As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PA Comic] Friday, September 19, 2014 - Take It From My Hands

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited September 2014 in The Penny Arcade Hub

image[PA Comic] Friday, September 19, 2014 - Take It From My Hands

Take It From My Hands

Take It From My Hands

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2014/09/19

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Pretty sure this is how "50 Shades of Gray" was made.

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • AntilochosAntilochos Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I love that Mike's taken the time to make his drawing of the Elsa statue accurate!

Antilochos on
  • JortalusJortalus Registered User regular
    To be fair, Elsa would fit right in with all the mutants and superheroes of the Marvel universe. You should see all the vs. topics that crop up on comic forums that involve Elsa.

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Are Disney taking notes on this?
    Because if they make a Disney Infinity movie that ignores the separate continuities in the interest of having everyone in it, I'm down.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Because if they make a Disney Infinity movie that ignores the separate continuities in the interest of having everyone in it, I'm down.

Crisis in Infinite Kingdoms

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Roxas SwordRoxas Sword Registered User new member
    edited September 2014
    I know it doesnt really matter but I need to say it because reasons. Earth 616 is the main continuity a better joke earth would have been Earth 772 as that one of the earths that the "What if" series was set on. Also acceptable are 774, 7712, 9904 or 1228 to name a few.

Roxas Sword on
  • ReplicanttenReplicantten Registered User regular
    The limits of Gabe's what if-universe have been found.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Just close your eyes and think if it as a Kingdom Hearts story, Gabe.

• DoomnetoDoomneto Registered User regular
    I know it doesnt really matter but I need to say it because reasons. Earth 616 is the main continuity a better joke earth would have been Earth 772 as that one of the earths that the "What if" series was set on. Also acceptable are 774, 7712, 9904 or 1228 to name a few.

I was thinking the exact same thing as soon as I saw Earth-616. He could have picked literally any other number.

• LinktmLinktm Registered User regular
    Man... I feel bad about myself for not being able to laugh at the second panel because I know that Earth 616 is the main continuity universe. DAMN YOU COMIC BOOKS! YOU'VE RUINED MY LIFE!

Maybe we're seeing a story from Gabe-1610's universe? He does look younger...

• cloudmattcloudmatt Registered User regular
    You sure Hulk and Venom haven't teamed up before? Venom keeps doing the whole back and forth thing and it wouldn't be the weirdest Hulk team up.

• GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Doomneto wrote: »

I was thinking the exact same thing as soon as I saw Earth-616. He could have picked literally any other number.

I don't know what any of the other numbers stand for and even I know that 616 is the standard-issue universe. That is literally the only number I could tell you.

That having been said, the Lone Ranger ought to be grateful for the opportunity. He's about ready to join Felix the Cat and Popeye on the fictional-character scrapheap. Getting played with like this is about the best he's going to do.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • DeaconDeacon Registered User new member
    When did Bob Montana take over Mike's body? The style--especially Gabe's mouth--is pretty reminiscent of the Archie Comics.

Eric (the Deacon remix)
  • EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    The only other one I remember most of the time is Earth-199999, because that's the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Ha! they even have a designation for the Marvel versus Capcom games. They take place in Earth-TRN177.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • FunkyTownFunkyTown Registered User regular
    I think it's clear that the man who loves unicorns isn't upset because Elsa is there. He's upset because Elsa cannot possibly lose to all of the Avengers.

Someone could make an argument about power level, etc, but Mike knows that Elsa earned over $2 billion compared to the Avengers over $1.5 billion. And cost less to make.

The Mouse himself would break Thor's spine over his mighty knee if he even tried to talk back to Elsa.

• fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

Kingdom Hearts X: Crisis in Infinite Kingdoms

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    cloudmatt wrote: »
    You sure Hulk and Venom haven't teamed up before? Venom keeps doing the whole back and forth thing and it wouldn't be the weirdest Hulk team up.

Venom has definitely fought on the good side enough times that you could make an argument for them being allies. Being friends with Hulk is the real trick. I don't think many of the Earth-bound Marvel characters can claim that honor.

juggcat.jpg
  • CandymancerCandymancer Registered User regular

ej90s8.jpg

Yep.

• MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    Which toy is the one from the hat?

