As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Onward, Guardians! Into the Vault of Glass!

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    On Subclasses:
    I tend to Sunsinger in PvE, but Voidwalker in PvP. In PvP, I tend to just get smashed when I activate the super, so it's rarely worth it. Surprise Nova Bomb on three people on a point? Space Magic.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    While it's not a Defender helm, it does apparently have increased melee speed, which maybe doesn't really matter in PVP but I tend to think it helps survival a bit more. Plus, I guess any Exotic is better than current blue helmet.
    I will happily pay Xur tomorrow for a helmet today.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Oh thank you baby jesus

I was a little annoyed this morning, Xur had nothing I wanted (hunter gunslinger)

And it finally happend, an exotic bounty

Going to get me some Bad Juju

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    While it's not a Defender helm, it does apparently have increased melee speed, which maybe doesn't really matter in PVP but I tend to think it helps survival a bit more. Plus, I guess any Exotic is better than current blue helmet.

It definitely matters in PvP. Someone with increased melee attack speed will win a double melee duel against someone who does not given a simultaneous first hit.

And that is huge.

• Options
    Rend wrote: »

It definitely matters in PvP. Someone with increased melee attack speed will win a double melee duel against someone who does not given a simultaneous first hit.

And that is huge.

Yeah, I have a blue helm I tend to equip for PVP with melee speed. Since then, I think my K/D has gone up, as I'm winning more Shotgun + Melee battles. Granted, there is always lag to consider, but anecdotally, it's been worth it. And since folks think that once you start getting to about 24 and have broken the purple/gold cap you see more good gear, seems a worthwhile investment.

Plus, even though Defender is great, it's not like Striker isn't just as fun sometimes.

I've heard that there is a chest on Mars that gives out a Strange Coin? Was that a guaranteed drop, or just random luck? May be the first stop on tonight's adventures.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I wonder if the DC's I was getting in the tower this morning were due to them having to take out the ability to buy strange coins. Oh well nothing I want on Xur aside from when I get to the part I need to buy from him for bad juju. I'll save my coins in case one time he has the last word on.

Anyone want to do the heroic weekly on the xbone tonight say around 7pm pst? I wouldn't mind some help with it because the idea of soloing moon strike is not one I think of kindly.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    On Subclasses:
    I tend to Sunsinger in PvE, but Voidwalker in PvP. In PvP, I tend to just get smashed when I activate the super, so it's rarely worth it. Surprise Nova Bomb on three people on a point? Space Magic.

I'm fairly sure that once you start the super animation, you're immune to damage

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    I dont find the titan helm to be that good, aiming the super actually makes you more likely to eat it before landing it. The armor exotics for titans seem not that great in general, but I am holding out a full complaint until I see more of them.

I dont have this issue when supermanning. Being able to aim is really useful for Crucible matches, where theres a lot of verticality and you may have 3 guys on a platform immediately above you, but if you come at it from the side and get above them you can zoom right in without having to get right up under them and hulksmash from 3 meters away.

@Hoodie13 How do you aim anyway? I've realized you gotta jump first before you can superman, and that using your double-jump ability makes it where you can't. But which stick actually aims?

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    That's really weird. I hit bungie.net to look at my crucible scores from last night, and the shader I was wearing when I logged off had changed from Achilles to Provincial Royale. I changed it back using the android app, but I don't like the idea that my equips might be getting changed due to bugs or something. :P

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Crayon wrote: »
    I've got the day off if you folks are up for stuff!
    I'll be crucibling most of the day at this rate. I can't hit a goddamn thing with this rocket launcher.

Jump in your group in a bit? Gonna do some vanguard bounties for a little while.
    Sure. Grabbing lunch, then it's back into the breach.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Spaffy wrote: »
    On Subclasses:

I'm fairly sure that once you start the super animation, you're immune to damage

For everyone that isn't a hunter yes this is true, for hunters we get murder fucked as soon as we try and go super.

Also for anyone wondering yes throwing dagger kills count as melee kills. Also that kill twenty enemies without them hitting you? Way easier than you'd think it would be.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Arthil wrote: »
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    I dont find the titan helm to be that good, aiming the super actually makes you more likely to eat it before landing it. The armor exotics for titans seem not that great in general, but I am holding out a full complaint until I see more of them.

