notification system so they can see your thank you post! ( @NAME. Use quotes around names with spaces.) See below for an example.
  • If you win a Steamgifts giveaway, in addition to thanking the gifter, be sure to mark the gift as received on Steamgifts. You tie up a gift 'slot' for the gifter until you do.
  • In addition to contests, wishlist gifting, ninja gifting, revenge gifting, pile-on gifting and Steamgifts.com giveaways, we have the new [ codes ][ /codes ] tags which can fire off one or more Steam codes (or activation links). More info about [ codes ] below.

A Steam thread participant preparing for gifting...
DuoTRts.jpg
If you want to @ someone with spaces in their name, use quotation marks around the name so it looks like this:

JkmrvqB.png

Which will then turn into this:

GmuG58A.png

Oh, and if you quote text that has an @alert in it, please take a moment to remove the @ (unless you really want that person to get another notification.) Sometimes we get to chatting and someone will get 3, 4, 5+ notifications all at once.

Rare footage of a gift fight in action...
cHvcZKg.jpg

vEerB.png

Steam sales are legendary. From small to honking massive:

Daily Deals: One game a day goes on sale at 10am PT for 24 hours.

Midweek Madness: Starts 10am PT Tuesday and ends Thursday afternoon.

Weekend Sale: Starts midday Thursday and ends with the sale rollover Monday. Sometimes accompanies free play weekends for MP titles.

Publisher Sale: Many of the publishers games will get a modest discount with a single title or franchise getting a featured day with a deeper discount. Follow the big sale guidelines.

Seasonal Sales: Mardi Gras time here in the thread. Huge swaths of games go on discount, with daily specials, flash sales, community vote sales, and whatever else the evil geniuses at Valve cook up to separate us from our money. There are often metagames such as sale achievements or collectibles or other madness that rewards buying, playing and gifting games and participating in Steam's community. The summer sale usually starts in the last week of June and runs for two weeks, and the Winter sale usually runs for two weeks across Christmas and New Year's.

Other retailers like Amazon and Green Man Gaming get into the act now too, so there are often great values to be had during sales for Steam-activatable games from other sites.

Seasonal Sales are basically a big deal around this thread.

7xy5i.png

Important Note: If you are waiting for a particular game, be sure to mind the countdown timer on the game's store page. Starting Winter 2013, the last day of the sale was just a recap of top sellers. Most games went back to full price.

FtFG8.png

How do I join the Steam groups?
Membership to the two Steam groups is for reasonably active community members. If you have been on the PA forums for a while and have participated, post a link to your Steam profile here in the thread and a Steam group mod will take care of you.

If you've been on the forums for three days during a major sale and your only posts have been to casually express your strong desire for certain games, your request is unlikely to find a positive reception. Ditto if your very first post on the forum is to ask for group membership. Sadly this does happen sometimes.

The best parts of this community are available to you now just by showing up. Read some posts, make some posts, ask to be invited as a guest to chat, buy some games, play some games, etc. Group membership is modest icing on delicious cake.

Warning: This guy's going to make you buy games. All the games.

HXxJbR7.png

Where are you guys getting those nifty Steam Signatures?
Check out Alabaster Slim for his lovely signature generator.

Has Game X ever been Price Y? How can I keep track of all the sales and discounts?

http://isthereanydeal.com/ is your friend. You can sync your Steam wishlist to it if you like and get notifications when prices drop. Double check that you are getting a Steam key from a 3rd party site before buying.

How do the new [codes ][ /codes] tags even work?

Put a series of Steam activation codes (or activation links, or movie quotes, or winning lottery numbers...) inside the tags, each on its own line like this (without the spaces inside the brackets, of course):
[codes ]code 1
code 2
code 3
code n[/codes]

That will create a little box with a clickable link and a number. Each forumer who clicks the link will get a popup and a PM with the next line. Each line can only be sent out once and each forumer can only click once. It was originally designed to allow developers to hand out lots of codes for a game without some goose grabbing the lot.

Just one code thingy per post!

Note: [ code ][ /code ] is a different tag. Be sure to get that "s" up in there!

