As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Onward, Guardians! Into the Vault of Glass!

• CelianCelian Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Celian wrote: »
    Watched a MoreConsole Youtube video where he got a Titan chest with a "Carry an extra grenade" bonus. That seems so awesome on so many levels. I want.
    I pulled this off Xur this morning.

Bonus: It looks like a knight's breastplate, complete with the sigil of Gondor.

It's funny how you can be both glad for someone and hate them and 9 generations of their family.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • BranniganSeppBranniganSepp Swiss Burrito Enthusiast PSN: ExMaloBonumRegistered User regular
    But Xur ain't around yet, is he?

But Xur ain't around yet, is he?

He is. I read he's near the Speaker this week-end. If you go in the web application, on the advisors tab, you get a big image saying he's there...... for now.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    He's by the Big Door in the speaker area.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Did bounties and more story missions and spent an hour at the Treasure cave last night.

Hit Vanguard Rank 1, and I now have more blue gear than green, but I'm still level 20 :(

Check out the Blue Scout Rifle I picked up. EXPLOSIVE ROUNDS!

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    So I was doing cave of wonders with @Minus Blindfold and an event started. I looked up to see where it was going to be and its the satellite one where it starts as burning chunks coming down. As I'm watching I'm thinking "Where is this going?" and the damn thing lands right on me and kills me. We were laughing the whole event. Note to self: Take dodgeball lessons.

Yeah, whenever the sky gets dark most of us have learned that the cave is the best place to be. :)

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Man me and someone else got killed by the falling sat. I was even running away. Good times, good times. So 4 purple engrams (3 from leveling the Cryptarc) and I get 3 level 16 pieces of blue armor (junk) and one strange coin. At least if they had all been strange coins I wouldn't be so sad... Say, how much do the armor pieces cost at Xur (or whatever his name is)? I surely don't have enough.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Adda wrote: »
    I've been stuck at 21 for a week now.

This post level cap stuff is shit.

Agreed but there is a way past it through marks, that's just longer than getting very lucky.

The 100 marks weekly limit is straight-up bullshit, though. Stop running your retail game like a free-to-play title, Bungie. I paid sixty bucks for it, let me go level up by doing Strikes, if that's how I prefer to do it.

Same goes for people who want to do their leveling through Crucible. Let them continue their progression in a mode they want to be playing.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Thanks to @Nocren‌ and @Evil Monkey‌ for the Strikes tonight. Finally had a Legendary engram work out and got an exotic helmet ... for my Warlock alt.

Oh well, hopefully Xur will be in town tomorrow and I can end my drought at last.

Wait, which strike was that? Was it the earth one with @Litany? Did we say anything offensive over the chat? :p
    That was me =P
    Well then. Do we duel to the death? Not in the crucible. Something I'll stand a chance in since I have seniority!

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Anyone wanna do the lvl26 Weekly Heroic?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • BruanBruan Registered User regular
    Anyone want to do the weekly heroic strike on ps3? I need it for my exotic.

Playstation: Anthai (Destiny)
    WiiU: jooncole (Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate)
    3DS: 2122-5983-8919
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular

Agreed but there is a way past it through marks, that's just longer than getting very lucky.

The 100 marks weekly limit is straight-up bullshit, though. Stop running your retail game like a free-to-play title, Bungie. I paid sixty bucks for it, let me go level up by doing Strikes, if that's how I prefer to do it. Stop pushing Crucible progression on people who don't want to be there.

I've accepted the fact that to increase my crucible marks I'll be doing mostly material farming.

The 100 marks weekly limit is straight-up bullshit, though. Stop running your retail game like a free-to-play title, Bungie. I paid sixty bucks for it, let me go level up by doing Strikes, if that's how I prefer to do it. Stop pushing Crucible progression on people who don't want to be there.

This has got nothing to do with free-to-play. It's been done in most MMOs to slow down gear progression and avoid people burning through the game too fast. If they made marks limitless, might as well just allow you to buy legendary with the 25k glimmer cap and you'd be done gearing up in a day.

• OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Where's the best place to go for this Heavy Fallen bounty?

I keep getting it, then piecemealing it together over the course of the day.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    The frickin' salvage bounty is still up.

Come on, Bungie. Get your shit together.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    edited September 2014
    Heavy Fallen? You mean majors/ultras? In the Divide, there is a drop ship that deploys 4 Fallen Vandels. One is always a major. On Venus there is a section by the Academy (or that's what I call it) where the Fallen and Vex get into a constantly escalating battle. You could also run the story mission where you have to take out the Fallen Kell (also on Venus). his bodyguards are all majors.

jefe414 on
  • gaz3142gaz3142 Registered User regular
    Out of curiosity, has anyone seen any Ghost cases out in the wild. The Limited/Ghost editions of Destiny give your lightbulb a reskinreskin, just wondering if any drop in PVEPVE.

