As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Justice League Heroes: Dammit, no Kyle Rayner

• Options
    hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    I think the point of Batman is that he's really really smart. If he hadn't become a superhero he'd be a superscientist or superdoctor or something anyway.

Anyway, I'm sorry that reading about Batman being awesome makes you grumpy because useually I think it's really neat and fun when Batman does something totally radical.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Well, I'm pretty sure that I'm still going to buy the game even though some guys on the internet think comic-book superheroes are unrealistic.

You are being pretty dumb and dickish. That's not what people are saying at all.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    SavitarSavitar Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Am I the only person that had a problem with being able to believe despite a healing factor that ultimate wolverine was able to reconnect his body after the ultimate Hulk ripped him in two freaking pieces.

Or for that matter that regular Wolverine appeared to be burned down to the adamantum on his bones by Nitro and then he recompletely healed.

That crap is just silly.

Savitar on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    hughtron wrote:
    I think the point of Batman is that he's really really smart. If he hadn't become a superhero he'd be a superscientist or superdoctor or something anyway.

Anyway, I'm sorry that reading about Batman being awesome makes you grumpy because useually I think it's really neat and fun when Batman does something totally radical.

Psssh, if his parents hadn't been killed infront of him he'd have become a playboy who ran daddy's company.

Has anyone ever done a What If style Batman comic where his parents died in a car crash instead of being shot infront of him? Or just never died?

Accualt on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Accualt wrote:
    hughtron wrote:

Psssh, if his parents hadn't been killed infront of him he'd have become a playboy who ran daddy's company.

Has anyone ever done a What If style Batman comic where his parents died in a car crash instead of being shot infront of him? Or just never died?

I think in that issue Bruce Wayne OD'd on crystal meth at Arizona State.

Oh, and could people stop using the Nitro example for Wolverine's healing factor being overpowered? If you are going to use anything, use the fact that he WALKED INTO THE FREAKING SUN!!!

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    Accualt wrote:
    hughtron wrote:

I think in that issue Bruce Wayne OD'd on crystal meth at Arizona State.

Oh, and could people stop using the Nitro example for Wolverine's healing factor being overpowered? If you are going to use anything, use the fact that he WALKED INTO THE FREAKING SUN!!!

Wait, what?? I missed this sometime along the way.

Marathon on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Well, I'm pretty sure that I'm still going to buy the game even though some guys on the internet think comic-book superheroes are unrealistic.

You are being pretty dumb and dickish. That's not what people are saying at all.
    No, they're saying he's unrealistic in ways they don't find feasible.

I still think Snowblind is capable of making an action-RPG. My old boss describes Norrath as a console-translation of Diablo. I wouldn't mind such a thing by any means. Particularly with characters I already know and like.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    There was that time Magneto shot him into the Sun, but it was Phoenix that saved him.

Scooter on
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I guess people are just saying they find it easier to comprehend an individual being born with incredible powers than it is to comprehend a man finding enough time and focus to become an expert in as many subjects as Batman is an expert in. I can't say I totally disagree.

I suppose this might be making a statement about what kind of person I am, but we don't need to go there... :lol:

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:

I still think Snowblind is capable of making an action-RPG. My old boss describes Norrath as a console-translation of Diablo. I wouldn't mind such a thing by any means. Particularly with characters I already know and like.

We're saying it's unrealistic that he doesn't pop when someone who can beat the shit out of Superman hits him.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:

We're saying it's unrealistic that he doesn't pop when someone who can beat the shit out of Superman hits him.
    Right, he's unrealistic in ways you don't find feasible.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:

Right, he's unrealistic in ways you don't find feasible.
    You don't seem to be getting the fucking point.

The "ways we find feasable" are COMPLETEY UNFEASABLE TO THE CHARACTER.

Batman has NO powers. A bullet will kill him(assuming his bulletproof suit is off). A strong kick to the head will kill him. A man who can beat the living shit out of Superman punching him will kill him.

Superman has LOTS of powers. A bullet bounces off. A strong kick has to be able to shatter a fucking planet. A man who can beat the living shit out of him only does so because he's on par with Supermans incredible strength and resiliance.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Yeah, but does Batman have time to prepare?

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited October 2006

Why the fuck do people still say that..and not get jailed?