I dont have this issue when supermanning. Being able to aim is really useful for Crucible matches, where theres a lot of verticality and you may have 3 guys on a platform immediately above you, but if you come at it from the side and get above them you can zoom right in without having to get right up under them and hulksmash from 3 meters away.

@Hoodie13 How do you aim anyway? I've realized you gotta jump first before you can superman, and that using your double-jump ability makes it where you can't. But which stick actually aims?

Right stick aims. It's basically the center of the screen at that point.

edit: also you can totally double jump and superman. Thats how I do most of my bombing in the first place.

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Rend wrote: »
    Spaffy wrote: »
    So, here's a really dumb question because I'm level 23 and should really know this stuff, but what do you guys use special weapons for? With the sole exception of sometimes switching to a shotgun in tight spaces, I've never felt the need to switch to, say, a fusion rifle. I also don't understand what the different damage types are for. /noob

The three damage types are useful for endgame content to deal appropriate damage to enemy shields. If an enemy has a red shield, you use solar damage, a purple shield needs void damage, and a blue shield needs arc damage. You deal extra damage with the appropriate type, and reduced damage with the wrong type.

I cannot believe I didn't know that. I never even noticed the shields were different colours.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    how do you get dumb old exotic bounties

i'm level 24 and haven't gotten one

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    On Subclasses:

Exact opposite for me. I'd much rather fire a nova bomb at those Reaver Vanguards that just walked in the room than have to fend them off with grenades. Meanwhile in PvP I turn on the super and become a crazy death machine.

It feels a lot like tribes with low level jumpjets and popping over buildings and stuff. Just desperately trying to stay moving and airborne to make yourself harder to hit. Tons of fun.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Man, I needed those 3 Coins from buying >:(

• Options

Do regular bounties like vanguard and crucible eventually you'll get one as a turn in.

Also I finally got a ship blue print last night the no knights allowed one, that's a bad ass looking ship.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    I wonder if the DC's I was getting in the tower this morning were due to them having to take out the ability to buy strange coins. Oh well nothing I want on Xur aside from when I get to the part I need to buy from him for bad juju. I'll save my coins in case one time he has the last word on.

Anyone want to do the heroic weekly on the xbone tonight say around 7pm pst? I wouldn't mind some help with it because the idea of soloing moon strike is not one I think of kindly.

I'll probably be around maybe an hour or so after that time, but if you still haven't run through it, I'd certainly be down for it. The idea of soloing Phogoth is... not my idea of a good Friday night.

• Options

I'll probably be around maybe an hour or so after that time, but if you still haven't run through it, I'd certainly be down for it. The idea of soloing Phogoth is... not my idea of a good Friday night.

8pm is fine, I'm trying to plan for eating dinner and just doing nothing in advance, and since most of my friends list is still doing vault of glass I just want to finish the heroic weekly! We can also do the daily heroic afterward. And you can see my evil pistol of evil with its evilness. I love the armor pierce will shoot into enemies, makes fighting vex hella easier since they come at you in lines the dot applies to like three or 4 of them.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular

Do regular bounties like vanguard and crucible eventually you'll get one as a turn in.

Also I finally got a ship blue print last night the no knights allowed one, that's a bad ass looking ship.

Ah, okay. I've been chugging through 3+ of each pvp/pve bounty every night but just haven't seen one then. I'll keep at it. If only I could get these stupid salvage or 20 fusion rifle/2 kills off my list.

• Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular

Ah, okay. I've been chugging through 3+ of each pvp/pve bounty every night but just haven't seen one then. I'll keep at it. If only I could get these stupid salvage or 20 fusion rifle/2 kills off my list.

You can abandon them from your inventory just like you dismantle gear. Just in case you were aware.

Or do you mean they keep coming up in the daily rotation?

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options

Dump the salvage, but 20 fusion kills should be easy, just run around cosmodrone in patrol and kill shenks they usually line up next to each other.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Adda wrote: »

You can abandon them from your inventory just like you dismantle gear. Just in case you were aware.

Or do you mean they keep coming up in the daily rotation?

Daily rotation. :(

• Options
    You know what I haven't seen in a long while? A good Scout Rifle. My next quest should be for a good Scout Rifle.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I love my full-auto capable hard hitting The Last Word exotic handcannon.

I'm actually getting second and first places in Rumble with it. I can just drop people before they get into shotgun range.