• Kestrel1Kestrel1 falco sparverius Noblesville, INRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    It's neat that the treasure cave exists and all, but it's kind of dumb to be walking through the Cosmodome and seeing a half dozen guys plinking shots into it all night.

Mainly because I wanted to plink some shots into it for a while.

I'm nearly rank 2 with FWC, so I'll finally be able to get some legendary armor. I've been stuck at 20 for almost a week. I got 21 last night purely by chance of picking up a pair of boots in the Crucible.

The big success, however, was I finally got the Achilles shader I wanted. Now I don't look like a Crayola factory exploded on me any more.

Kestrel1 on
    Kestrel1.png
    Mixer: Kestrel1 | Twitch: KestrelTV
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    He gave me the Titan chest that allows you to carry two grenades. :(

Oh well,. I guess I'll have a Titan alt eventually.

Oh, and a Blademaster Helmet Exotic. Arc Blade attacks take less energy. and increased attack speed.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    Dusda wrote: »
    Three days, a bunch of blues, tons of mats, gained one point of light :(. I've been at 21 since Monday.

Feel your pain. i was in the same boat until last night. Got 2 blue drops that were barely upgrade but somehow, I got to lvl 23. Still far from 26...

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
    edited September 2014
    Hmm. In the Grimoire, I looked under Inventory -> Guardian Vehicles -> Guardian Ships. There is a description and then when you click the 3 bars (completions/progress/whatever it's called) it says "Built 0". Same thing with the Sparrow card. Has anyone built a ship or sparrow? I've purchased one as well as turned in some blue schematics.

EDIT: also, what's a good strategy for the weekly Strike mission? I've finished it before but the people I generally do strikes with, well, we struggle.

jefe414 on
    Those moments you feel like a badass:

Picking up LMG ammo and killing three guys that are taking your control point, evade and kill two more in pursuit while hovering with fiery angel wings in the air, then get taken down, self-revive, and kill three more people with holy sun gernades, erupting burning fingers, and some well placed hand cannon shots while being swarmed.

You're making a strong case for me to consider switching from Voidwalker. But then again, The feeling I get when going to a control point with 5 guys capping it and sending the purple pain toward them and see them look at it and they know that it's too late, that they can't espace it and boom. They all died and you just cap the point by yourself.

that's magic too.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Kestrel1 wrote: »
    It's neat that the treasure cave exists and all, but it's kind of dumb to be walking through the Cosmodome and seeing a half dozen guys plinking shots into it all night.

Mainly because I wanted to plink some shots into it for a while.

I'm nearly rank 2 with FWC, so I'll finally be able to get some legendary armor. I've been stuck at 20 for almost a week. I got 21 last night purely by chance of picking up a pair of boots in the Crucible.

The big success, however, was I finally got the Achilles shader I wanted. Now I don't look like a Crayola factory exploded on me any more.

You can actually stand there and plink too and get credit. In fact the more people that are there the quicker the mobs "seem" to spawn. Its actually easier with 3-4 people heh.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
    edited September 2014
    Anyone wanna do the lvl26 Weekly Heroic?

Yes!

EDIT shit wait, it's 28!?

skyknyt on
    Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    edited September 2014
    Damn I want those warlock gloves. I only have 3 strange Coins.

Need volunteers for tonight for the weekly heroic. I've never done the weekly heroic. It's this or I star begging for coins at the tower. Might even throw a dance if you're nice.

update: well damn, just notice that the gloves are 13 coins. No way I'm getting there until the glimmer to strange coin conversion rate is low enough which I doubt.

Guibs on
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Just booted up the game to visit Xur. Looked over by the Speaker.. where is he.. where is.. oh! There he is. Okay, check stock... Cool, that helmet's legit. I'm running Striker. But let me just buy an Exotic engram, because I'm not crazy about Death from Above anyway. Bang, bought. Wait, can this turn into a Legendary? Or a Rare?! No, okay. Exotic, guaranteed. But wait! Any class?! Come on... Okay, Cryptarch, don't fail me now. Give me the Chest of Alpha Lupi! Chest of Alpha Lupi! Come on! You know I'm King of the Auto, master defender of the last city. Holding my breath, decrypt it...

Chest of Alpha Lupi! YES!

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Have they nerfed the Cave of Wonders>?? Haven't had asingle purple and been getting very few blues. Was also amazing when a few w of us were camped out there doing our thang and all of a sudden Majors and Ultras started pouring out the side door and from where the Hive ship is. Intense!