Trading cards? Badges? Steam profile levels? Boosters? FOILS?! What the hell?
Some games (more every week) now have trading cards. You can earn some of these cards by playing/idling the game. Some of them you'll need to get by trading or buying them from the Steam community market. Completing a set lets you craft a badge, which gives you an emoticon, a profile wallpaper, a coupon (usually) and profile experience. Leveling up your profile increase your friend cap, earns you customization options for your Steam profile and, allegedly, increases your chances of getting a booster. Boosters are packs of three cards that show up in your inventory sometimes. You can open them or sell them on the market. Sometimes cards are foil. Each game has a regular badge with five levels and a single-level foil badge. Oh, and you must be a certain level to get your card drops.

But that's pure, diabolical evil!
Yes, that's right.

Can we trade cards in the thread?
You can but it's inefficient. Use the Steam feature that shows you which of your friends has the cards you need. Oh, and join the Steam group we created for trading cards: PA Card Sharks

Also check this handy tip:
HiT BiT wrote: »
A little Steam trading trick some of you may not be aware of:

-Go to your Steam Inventory
-Click on the "Trade Offers" button
-Then click on the "Who can send me Trade Offers?" link
-Below you will find a "Trade URL"

You can share this URL with other Steam users to allow them to directly send you a trade offer even if they aren't on your friends list.
You can share this URL anywhere, including your forum sig.
If you have shared or posted your URL and would like to stop receiving trade offers from it use the "Create New URL" button. A new Trade URL will be created turning the previous one inoperative.

AG8I4O9.jpg

Is Steam down?!
Is it Tuesday? It's probably scheduled maintenance.

It's not Tuesday. Is Steam down?!
http://issteamdown.com/

What are you people talking about? Why hats and what is an "Isy?"
Check out the handy Steam Thread Primer, written by @Smokestacks!
Steam Thread Primer:

Gaben/The Newell - Gabe Newell, Director of Valve Software. Called "Gaben" because in the commentary for older Source Engine games he would tell players to email him at "Gabe N. at valvesoftware.com" with user feedback.

Serve the Newell - To buy games on Steam, to give Gaben your money. From this comic edit.

Bad Rats - An incredibly awful 'physics' based puzzle game, available on Steam, notorious for being as awkward as it is broken. Will haunt your dreams. Popular gift to give to people.

Class - An attribute demonstrated by people who will generously purchase games and then give them to internet strangers.

Class War - When two or more forumers buy each other games back and forth until one of them gives up. I know this sounds really crazy, but it happens.

Bundle - Originally the Humble Indie Bundle, which was a "pay what you want" system for a group of games, now usually means any website selling a group of games (usually able to be registered on Steam) for a low price.

Giveaway/A Giveaway - Usually refers to a giveaway on Steamgifts.com, a website where you list a game you want to give away, people enter, and then a winner is randomly decided among all entrants after a set time period.

Hats/The Hatconomy - The purchase and sale of in-game hats or sometimes other items in TF2. Some hats are very valuable, which is funny because they are just hats for videogame characters. People who have valuable hats or other items in their inventories sometimes get messages from random people on Steam begging for those items.

Backlog - The list of games you have purchased, but have not gotten around to playing yet. Tends to grow over time, often to immense proportions. If you do not have a backlog yet, between the thread and the sales you will get one.

Spies/Russian Spies - People who lurk the thread or try to get into the various PA Steam groups not to participate in the community, but to try and get free games.

Steamsigs - Custom forum signatures that display a link to your Steam profile, as well as an image of a game you are currently playing, have played the most in the last two weeks, or have played the most over all time (if you haven't played any games on Steam in the last two weeks). Available here courtesy of forumer Suds. Having a Steam sig (or some sort of clickable link to your Steam profile in your signature) makes it considerably easier for people to add you to their friends list.

Child's Play - A charity started by the writer and artist behind PA that raises money for videogames/toys that go to children's hospitals, originally started in '03, has grown every year. Helps sick kids feel better about their time in the hospital while simultaneously refuting the idea that gamers are antisocial jerks.

Isy - Big Classy, a forumer. Formerly known as "Big Isy", he was granted the new name after donating a hefty amount of money to Child's Play during a fundraiser. Sometimes referred to as Isy, which might cause confusion to people who haven't been around very long.