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited October 2006

Yes, he has plenty of time to write out his will and purchase a suitable headstone. He also has time to pick out what suit he will be wearing at the funeral and figure out who will care for BatHOUND after he dies.

Edited for PETSA: People for the ethical treatment of super animals.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Savitar wrote:
    Am I the only person that had a problem with being able to believe despite a healing factor that ultimate wolverine was able to reconnect his body after the ultimate Hulk ripped him in two freaking pieces.

Or for that matter that regular Wolverine appeared to be burned down to the adamantum on his bones by Nitro and then he recompletely healed.

That crap is just silly.

I find it more awesome than silly.
    Seriously, calling any extreme use of powers "silly" or unrealistic is just, well silly. We're reading comic books folks. Wolverine is a 100 year old guy with claws that has had his mind fucked more times than anybody. Superman is an alien from a distant galaxy that just HAPPENS to look like a human. The list goes on and on and on.
    Just sit back and enjoy the books. If a characters powers aren't pushed to challenging limits they become rather uninteresting.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:

It was a joke. Relax skipper.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Sentry wrote:

Yes, he has plenty of time to write out his will and purchase a suitable headstone. He also has time to pick out what suit he will be wearing at the funeral and figure out who will care for Batdog after he dies.

Bathound.

Ace is the Bathound.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    The LuggageThe Luggage Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Sentry wrote:

Yes, he has plenty of time to write out his will and purchase a suitable headstone. He also has time to pick out what suit he will be wearing at the funeral and figure out who will care for Batdog after he dies.

Only if it's a Kryptonite headstone.

And a really strong suit.

And a Superbathound

The Luggage on
    Interminable
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:

It was a joke. Relax skipper.

But I hate it. It needs to end. And I am no skipper.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    i just got one of the Alex Ross posters for the game

it's all right looking

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:
    i just got one of the Alex Ross posters for the game

it's all right looking

I didn't know there were Ross promo posters..any pictures of it online?

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    I can't find one

maybe i'll take a picture later

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:

Probably because it only ever comes up when the argument has long since turned stupid. Or started that way.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:

Because there's no rule against it, Francis.

august on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    august wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:

Well giggles..that is racist.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    august wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:

The proper term is "chuckles."

august on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    august wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:
    august wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:

The proper term is "chuckles."

I always found you as a giggles. Maybe a chauncey..

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Norrath was a fun game, but I just don't see this as having the variety that it did, or even a decent art style. But then, the promo trailers won't show everything, so who knows.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Is the ds version any good ?

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    1up.com wrote:
    Well, every hero has a weakness, and Justice League Heroes' kryptonite is its laughably lame story. Wait a second, wasn't this game written by an actual comic writer? That's why it's sad that the story is frickin' terrible. It would have been perfectly acceptable if the dialogue had gone the cheesy '60s Batman TV show route, but it actually attempts to take itself seriously. Maybe the drama would have been more believable if the villains weren't downright dumb. A talking gorilla, an intelligent robot, and a killer bee? That's all you got, DC? Where are all the Batman villains? The Joker, Two-Face, Catwoman -- now those are villains worth fighting. Not some dude who calls himself "The Key."

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited October 2006
    oh man 1up is going to have some angry dc fans after 'em now

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    man what

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I find it funny that the 1UP story bashes the villians while Gamepro praises them for including Gorilla Grodd and Darkseid.

Also according to the 1UP review, the Green Lanterns are all just palette swaps with each missing 1 power.

Invisible on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Invisible wrote:
    I find it funny that the 1UP story bashes the villians while Gamepro praises them for including Gorilla Grodd and Darkseid.

Also according to the 1UP review, the Green Lanterns are all just palette swaps with each missing 1 power.
    According to Snowblind, "bullshit"(paraphrased). At least, the missing power part.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Oh online game reviews

When will you stop sucking

Furu on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Furu wrote:
    Oh online game reviews

When will you stop sucking
    When you screen your writers. Like, at all.

Edit: Sorry, I've never been a fan of 1up.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Batman villians are too pussy to face the entire Justice League, goddammit.

I mean, even when they could still use them on the show, they always used them as part of a team, because seriously what is Two-Face gonna do to Superman? Or any of them?

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    The Riddler could confuse them

And catwoman could make them feel dirty... and like it

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    SO how inaccurate is the 1up review?

Fencingsax on