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    oh it's the lone ranger.

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I think there's a second joke in here in that Noah doesn't know who "the punchers" names are, but he definitely knows who Elsa is which I think is hilarious. Like Elsa's the big star of this story, not the freaking Hulk, or Venom, or even Thor.

To think this could all happen in Kingdom Hearts 3. Good comic guys.

KoopahTroopah on
  • ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    I really love how Mike drew the carpet in the middle panel. Simple yet very effective. It looks so soft!

• cloudmattcloudmatt Registered User regular
    LOL OMG Thank you so much Candymancer, I must hunt down that story arc immediately. It's even more beautiful than I could have ever imagined.

• Mister KojakMister Kojak Registered User regular
    Wow, those are some timeless comic book panels right there. When were they published? It could have been 1968, it could have been yesterday. There's simply no way of knowing.

• DCAarmusDCAarmus Registered User regular
    Maybe this is why we've had to wait so long for KH3. They just had to wait for the licensing to clear. Now we've got Square, Classic Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars to play with.

• MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    Matrias wrote: »
    oh it's the lone ranger.

Yeah, I see the cowboy hat now too. At first, since we had a comic superhero theme going, I thought maybe it was Havok from back when his costume had the big rings on the head. haha!

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Evil TacoEvil Taco Registered User regular
    FunkyTown wrote: »
    I think it's clear that the man who loves unicorns isn't upset because Elsa is there. He's upset because Elsa cannot possibly lose to all of the Avengers.

Someone could make an argument about power level, etc, but Mike knows that Elsa earned over $2 billion compared to the Avengers over $1.5 billion. And cost less to make.

The Mouse himself would break Thor's spine over his mighty knee if he even tried to talk back to Elsa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE.

Not sure where you got your figures from, but even considering the increased cost of the Avengers, it's still on top. And that's not even counting the expanded universe films. The mouse literally doesn't have a property more lucrative than the Avengers, and probably never has.

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    it's a little detail, but i like the shin band-aid

that is a Real Little Kid Thing

• dfjdejuliodfjdejulio Registered User regular
    Okay, as soon as 2.0 lands, I've got to use the new enhanced toybox (that includes tools for adding text and making rich games) to make a game in which Hulk and Venom team up against Lone Ranger, and then Elsa happens. I have a first world-building project now.

• T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular

ej90s8.jpg

Yep.

What is this from? I'm curious to know why Hulk and Venom are acting like the Super Powers.

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Do I look insane the acid drooling monstrosity with an alligator jaw asks.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Wow, those are some timeless comic book panels right there. When were they published? It could have been 1968, it could have been yesterday. There's simply no way of knowing.

Yes there is because Google.
    http://www.spiderfan.org/comics/reviews/venom_one_shots/hulk.html

It's from 1994

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    the 90's were a

difficult time

for comic books

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    not sure which is more disturbing; Venom's mismatched jaws, or Hulk's haircut

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I know it doesnt really matter but I need to say it because reasons. Earth 616 is the main continuity...

1efqledp6rz6.jpg

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • CandymancerCandymancer Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    the 90's were a

difficult time

for comic books

It's the exception proving the rule that everything was better in the 90s.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Kagera wrote: »

Yes there is because Google.
    http://www.spiderfan.org/comics/reviews/venom_one_shots/hulk.html

It's from 1994

1) The joke that he was going for was that it was so screamingly 90's it hurt.

2)
    Hulk eventually remembers that Venom is susceptible to sonics, he uses his handsmash to drive the symbiote away. As Venom writhes in agony Hulk observes that the only thing needed to end this nonsense is "a serious case of the clap". While Venom is down, Hulk informs him that he's here to help the earthquake victims. They finally see eye-to-eye and agree to work together.
    . :o

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    Evil Taco wrote: »
    FunkyTown wrote: »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE.

Not sure where you got your figures from, but even considering the increased cost of the Avengers, it's still on top. And that's not even counting the expanded universe films. The mouse literally doesn't have a property more lucrative than the Avengers, and probably never has.

Could he be including merchandise?

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Who cares who made more money?

The real question should be, "Who would rock a pretty princess dress harder, Elsa or the Hulk?"

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.