Summer Dale - A phone's auto-correction of "Summer Sale", which through some sort of internet voodoo produced an actual entity, a smooth voiced funk loving man who lives in a world where the 80s reign eternal and supreme. Also sometimes used to describe the upcoming Summer Sale itself.

Rainbow and/or Slash - Two forumers by the name of Rainbowdespair and slash000 who are notable for developing the third and fourth installments of the Penny Arcade: On the Railslick Precipice of Darkness series. Also developed Breath of Death VII and Cthulu Saves the World, two RPGs that, along with the Rainslick games, are available on Steam.

Also, sometimes shit gets real. Like that time we all murdered each other for bloodsport games. And there was a kabob conspiracy and a kind of Cthulhu bunny. @akajaybay took us down that particular rabbit hole. ;)

Why are you people obsessed with Bad Rats and Amnesia?
A moment of ill-advised swagger from anoffday turned into a horrifying LP of Bad Rats which, because reasons, turned into over $6000 raised for Child's Play.

CorriganX raised over $1100 for Child's Play via Amnesia.

We raised $11,903 dollars for charity in December!. Wowzers!
Fanda wrote: »
For our Christmas fundraiser to restore TychoCelchuuu's threadmaking privileges (and help the kids), I donated to Toronto's Hospital for Sick Children. This week I received a nice letter from them! I figured I'd share part of it with y'all, since this applies to all of you at least as much as it does to me.

1tKH5n0.jpg

What is this Steamgifts site? I wish to create a giveaway! I cannot enter a giveaway!
Steamgifts is a neat site that lets people create giveaways for games on Steam. Points for entering giveaways are accumulated over time, so just wait a bit if you need points. Entry to giveaways can be limited by Steam group membership to prevent mooches from getting games.

How do I make one of those cool Steam Gifts signature giveaway banners?
sy4TZKS.jpg

What are all these bundles you people keep talking about?
In addition to Steam sales and sales of Steam keys on other sites and gifts, we live in a golden age of bundles! Bundle sites sell batches of games for modest amounts of money, often as low as a few dollars. Many, but not all, contribute to charity and many, but not all, give you Steam keys for the games. Sometimes you'll buy an indie gem that isn't even on Steam, and later when arrives on Steam you will get a key through the bundle site. Be careful if you plan to gift some of the games, as sometimes the bundled games will come in a single Steam key. We have a separate bundles thread.

I have too many games! Which do I play?
Steam Roulette randomly picks a game for you to play.

I have too many games! How do I move them to my new hard drive?
Steam Mover makes transporting your massive library much easier.

But wait! I have ALL OF THE GAMES installed! I need more space on my hard drive! wat i do?
You download Tikione Steam Cleaner and clean up that shit

Okay that helped. Now I have more room for stuff. Free stuff.
Isorn wrote: »
Someone on a steam forum made [url="http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/29711524/#Comment_29711524"a nice list of all free DLC you can add to your steam account[/url] if you have the base-game but that thread is currently not available so I figure I post it here. Since it is pretty easy to miss some of these.

The sale prices aren't right! What's going on?! Oh God, the darkness is closing in...
During the seasonal sales, you are one of a million monkeys hammering F5 at 10am PT to see the new sales. The system is always borked for 5-20 minutes. Take a deep breath. The Newell will deliver, and the new dailies will be available for 48 hours.

Why are some games not available in my region?
Publishers determine what countries get what games. Someone in a suit decided that it wasn't worth the money to make the game available to your region, so it isn't available on Steam. This also applies to cases of games having edited/censored versions showing up on Steam in certain countries. The good news is that you can generally get around this by having someone from another region gift or trade you the game.

Steam is downloading slowly. What gives?
You can head to Steam -> Settings -> Downloads + Cloud and change your download region until things improve. Since other regions are typically less populated, you will probably get somewhat better results even if the new server is in another country.

