As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Onward, Guardians! Into the Vault of Glass!

• Options
    ff7007ff7007 Pittsburgh, PARegistered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    People were saying that you can buy strange coins? Where is this taking place?
    There was a period this morning where you could buy a coin for glimmer or some of the lesser resources. But then people immediately discovered you could keep buying coins on alts and it vanished pretty quickly after that.

PSN: Rauhy FFRK: 9YYP Steam: Rauhy Battle.net: Rauhy#1977
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Crap :(

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    Yeah, He's selling the Gjallahorn rocket launcher, a striker titan helm, a bladedancer chest, and the same lock gloves from last week. The engram is still for chestpieces, but the sparrow upgrade is red instead of purple this time.

FUCK YES

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    ok so now that the exchange is out of the question. Beside the RNG god, and the weekly strike, any other way to get some strange coins?

Guibs on
    jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Guibs wrote: »
    ok so now that the exchange is out of the question. Beside the RNG god, and the weekly strike, any other way to get some strange coins?
    Your first daily public event also has a chance to drop them.

Otherwise it's mostly blue engrams.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Every titan in crucible is wearing the new striker helm.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular

Not me! Superman Chest!

At first I didn't like that it doesn't adjust to your shader, because it sticks out so much. The more I look at it, the more I like it because it doesn't adjust to your shader and sticks out so much.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Aand now I know the pain of an exotic warlock chest when I'm a Titan.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    GMaster7 wrote: »

Not me! Superman Chest!

At first I didn't like that it doesn't adjust to your shader, because it sticks out so much. The more I look at it, the more I like it because it doesn't adjust to your shader and sticks out so much.
    Is this a pull from Xur?

Also, wanna watch me flail ineffectively with a rocket launcher?

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I didn't realize how much harder it would be to kill a Cabal Phalanx with Angry until today. That was rough. All I could do was shoot them in the hand.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Yeah, some abilities are worse for specific enemies.

Thralls with lightswitch, for example.

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    I am a mere 50 crucible reputation from rank 2! Finally I, too, can have legendaries! The Cryptarch be damned!

• Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    So... there's another cave of wonder, but on venus, and it's more of a storefront of wonder. I'll try to get a video up later on.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    I've got the day off if you folks are up for stuff!

• Options
    Crayon wrote: »
    I'll be crucibling most of the day at this rate. I can't hit a goddamn thing with this rocket launcher.

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    So, here's a really dumb question because I'm level 23 and should really know this stuff, but what do you guys use special weapons for? With the sole exception of sometimes switching to a shotgun in tight spaces, I've never felt the need to switch to, say, a fusion rifle. I also don't understand what the different damage types are for. /noob

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Spaffy wrote: »
    So, here's a really dumb question because I'm level 23 and should really know this stuff, but what do you guys use special weapons for? With the sole exception of sometimes switching to a shotgun in tight spaces, I've never felt the need to switch to, say, a fusion rifle. I also don't understand what the different damage types are for. /noob

Sniper rifles for very long range (obviously) and fusion rifles are for dealing a crapton of quick damage at slightly longer than melee range. Special weapons all have incredible damage, but shotgun is for melee ish, fusion for close to mid, and sniper for mid to long.

The three damage types are useful for endgame content to deal appropriate damage to enemy shields. If an enemy has a red shield, you use solar damage, a purple shield needs void damage, and a blue shield needs arc damage. You deal extra damage with the appropriate type, and reduced damage with the wrong type.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »

Certain enemies are immune to normal damage.

Sometimes you need the extra damage to kill things faster too.

Also, PVP.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    sniper rifles can do massive amounts of damage, especially if you know the weak point. shotguns...maybe they work in PvP...fusion rifles only get pulled out by me for the bounties that require you to double kill in the same shot, and i do that in the same spot going back and forth between two spawns that usually have an easy double kill in them so i get it done as soon as possible.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Big ups to the Crucible Crew last night: Gridlynk, Bolthorn, Darkyth, BillyIdle_ and DignifiedPauper! Thanks to yall I was able to finish off all of my Bounties and got a second Exotic Weapon Bounty! Now I have to go search Mars loot caches for the base machine gun that I'll be upgrading, and then I have to buy a thing from Xur. So looks like I'm doing that this weekend so that I can get that finished off and don't have to wait til next weekend.

Really wish I could have bought the rocket launcher but it was either that or the helm, and this way I'm not having to wait literally two weeks before I can buy a helm for 120 marks. Raid next week!

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    Shotgun is for vaporizing dudes at close range. Fusion Rifle is for vaporizing maybe more than one dude at near-medium range, or pounding on bosses.