Okay, lemme say this. The last several days ive gone to cave of wonders in the evening and been convinced it has been nerfed, but eventually it goes back to what i expect it to be so I've tried to study it a bit. The spawn rate is *Very* wonky and dependant on other things spawning and either being killed or remaining alive in a wide area.

2-3 only alcolytes spawning : Means that something is less then ideal about the spawning. either someone is running around near above the cave, someone is too close to the cave in the farming group, or something that came from the cave escaped.

3-5 alcolytes and 2 scars : This is the ideal spawn rate. when this happens you want to disrupt it as little as possible. wait as long as you can before starting the mad rush for ammo redo. if you have 5 people shooting, you can wait a bit before rushing forward.

If you get the small spawn, and you have enough people covering the cave, then one of you should go kill everything above the cave, and near the helicoptors, and the building at the entrance of skywatch. if your in a fireteam, then keep asking your team when the spawn starts putting out scars. once it does, you can run back and join the team.

I've seen spawns disrupted just because one of the mobs ran out of the cave and got halfway to the road before going down. you dont want them to leave the cave at all if possible.

If its stuck on a less then ideal spawn, a few things can reset it.
    1) a public event usually resets the entire zone spawnrate.
    2) the entire farming group entering the cave then exiting except for 1 person, then that one person leaving when the others are back in shooting position is the best way to get the range aspect of the spawn to reset.

• SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Guibs wrote: »
    Those moments you feel like a badass:

Picking up LMG ammo and killing three guys that are taking your control point, evade and kill two more in pursuit while hovering with fiery angel wings in the air, then get taken down, self-revive, and kill three more people with holy sun gernades, erupting burning fingers, and some well placed hand cannon shots while being swarmed.

You're making a strong case for me to consider switching from Voidwalker. But then again, The feeling I get when going to a control point with 5 guys capping it and sending the purple pain toward them and see them look at it and they know that it's too late, that they can't espace it and boom. They all died and you just cap the point by yourself.

that's magic too.

SPACE magic!

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
    Can someone post the exact items and cost of each item that Xur sells?

Thanks

Invective fires a lot faster than my strike shotgun, but its reload is interminably long.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Xur this weekend is slightly disappointing for me. I already have the gloves. The rocket launcher looks cool but I'm not sure I want it and since I can only equip one piece of exotic armor I'm not sure I want that exotic engram. I guess I could buy a piece for my Hunter and Titan. I can give them what I buy, right?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    IGN's review is finally up, if anyone cares:
    7.8 - Good
    "Destiny looks and plays wonderfully, but too many of the other promises it makes get left unfulfilled."

The PvE section is pretty damn fulfilled by the Weekly Heroics and the Vault of Glass, Story criticisms aside.

Also, there's this gem which proves they didn't actually play the damn game.

"none of Destiny’s classes feel like they bring anything indispensable to a party"

WHAT!?

They never played with Bladedancer combat medics saving their ass, Defenders shielding peoples buts in PvE or being a fortress wall for objectives in PvP, or Sunsinger Warlocks self-rezing for clutch wipe saves? What are these people smoking?

It can take a surprisingly long time to get class defining unlocks for a class.

People were saying that you can buy strange coins? Where is this taking place?

• gaz3142gaz3142 Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Can someone post the exact items and cost of each item that Xur sells?

Thanks

Courtesy of the bnet forums:
    Item list

Titan - Helm of Inmost Light Helmet
    13 Strange Coins

Hunter - Lucky Raspberry Chest Armor
    13 Strange Coins

Warlock - Sunbreakers Gauntlets
    13 Strange Coins

Rocket Launcher - Gjallarhorn
    17 Strange Coins

Exotic Engram for Chest 23 Motes of Light

Scout Rifle Telemetry 1 Strange Coin
    Sniper Rifle Telemetry 1 Strange Coin
    Machine Gun Telemetry 1 Strange Coin
    Sparrow - Plasma Drive 23 Strange Coins
    Sparrow - Stealth Drive 23 Strange Coins
    Heavy Ammo Synthesis 1 Strange Coin

Material Exchange
    Trade in 2401 Glimmer for Strange Coin
    Trade in 77 Spinmetal for Strange Coin
    Trade in 77 Spirit Bloom for Strange Coin

• EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    People were saying that you can buy strange coins? Where is this taking place?

I think it's been disabled. I missed it too.

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
    edited September 2014
    What is Telemetry?

azith28 on
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    What is Telemetry?

30 minutes of faster leveling for that weapon type.

I am almost positive that bungie didn't intend peopel to be able to delete and remake characters to buy infinite coins via glimmer, so that's probably why they disabled it.

Tycho wrote:
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    People, as always, exploited it.

This discussion has been closed.