The Steam thread has a proud tradition of marrying our love of Steam and Penny Arcade in comic edits:

steamregulator.jpg

GALLERY OF EDITS:
aSk8AG9.jpg

aRGlP3q.jpg

9TMSa4K.jpg

PYjq4jb.jpg

PIB2a8t.jpg

iiYKGKcEuBpMA.jpg

iBMvqqtVLFGQA.jpg

inByKXRaayKRe.png

jLuh0Pk.jpg

isUW4BUY7nMzO.jpg

Q0oMnZf.jpg

ibdcvjc2MO3gTb.png

ih0Zpm1ZB2fRu.jpg

ibxLHlG35kActf.jpg

WJCwEce.jpg

n6r4F.jpg

tMRzb.jpg

xHlDY.jpg

JG9rG.jpg

steamgifting.jpg

coupons.jpg

P9CBk.jpg

steamprayer.jpg

trainsj.jpg

LHrXd.png

l4W8s.jpg

utsgVf8.jpg

OzUXXKz.png

t514P8g.jpg

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
Mudzgut on

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Yay new thread.

Guys don't forget HAWKEN tomorrow at 6:00 PM Pacific.

Make sure to fire it up beforehand so you can do the tutorial and add SmokeStacks to your friends list.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hmm... may have to show up for that. HAWKEN's decent. (Wouldn't call it great, since I feel the curves are turned up a bit high in the "twist the knife into the free player's guts" area, but)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Hmm. Seems to be a new trend. My Steam client just froze up, and when it came back I had 6 new items in my inventory. Mostly coupons, but also apparently an extra copy of Heavy Bullets.

Contraption Maker did the same thing, giving a free copy to people who bought it on Early Access.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I want a damn checkbox in my steam account that makes it so the only coupons I get are for games on my wishlist.

Alternately, and actually probably better, would just be a way to delete the damn things.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Almost every one of the big games on my wishlist is coming out sometime next year. Which should give me time to actually get some money again, if I don't spend it all on power laces and hoverboards.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I get PTSD flashbacks when my steam freezes

steam_sig.png
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Hmm... may have to show up for that. HAWKEN's decent. (Wouldn't call it great, since I feel the curves are turned up a bit high in the "twist the knife into the free player's guts" area, but)

HAWKEN is extremely friendly in terms of being a free to play game. The only thing that can only be bought with MC (the "premium" currency) are cosmetic items like mech camos and parts. Everything else is grindable, and while buying a new mech with in-game currency takes a decent amount of time to do (enough that it really requires you to think about which mechs or weapons you want to buy) it is nowhere near as bad as MWO or WOT from what I hear.

Also, while other mechs are better for specialization, the starting mech that everyone gets is the most well rounded mech in the game. The SMC and TOW rocket is the strongest mid range weapon combo in the game, and it has the best general purpose special ability in the game as well (being able to dump your heat means that you can shoot longer than the other guy in a firefight). It has decent armor, is quick, and has a solid radar range. If Hawken really was pay to win than the starter mech wouldn't regularly top the scoreboards the way it does.

It really needs more game maps and game modes though. The maps is has are really nice, but it would be nicer if there were more. Also, it's really hard to find people to do co-op bot destruction with, and when you do find people they're usually shitters.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    The old thread link re-directs to old thread.

But enough about that, lets talk again about Carrier Command: Gaea mission. I finally hit the point where I enjoyed the FPS section, and that's when I'm walking over the island. Free of the corridors, traversing hills, avoiding patrols, its almost like I'm playing a good single player version of ARMA.

If I could choose the FPS sections island by island, rather than have them forced upon me by the story, I would enjoy them more. It kind of reminds me of FarCry 2 (don't have 3 yet) and would me a very nice sequel to have a black ops team to selectively deploy on harder islands. Balance would be an issue to keep your cyberpunk freedom carrier from just sending in the troops, but I'm sure some fire breathing blood dragons would help secure the islands against cybercommandos........

I just got several games mixed up to form something awesome in my head.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Well, Wasteland 2 should be up in about an hour and a half and I can't go to bed.

Should be amusing to see what kind of character bios I can write in a dazed sleep deprived state.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Holy shit, that Polygon version of a Giant Bomb Quicklook someone linked last thread on Gauntlet is agony. I skipped around and every part I landed on, the guy was still trying to do his "funny" voice or the other guy was laughing at it. I'll just wait for GB or someone to cover it.

s7Imn5J.png
    edited September 2014
    Having trouble connecting to Steam.

Brian Fargo has brought the Newell to his knees.

Dr. Chaos on
    Holy shit, that Polygon version of a Giant Bomb Quicklook someone linked last thread on Gauntlet is agony. I skipped around and every part I landed on, the guy was still trying to do his "funny" voice or the other guy was laughing at it. I'll just wait for GB or someone to cover it.

