As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Camp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Lah Dee Dah

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited September 2014 in Camp Weedonwantcha

imageCamp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Lah Dee Dah

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• KarumacKarumac Registered User new member
    I guess it worked. Go figure.

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Poor Ratkid.

• Ellie PapaEllie Papa Registered User new member
    Haha, oh man, just when I was getting kinda tired of this arc. Despise its great moments its been long.
    Damn, Malachi can be mean spirited. I SO identify with him in many things, the lies, the insecurity...

Also, this is my last attempt to share this, if it's not wanted I get the message:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/74bt3czjmieaj3w/AAAXMyni0PYMIcM1Q3csToe9a?dl=0

• ReplicanttenReplicantten Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Poor shocked Ratbert, stabbed by wordly knives and now consoled by dunker.

Very strange words from Seventeen, as it was just recently made obvious to all that Malachi had nothing to do with the lion. Just her frustration or this comic is taking a very metadimensional- and existential approach. It is true that laughter banishes many demons and much evil but that does not apply to physical lions... unless you tell them a really good joke. If it is extraordinarily good, you might even make it to lion apprentice.

Funny prancing though, maybe it was too sugary for the majestic siege cat. Nah, shes just sieging out of plain sight or driven away by something that is yet unseen.

Replicantten on
    Ellie Papa wrote: »
    Haha, oh man, just when I was getting kinda tired of this arc. Despise its great moments its been long.
    Damn, Malachi can be mean spirited. I SO identify with him in many things, the lies, the insecurity...

Also, this is my last attempt to share this, if it's not wanted I get the message:

https://www.dropbox.com/

Nasty script or virus link, don't anyone click that.

• MusicalorisMusicaloris Registered User new member
    Found the Cat! :)

• Ellie PapaEllie Papa Registered User new member
    edited September 2014
    Oh never mind.
    Anyway, found the cat too.

Ellie Papa on
  • jasarienjasarien Registered User regular
    Haha, his face in the last-but-one panel, that sudden realisation of "oh crap it worked..."

• SakeofargumentSakeofargument Registered User regular
    I bet that box has a tablespoon of butter and a quarter cup of milk.

• AlexxAlexx Registered User regular
    ...hmm...that's a good point. Eventually I WILL be just a skeleton. And bones ARE cool.

• metfanscmetfansc Registered User regular
    Malachi is not having a good day

Kitty Tip
    Kitty is a friend of the mountain lion dontcha know

• Shad034Shad034 Registered User new member
    There's nothing wrong with Ellie's fan art link to dropbox. Some of it is quite good as well.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2014
    Ellie Papa wrote: »

https://www.dropbox.com/
    Nasty script or virus link, don't anyone click that.
    As of my posting this, the link in question appears to be a link to some collection of fan art not all by the poster. In your quote, it's just a link to dropbox. If you want, PM me why you think it's a virus.

zerzhul on
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Well, Malachi just crossed the line. He can make fun of Ratbert or be mad at Tanner all he wants, but how dare he make fun of adorable Seventeen. Loved her reaction though.

• TrueStopwatchTrueStopwatch General Nuisance MassachasattsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    See? This is where a positive attitude gets you in life. (Not eaten by lions.)

TrueStopwatch on
  • periazhadperiazhad Registered User regular
    I am laughing so hard right now.

• hajenhajen Registered User regular
    oooooooor....
    puma may remember what his momma always said:

a kid in the bush (Tanner) is worth two (or thirteen or whatever the actual number is) in the cabin.

• SargeSarge Registered User regular
    That was a hard cat-find.

Also: What if the mountain lion is still out there, but it's just hiding in a bush, waiting for some campers to come out so it can pounce. Cats do that y'know.

• MikeJK MikeJK Registered User new member
    edited September 2014
    I don't know if this has been said before but your style of storytelling in this comic reminds me of Peanuts. It's not just the children, though that is part of it, but the cruelty the world, and they themselves, inflict on them. There is also the insecurity and desire to belong felt by Malachi. Your stories are much more linear which is neither here nor there.
    I just thought it was interesting.
    Love the comic by the way.

MikeJK on
  • OddfishOddfish On opposite weeks In odd numbered monthsRegistered User regular
    lol malachi's "seventeen face"... amazing

I was effing dying reading this one

• VisionAriVisionAri Registered User regular
    Malachi is being a jerk but remember, he IS a 12-year-old boy; that's pretty much the *definition* of "jerk".

• sokpupetsokpupet Registered User regular
    Uh, not to bum anyone out, but... what if it went after Tanner?

• J. D. MilknutJ. D. Milknut Lord of Chipmunks Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Seventeen face: *OuO*

gekm71tpnnd5.gif
  • Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    Hey, I've only ever said some of that!
    Best line in the comic :P

Love Malachi's face on that penultimate panel, you can just see the cogs in his mind going "Wait.. what? That actually WORKED!"

Great as usual, found the cat surprisingly quickly, I think I'm getting better and thinking like Katie, so I know where/how to look for them now! Either that or my mind has finally snapped and I just THINK I'm finding them.

edited September 2014
    Talyn Rahl wrote: »
    Either that or my mind has finally snapped and I just THINK I'm finding them.

Your senses may tell you that there is a cat but you have no way of knowing if your senses are correct. One's personal reality is constant flow of bioelectrical impulses interpreted by a brain and individual cannot know if the impulses or interpretations are accurate or even correct.

Especially when human senses cover so ridiculously narrow bandwith of all there is to sense.

Replicantten on
  • FieryCocoaFieryCocoa Registered User regular
    The comments are really bashing Malachi. I'd probably be acting how he is at that point because of how cynical and critical I am... and while I can tolerate it, I resent people who aren't like that. Maybe because the reason I'm like this isn't because I wanted to be?
    What's the diagnosis doctor?

FieryCocoa wrote: »
    I'd probably be acting how he is at that point because of how cynical and critical I am... and while I can tolerate it, I resent people who aren't like that. Maybe because the reason I'm like this isn't because I wanted to be? What's the diagnosis doctor?

We are what we have chosen to be, thus we are what we ourselves have eventually wanted to be. Critical and cynical are often bashed without realisation that they are also critical and cynical towards themselves. On this case, stating weedonwantcha would be lying. Be welcome friend.

Hows that for a rocktor's proctorsistiscisms ?

• SewblonSewblon Registered User regular
    So what finally repelled the mountain lion was the power of sarcasm.

• It worked! :O