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Kestrel1 wrote: »
    It's neat that the treasure cave exists and all, but it's kind of dumb to be walking through the Cosmodome and seeing a half dozen guys plinking shots into it all night.

Mainly because I wanted to plink some shots into it for a while.

I'm nearly rank 2 with FWC, so I'll finally be able to get some legendary armor. I've been stuck at 20 for almost a week. I got 21 last night purely by chance of picking up a pair of boots in the Crucible.

The big success, however, was I finally got the Achilles shader I wanted. Now I don't look like a Crayola factory exploded on me any more.

Same here with me. I hit 20 on Sunday and despite doing dailies, PVP, shooting stuff at the cave for a few hours every day I'm still not even 21 yet. I'm still having a good time but reading about how easily everyone else seems to be getting 21+ is rather disheartening.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    Shotgun is for vaporizing dudes at close range. Fusion Rifle is for vaporizing maybe more than one dude at near-medium range, or pounding on bosses.

Yeah although unfortunately, Fusion rifle don't crit even if you shoot in the head or other weak spot.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I didn't get rolling up levels until after I bought a purple from the Vanguard and suddenly I started leveling like crazy!

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

Yeah although unfortunately, Fusion rifle don't crit even if you shoot in the head or other weak spot.

Yeah, I should really do some testing on whether or not it really does better deeps than my hand cannon -- the hand cannon has explosive rounds so it actually double hits a lot of enemies which is part awesome because damage and part lame because there are enemies where I'll hit the weak point but because of the splash damage that also hits them not on the weak point I don't get a precision kill.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Aw, I hope they figure out how to do the Glimmer exchange for only one character, because I'm at 11 strange coins, and could use at least one exotic. Even as a Defender getting that Titan helm could be grand for the occasional switch to Striker.

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    I have a PS4 sitting at my feet right now. Just need to get through this class. (Why did I buy it before class? I got impatient.)

Then I shall play Destiny, so so much Destiny.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    TehSloth wrote: »

Yeah, I should really do some testing on whether or not it really does better deeps than my hand cannon -- the hand cannon has explosive rounds so it actually double hits a lot of enemies which is part awesome because damage and part lame because there are enemies where I'll hit the weak point but because of the splash damage that also hits them not on the weak point I don't get a precision kill.

Depends on when you end the test. If t(final) = right as the fusion rifle fires, the fusion rifle definitely does more damage. if t(final) = after multiple fusion rifle shots, the handcannon probably takes it. Fusion rifle is not spectacular at sustained DPS, but it's rare that sustained DPS is what you need.

• Options
    Honestly that helm is good just for the stats alone. It's just a bonus when you switch to Striker.

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »
    I'll be crucibling most of the day at this rate. I can't hit a goddamn thing with this rocket launcher.

Jump in your group in a bit? Gonna do some vanguard bounties for a little while.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I dont find the titan helm to be that good, aiming the super actually makes you more likely to eat it before landing it. The armor exotics for titans seem not that great in general, but I am holding out a full complaint until I see more of them.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    What is this titan helm everyone is talking about?

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Xur is back and has it.

• Options
    Xur is back and has it.

Is that the strange coin vendor?

• Options
    Rend wrote: »
    Xur is back and has it.

Is that the strange coin vendor?

Yup. Near the Speaker today.

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I am very sad he doesn't appear on the Destiny app. I want to see things to drool over!

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    They disabled buying? Crap, I think I have 12 strange coins. I'll need to farm one real quick tonight.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Then again I play a defender Titan because they are way cooler than dumb old look at my Hulk Smash impersonation. :)

So maybe I'll wait until next week anyway.

• Options
    I dont find the titan helm to be that good, aiming the super actually makes you more likely to eat it before landing it. The armor exotics for titans seem not that great in general, but I am holding out a full complaint until I see more of them.

I dont have this issue when supermanning. Being able to aim is really useful for Crucible matches, where theres a lot of verticality and you may have 3 guys on a platform immediately above you, but if you come at it from the side and get above them you can zoom right in without having to get right up under them and hulksmash from 3 meters away.

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    Evil MonkeyEvil Monkey Grover beachRegistered User regular
    [/quote]
    Well then. Do we duel to the death? Not in the crucible. Something I'll stand a chance in since I have seniority![/quote]
    I say we see who the most evil is! My 1st act was pull the tag of the mattress that said do not remove!
    In Destiny related news got the Hunter chest out of the exotic engram and got rare arms for the Hunter so I'll be lving that this weekend. Got the sunbreaker glovers for my lock and the vanguard helm so shes finally at 26 just got to finish lv sunsinger. This weekend I got some work to do. Plus gotta out evil @EvilMonkey‌!

Evil%20MonQey.jpg
This discussion has been closed.