If you're into that podcast the McElroy Brothers do, it's very much in that vein.

But yes, nobody ever said Polygon was a threat to Giant Bomb when it comes to personality driven gameplay videos.

steam_sig.png

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Or you could just

y'know

serve the Newell

YL9WnCY.png
  • cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Having trouble connecting to Steam.

Brian Fargo has brought the Newell to his knees.

It's been down for 20 minutes or so.

cckerberos.png
    edited September 2014

Jeeze man, no kidding. That was just terrible.

It seemed like the first couple minutes the other guy was politely trying to tell the guy with the "hilarious" voice to shut the fuck up, but after he didn't stop he just accepted it.

Videogame journalism is fucking awful.

Pretty sure this thread could do better look/review/whatever videos in our sleep.

Gauntlet looks so rad though, I can't wait to for co-op.

SmokeStacks on
    Let me be clear, the FPS sections of CC:GM are only not fun when I pull the trigger on the massless guns and go through the stale corridors, the problem is, most of the missions involve shooting those massless guns in stale corridors.

Also, I think wasteland 2 crashed my copy of CC:GM.

• BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Missed 2 threads. It's been a month since I posted. Work has been eating the little time I get to Engineer in SPAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEE!

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    Yup Steam is down for me too.

My friend is pretty pissed about the SDF-9 news. Be wary of early access games, I guess.

YL9WnCY.png
    The two dudes are brothers, so their relationship in that video is probably less contentious than you'd assume.

But yeah, Justin McElroy spent the entire video doing schtick instead of showing the damn game, so that's a problem. Overview is usually much more informative. Not particularly funny, but they never really try to be.

steam_sig.png

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I started my RE:velations playthrough tonight, and the game is surprisingly bad. It's not even at RE5 standards. It's clunky with it's dodge mechanic and (sometimes) melee attacks, the writing is just laughable, 2-3 hours in and I still have no idea what's going on in the story. Then I get stuck on the first boss because he soaks all my fully loaded guns/grenades/gas tanks laid out specifically to stun him. Not to mention he has an infinite amount of spawning enemies helping him out. At least I was having a little fun until this fight.

The RE:velations 2 trailers look great and I had high hopes because revelations was supposed to be "good" ...but man, where did my favorite survival horror puzzle series go?

For the extra curious here's a video of it, it's just a giant mess where you're soaking all of your hard earned ammo into one fight. This guy even gets lucky and kills him with his last bullets:
    :rage: CAPCOMM!

My friend is pretty pissed about the SDF-9 news. Be wary of early access games, I guess.

You know, it's almost as if splitting your already small company into several teams for game jams ends up leaving you with several game ideas/games that your company won't have the resources to further develop.

Though in this case, a lot of people seem to be bummed/pissed because the project lead for SpaceBase seemed to be implying all along that he and his team would work on the game for far longer than this.

Oh well, I guess all of Double Fine's games can't be winners.

steam_sig.png

edited September 2014

What news, I only see that it's going live. Is that bad news?

EDIT: Oooooh..
    We’ll of course be sticking around a bit for bug fixing and support, but any new content for the game will now be in your hands

Yeah. Ok. Won't be in any hurry to pick that up then.

The Dude With Herpes on

The game went from alpha to 1.0 when no future content updates planned, but the possibility is there should sales warrant it. The 1.0 patch is just adding a few very basic things like a tutorial, and according to my friend the game is hardly feature complete (as if jumping from alpha to launch didn't imply that).

YL9WnCY.png
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    My inner dork is pretty interested in poking at the source though.

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    I sure wish I knew what was in my inventory with these two new notifications, steam community still busted.

edited September 2014
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    I sure wish I knew what was in my inventory with these two new notifications, steam community still busted.

coupons.

Most people have been getting them.

EDIT: Crackled by Geth....its responses make even less sense now.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    BUT WHAT COUPONS?

I must know what three things I'll probably never buy.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
    More than likely two 25% off coupons for Heavy Bullets.

