As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Time to fight, Guardians! Prepare yourselves for the Queen's Wrath!

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
edited September 2014 in Games and Technology
We called it the Traveler, and its arrival changed us forever. Great cities were built on Mars and Venus; Mercury became a garden world. Human lifespan tripled. It was a time of miracles. We stared out at the galaxy and knew that it was our Destiny to walk in the light of other stars.

But the Traveler had an enemy. A Darkness - which had hunted it for eons, across the black gulfs of space, centuries after our Golden Age began. This Darkness... found us. And that was the end of everything.

That is, until Peter Dinklage found you, Guardian!

7wqy627to2qz.jpg

Destiny: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy *deep breath* first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 and the first title in a proposed 10-year, zillion-dollar franchise from Bungie and Activision. It’s MMO-like – think gear, skill trees, leveling up, and party play – with an emphasis on exploration and discovery.

The game is set in our own solar system, 700 years in the future, following a prosperous period of exploration and colonization ushered in by the arrival of the “Traveler,” a mysterious celestial body (pictured above). The Golden Age came to an abrupt end as a result of a momentous event called “the Collapse,” a calamity that wiped out human colonies everywhere, and as our story begins, humanity has retreated to the Last City on Earth, our shared home and the launching point for our journey back to the stars.

The Traveler watches over the Last City, and it is recruiting heroes from Earth to help protect our doomed planet, but the Darkness that hunts it is descending upon us. We must fight back against that Darkness, Guardians. We must suit up and set out - to the Moon and the planets beyond. We are humanity’s last hope.

So join up! We have clans on both systems!

We've assembled a Bungie.net group - and within that group, a PlayStation clan and an Xbox clan - so that PA G&Ters can play together. We'll be running Strikes (instances) and Raids and hitting up the Crucible (PvP) in huge fireteams!

Edit (9/10/14): Pax Arcadia has hit the 100-player cap on the PlayStation side (Xbox side still has openings). If you are on PS4 and are looking to join up, you need to request membership in Pax Arcadia II, but I would encourage everyone to also join regular Pax Arcadia, in case Bungie raises or removes the cap in the future. See instructions below.

To join:
1. Send @GMaster7 (on the PS side) or @ObiFett (on the Xbox side) - or preferably, both - a PM, letting us know that you're applying.
2. Hit up the Bungie.net group for Pax Arcadia (right here, at this link) and apply for membership, then hit up the group for Pax Arcadia II if you're on PS4 (right here) and apply for membership.
3. Add yourself to the Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster that we've created to keep track of membership. Use the tabs at the bottom to select your console, and put yourself at the bottom of your tab's list. We'll bump you up to your proper alphabetical placement once you're in the group.
4. When we get your PM and see that you're on the spreadsheet, we'll accept you to the group(s). Then, you have to separately join your system's clan - so click "Set as PlayStation Clan" in Pax Arcadia II's banner if you're on PS3/PS4 or "Set as Xbox Clan" in Pax Arcadia's banner if you're on 360/XB1 to officially add yourself to the clan roster. (Note: This only works after you've played the game on your system for the first time.)
5. Friend some PAers, hop online, and take to the skies in the name of Pax Arcadia!

Pimp yourself out with these codes for emblems, shaders, and grimoire cards:
Redeem here: http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption

YKA-RJG-MH9 (Grimoire: Warlock)
3DA-P4X-F6A (Grimoire: Titan)
MVD-4N3-NKH (Grimoire: Hunter)
TCN-HCD-TGY (Grimoire: Rixis)
HDX-ALM-V4K (Grimoire: Old Russia)
473-MXR-3X9 (Grimoire: Hive)
JMR-LFN-4A3 (Grimoire: Moon)
HC3-H44-DKC (Grimoire: Gjallorhorn)
69P-KRM-JJA (Grimoire: Duke MK.44)
69P-VCH-337 (Grimoire: The Tower)
69R-CKD-X7L (Grimoire: Ogre)
69R-DDD-FCP (Grimoire: Valley of the Kings, Mars)
69R-F99-AXG (Grimoire: The Fallen)
69R-VL7-J6A (Grimoire: Red Death)
69X-DJN-74V (Grimoire: The Cabal)
6A7-7NP-3X7 (Grimoire: The Devastated Coast)
6A9-DTG-YGN (Grimoire: Vex Minotaur)
7F9-767-F74 (Emblem: Sign of the Finite)
FJ9-LAM-67F (Emblem: Binding Focus)
JD7-4CM-HJG (Emblem: Illusion of Light)
JDT-NLC-JKM (Emblem: Ab Aeterno)
JNX-DMH-XLA (Emblem: Field of Light)
7CP-94V-LFP (Emblem: Lone Focus, Jagged Edge)
X4C-FGX-MX3 (Emblem: Note of Conquest)
X9F-GMA-H6D (Emblem: The Unimagined Plane)
N3L-XN6-PXF (Emblem: The Reflective Proof)
A7L-FYC-44X (Emblem: Flames of Forgotten Truth)
7MM-VPD-MHP (Shader: Double Banshee)
RXC-9XJ-4MH (Shader: Oracle 99)