....Unless they're a buddy I was playing with/against who has a shotgun that gives them a double distance slide. That slide distance. Man. That makes it harder.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    In theory I love hand cannons.
    In practice I hate the tiny clip sizes and long-ass reloads on them.

• Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    I didn't realize how much harder it would be to kill a Cabal Phalanx with Angry until today. That was rough. All I could do was shoot them in the hand.

Even on normal Phalanxes, half of the time when I shoot them in the hand, I still get "immune" popping up. :(

• Options
    I wear arms that give me a faster reload time specifically to cut down on the longer time of the Thorn. But they tend to be pretty damn good accurate for head shots and do more damage in a head shot than other guns.

I'd prefer the Last Word if I can get it somehow, because A. It looks awesome, and B. You can fan the hammer for speed shooting.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So I think the Moon mission (where you "waken the hive") is a better farming spot than the Cave of Wonder. You just let the Knight at the end of the wave kill you, more enemies spawn and it is really fast.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    DarkythDarkyth WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhg....
    55nulj4esmz2.jpg

Darkyth on
    Steam: Darkith | PSN: Darkyth | Destiny | NNID: Darkith | XBL: Darkyth
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    So I think the Moon mission (where you "waken the hive") is a better farming spot than the Cave of Wonder. You just let the Knight at the end of the wave kill you, more enemies spawn and it is really fast.

Sure, there's that. But Cave of Wonders has public events, massive waves of enemies every once in a while, and you can take a quick break for a bit and not miss anything!

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    I'm guessing you get a lot more than five points per kill that the Thorn was. And it doesn't look like it takes things from you like the Thorn did. So you'll be fine fucking warlocks are all over in crucible. Might as well be called warlocibile.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    5 Legendary engrams, not including the ones from the mail for leveling him up. I got 3 purples out of it!

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    In theory I love hand cannons.
    In practice I hate the tiny clip sizes and long-ass reloads on them.

I have a pair of gloves I wear in PvP where I have to reload under pressure instead of my normal Sun Singer exotic gloves.

+Strength
    +Faster Melee Attack Speed
    +Hand Cannon Faster Reload speed (this allows me to reload in the middle of a firefight as long as I can duck behind cover).

And my Hand Cannon is "The Last Word". 8 shots. It can fire off shots as soon as the last one goes off and has MASSIVE precision increases for hipfire as well as great scope and bullet options.

Hand Cannons are an amazing weapon for anyone at medium range that is actually capable of aiming a weapon. And this one? It's pure sex.

I wear arms that give me a faster reload time specifically to cut down on the longer time of the Thorn. But they tend to be pretty damn good accurate for head shots and do more damage in a head shot than other guns.

I'd prefer the Last Word if I can get it somehow, because A. It looks awesome, and B. You can fan the hammer for speed shooting.

Yeah, I've looked at the Thorn. There's no way I'd use it over my The Last Word. I love my gun. And it loves me.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    BruanBruan Registered User regular
    So.. I thought being in Korea and on a ps3, matchmaking would be a huge problem! I didn't think I'd get the weekly done to continue the exotic bounty.

45 minutes later, I think I found two Japanese players that carried me through the weekly.

Playstation: Anthai (Destiny)
    WiiU: jooncole (Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate)
    3DS: 2122-5983-8919
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular

I only just got one at 25 and I had been doing all my available bounties everyday for a whiiiiile

All my friends got one at 20/21 just kind of randomly, not even knowing they existed

• Options
    I didn't realize you could have an exotic weapon AND an exotic armor piece. I thought you could only have one exotic total.

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Darkyth wrote: »
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhg....
    21ampoqguwzs.jpg

Did that cost strange coins to buy? I still have some strikes left before I can get it and I want to know of I should not buy my Titan helm.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhg....
    21ampoqguwzs.jpg

I'm going to guess thats 1 point per shot or damage done?
    Cause 10k kills is just too insane even for bungie.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    DarkythDarkyth WARegistered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhg....
    21ampoqguwzs.jpg

Did that cost strange coins to buy? I still have some strikes left before I can get it and I want to know of I should not buy my Titan helm.

Yeah, 1 strange coin to buy the item from Xur.

Steam: Darkith | PSN: Darkyth | Destiny | NNID: Darkith | XBL: Darkyth
This discussion has been closed.