I just want to see a fucking comment, is that too much to ask?
    I started my RE:velations playthrough tonight, and the game is surprisingly bad. It's not even at RE5 standards. It's clunky with it's dodge mechanic and (sometimes) melee attacks, the writing is just laughable, 2-3 hours in and I still have no idea what's going on in the story. Then I get stuck on the first boss because he soaks all my fully loaded guns/grenades/gas tanks laid out specifically to stun him. Not to mention he has an infinite amount of spawning enemies helping him out. At least I was having a little fun until this fight.

The RE:velations 2 trailers look great and I had high hopes because revelations was supposed to be "good" ...but man, where did my favorite survival horror puzzle series go?

For the extra curious here's a video of it, it's just a giant mess where you're soaking all of your hard earned ammo into one fight. This guy even gets lucky and kills him with his last bullets:

There's a boss like that in RE4, when you're on New game plus, you can just buy the rocket launcher kill him in one hit.

I got a 75% off coupon for that Raven game. Probably one of the first useful coupons I can remember getting.

steam_sig.png

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I just want to see a fucking comment, is that too much to ask?

There's a boss like that in RE4, when you're on New game plus, you can just buy the rocket launcher kill him in one hit.

I also read that there's a sniper rifle that I missed before this fight which helps out a lot, but really the way the game was going I'm not even sure if it's worth diving back into it.

I'm playing Resident Evil 6 with a buddy and it's... not great. Like, not as bad as we were lead to believe, but RE5 was a much better co-op game.

Son of a bitch.

The worst possible time for Steam to go down. Hope somebody's head explodes like a blood sausage for this.

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    @berylline is so awesome! How awesome? She just gifted me the season pass to Shadow of Mordor! The timing is amazing since at work last night, got a text from my bro that I'm an uncle! (again). SO EXCIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE. Babies are the best!

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    I was going to ask how good Arkham Origins is for a late night impulse purchase but looks like I'll get to sleep on it.

Hey I got my inventory page to come up!

1! 2! 3! 3 Coupons! Ah ah ah.

Karoz wrote: »
    I was going to ask how good Arkham Origins is for a late night impulse purchase but looks like I'll get to sleep on it.

Depends on how much you liked Arkham City. The "more of the same" comments aren't wrong. It's Assassin's Creed: Revelations to the previous games' Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood.

Neo Scavenger
    Survival Time: 20.09 hours.
    Player has frozen to death.

Final Moments:

Player is resting.
    It is now Dusk
    ** End Turn **
    Resting...
    ** End Turn **
    Resting...
    ** End Turn **
    Resting...
    Player is thirsty.
    Player has severe hypothermia.
    Player is in a campsite with an average sleeping bag.
    Not enough moves left this turn.
    It is now Night
    Player is unable to see well in these conditions, making activity difficult.
    ** End Turn **
    Not enough moves left this turn.
    ** End Turn **
    Player is tired.
    ** End Turn **
    Player is weak with thirst.
    ** End Turn **

Player is barefoot, and cannot travel as easily.
    Player suffers from near-sightedness.
    Player has trouble staying asleep, and sleep is less restful.
    Player is tough, can take more of a beating than most, and recovers faster.
    Player is strong, and can carry more than most.
    Player is skilled in trapping and snares.
    Player is knowledgeable in plants.
    Player has a high metabolism, and consumes food and water faster than most. However, Player also recovers faster from wounds and illness.
    Player is skilled in medical procedures, which increases rate of recovery from wounds.
    Player is skilled in lockpicking.
    Player is skilled in hand-to-hand combat. Player is more effective when using melee weapons, and they degrade slower.
    Player's hunger is sated.
    Player is unburdened by what Player is carrying.
    Player has a normal circulation of blood.
    Player is not experiencing any pain.
    Player's immune system is healthy.
    Player has not acted significantly more evil nor good.
    Player is wearing the protective talisman.
    Player is wearing a wrist strap from Gyges Cryo Facility.
    Player knows that the creature coming down the hall was a dogman.
    Player is using an optical magnification device.
    Player has previously returned to the cryo facility.
    Player has previously discovered exam room 17.
    Player has painful blisters on their foot.
    Player has already taken the sleeping bag from the car.
    Player is unable to see well in these conditions, making activity difficult.
    Player is tired.
    Player is weak with thirst.

FUCK! That's what I get for running around without a shirt on in the post apocalypse.

This discussion has been closed.