Find Public Events with this nifty tracker: http://destinypublicevents.com

Play dress-up with the Shader Previewer: http://db.destinytracker.com/character

If you can't seem to find a group in the thread, you can try: http://www.destinylfg.net

And finally, as always:

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
GMaster7 on

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    New 9/13 (Emblems):
    X9F-GMA-H6D
    N3L-XN6-PXF
    A7L-FYC-44X

What are these new emblems, does anyone have a preview image?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Mmmmm, fresh post smell.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Evil MonkeyEvil Monkey Grover beachRegistered User regular
    This is going to be a very long day at work all I can think about this game!

Evil%20MonQey.jpg
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Sweet new emblems, though I do like the tier 2 vanguard one I have.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Let me drag this over from the old thread:
    lodian wrote: »
    The community is on a rampage to exploit every single thing they can in this game, and I'm so sick of it. Exploited the Xur coin exchange - nerf bat, gone. Exploiting spawn points to endlessly farm - going to get the nerf bat. Went on the Nightfall strike with a couple people the other day, expecting a challenge - nope. They sat around discussing how they're going to exploit a door, peek and shoot until boss dies. There are people joining public strikes just to get a shorcut into the area around the strike - bonus points to the people that don't even leave the fireteam, making two people fend for themselves or have to leave and try again.

This is the worst part of online games. These people are going to do mind numbing shit for gear/coin at the expense of all players and then when they're finished - will complain of there being "nothing to do". Players that consider either of these things "activities" have no bearing on what an activity should mean.

Meh

I wouldn't be surprised to see the coin exchange back in a week or two; give them time to account-lock it. For now, the fastest response is just to turn it off, yeah, but they can fix it and re-introduce it.

I'm curious what their solution will be to some of the other things listed.

I'm guessing reduced spawn rates/drop rates from those monsters. Which probably screws us all, so hooray!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Well, it's been a mixed couple days.

I levelled up the Cryptarch, and got 2 Legendary Engrams in the mail (woo!)
    One of them turned into a Legendary Shotgun that can fire in full automatic mode (woo!)
    The other turned into an Exotic (woo!) for another class (boo)
    Found another Legendary doing bounties, turned into 2 strange coins (woo!/boo?)
    The exotic engram from Xur today turned into an Exotic for another class (boo)
    Thanks to the 2 coins from the earlier engram, I had enough to buy the exotic Warlock gloves from him (woo!)

Oh Destiny, never change.

Ganluan on
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Darkyth wrote: »
    Elin wrote: »
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhg....
    21ampoqguwzs.jpg

Did that cost strange coins to buy? I still have some strikes left before I can get it and I want to know of I should not buy my Titan helm.

Yeah, 1 strange coin to buy the item from Xur.

You can buy exotic bounties from Xur?

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    Man, I know I was salty as hell last night, but all I can think about is getting through today and playing more Destiny.

Ugh, this game.

I want to run every fucking strike. And then I'm gonna grind the hell out of that one that drops Hawkmoon, because I want that gun. I wants it.

• GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Elin wrote: »
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhg....
    21ampoqguwzs.jpg

Did that cost strange coins to buy? I still have some strikes left before I can get it and I want to know of I should not buy my Titan helm.

Yeah, 1 strange coin to buy the item from Xur.

You can buy exotic bounties from Xur?

One of the exotic bounties requires purchasing something from Xur as one of the steps.

• WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Oh man, Xur has to be around to get one of the steps to the Toland's Legacy exotic bounty?

That means I have to complete the weekly heroic strike and then 25 strikes... before he leaves. Oh dear. That seems unlikely D:

Or just wait a week!

Oh man, Xur has to be around to get one of the steps to the Toland's Legacy exotic bounty?

That means I have to complete the weekly heroic strike and then 25 strikes... before he leaves. Oh dear. That seems unlikely D:

You can do a vanguard strike list for the weekly requirement. I did the 24 version if that makes any difference.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • lodianlodian Coffee Grindhouse Titan VRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    805113.png

The new Escapist 'Critical Miss' column - Destiny in a nutshell.
    Preacher wrote: »
    I'm guessing reduced spawn rates/drop rates from those monsters. Which probably screws us all, so hooray!
    Probably - I'm more annoyed about these things than I need to be, it just puts a stick in my craw when people don't play a game normally. Most of this will change when the Queen's bounties adds more ways to get loot this week (I would imagine, anyway).

lodian on
    camo_sig2.pngPSN: aeroplane22 || Steam: kozmikx
    What I hate about a lot of the complaints is that people just gloss over the things they like about destiny to bitch about things that they hate, and if you hate it so much don't play it. Seriously stop playing something you don't like, I will never get this gamer belief they have to keep doing something they despise.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Ugh. I have 20 strikes to do before 9am Sunday? That...could be an issue.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Or just wait a week!

I... I don't understand

Nah moon strike over and over, boring as hell, but the fastest strike and at its starter level you can easily solo it.

pleasepaypreacher.net

Nah moon strike over and over, boring as hell, but the fastest strike and at its starter level you can easily solo it.

This is the path to burnout

avoid

So the consensus for getting strange coins is PEs and whatever gets you engrams to decode right? I need 3 to be able to buy an exotic and now I cant even do the material trade in to get them this weekend (

oHqYBTXm.jpg

avoid

I have a pretty high tolerance for just running around and shooting dudes. Like I still find that fun after grinding out the fucking 50 VIP kills for apparently no reason.

I may do some of this just to prop up the numbers mixed in with some Strike list.

Still a big time commitment.

• Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    I can't decide what's more fun, holding a point on control by popping the bubble and shotgun punching dudes as they try to tango with me in my special area, or running willy-nilly through the maps, giving out liberal doses of shoulders and knees.

I don't know how I'm ever going to find the time to level my alt. So glad I'm a titan.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.

avoid

For other lesser people yes. For me a hardened eq veteran who would spend twenty fucking hours camping the ghost and never getting the dwarven work boots? Its just another day ending in y.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DarkythDarkyth WARegistered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »
    So the consensus for getting strange coins is PEs and whatever gets you engrams to decode right? I need 3 to be able to buy an exotic and now I cant even do the material trade in to get them this weekend (

Did you do the weekly already? You get three from the level 22 version, or six from the level 26 version.

Steam: Darkith | PSN: Darkyth | Destiny | NNID: Darkith | XBL: Darkyth
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    How does Rumble work? Do you queue 3 or 6 people? if you queue a full group do you only face eachother?

If this is the case, at some point I need to recruit some lemmings to run into my void shotgun over and over for the sake of Thorn.

Did I say lemmings? I meant... friends. yeah.

• DacDac Registered User regular
    Why does it take so very, very long to get another person when a group member ditches on a Vanguard Strike? Is the game filling new groups before trying to fill old ones or something?

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • AerlevsediAerlevsedi Washington, the StateRegistered User regular
    whoops, missed the end of the old thread... Did anyone get a gunslinger exotic chest piece from Xur's exotic engram?

Bungie.net: Aerlevsedi
    xbox (one) live: brautigan219
    psn (four) : brautigan19
    Aerlevsedi wrote: »
    whoops, missed the end of the old thread... Did anyone get a gunslinger exotic chest piece from Xur's exotic engram?

I got one last week when I did it, the chest of the alpha wolf has a speed up for rezzing, apparently all classes have a variety of it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    ah, was just curious if it existed, thinking about buying it, but didnt want another blade dancer exotic armor piece

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    Why does it take so very, very long to get another person when a group member ditches on a Vanguard Strike? Is the game filling new groups before trying to fill old ones or something?

I don't know, but the other day, I was running Vanguard Tiger and it put me in a group that already had Sepiks down to half-health. By the time I walked into the room, he was dead. Not complaining. I'll take a thirty-second Devils' Lair 10 times out of 10.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Or just wait a week!

Only problem with that is you're down to 4 bounty slots to work on. Or in my case, 3. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Aerlevsedi wrote: »

I got one last week when I did it, the chest of the alpha wolf has a speed up for rezzing, apparently all classes have a variety of it.

The titan one I got today has it too. "You revive fallen teammates faster, and they revive you faster. Your Super also spawns additional orbs for teammates."

Did you do the weekly already? You get three from the level 22 version, or six from the level 26 version.

I did the normal weekly for 3. Took awhile to be able to beat the last boss from dying on the adds (stupid wizards and knights). I shudder to think about it at a higher level.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
    The additional orb thing just seems like 1 more orb from what I've seen, which still helps, but its not like you are rolling around in orbs like Demi Moore in indecent proposal.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • BaskeBaske Registered User regular
    Have any people in the xbox one PA group done vault of glass? I know there was a ps4 group that did it, but didn't see any mention of one for xbox one. I'm kinda interested in trying it this weekend :)

The xbone alpha group is on the last boss I believe.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited September 2014
    And let me tell you....he is simply lovely! Tea and scones. He's even got those little cucumber sandwiches!

(and by cucumber sandwiches, I mean doom....with mayo)

Aerlevsedi on
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Saw this on my twitter feed. Might be of interest:

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA

To be clear you get 3 "per a level" but the harder difficulties are inclusive of the lower ones. Caps at 9 for the 28 version IIRC.

To be clear you get 3 "per a level" but the harder difficulties are inclusive of the lower ones. Caps at 9 for the 28 version IIRC.

Right, and if you have done the level 22 one, you can still get three from each of the higher ones in the same week.

This discussion has been closed.