As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's [chat]

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Guess I am watching Bloodsport again.

@STATE OF THE ART ROBOT‌ did you see the other day where i was posting things about Frank Dux

it's stuff like "The accuracy of many of Dux's personal claims have been disputed, including his martial arts background, fighting in the "Kumite", and prior military service. According to the Los Angeles Times, the organization that allegedly staged the Kumite had the same address as Dux's house, and the trophy he claims to have won was bought by him at a local trophy store"

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    guys i just found the most adorable, clean and well run gaming shop/pub/coffee shop tucked in an area not far from my house.

it looks amazing. i'm so going back there a lot. and they have a ton of free to play board games in the back!

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Kirk b whyyyy

You could have had it all. Instead, you chose the neckbeard.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    halp

This cat has decided I'm not allowed to use the mouse

what do I do

uVFYO6gl.jpg

Looks like you might have to put it down and get a dog instead.

The best course of action.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    who is kirk b

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    I have gotten to the point of the week where I am fresh out of shits to give

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    That's like 99% chance a troll. That's the exact make up of every reddit troll post placed on every social media site and every youtube video.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    10628592_850564041634855_6762061504295601483_n.jpg?oh=1d23ff954d47128fe388f87790237ca0&oe=54955DC4&__gda__=1419296124_fbe5184f955f61737c0e72c3077fb26e

Yeah, this tweet cements it. I'm going to hecoming this year

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Free pizza. Office workers are so easy to bribe.

• Options
    That's like 99% chance a troll. That's the exact make up of every reddit troll post placed on every social media site and every youtube video.

I will be on r/mra if you need me.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Kirk b whyyyy

You could have had it all. Instead, you chose the neckbeard.

He doesn't have a neckbeard.

Though to be fair, he also doesn't have a chin, so maybe all facial hair below the mouth would be a neckbeard.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    yeah grunge wasn't so much a style so much as what people wore because that's what thrift stores carried

then nirvana happened and people were shelling out like $80 for flannel

speaking of which, patagonia makes some good flannel

jeans and jean jackets were (are) pretty handy in the rural areas around seattle as well. they'll protect you from stinging nettles and (if actual thick crusty denim not this hipster bs) blackberries.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Anyway

@‌Nova_C

Just go with SMGs. So far, my game has been way easier since I did that. I'm super early in the game still, but peeps is dying way faster now!

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    yeah grunge wasn't so much a style so much as what people wore because that's what thrift stores carried

jeans and jean jackets were (are) pretty handy in the rural areas around seattle as well. they'll protect you from stinging nettles and (if actual thick crusty denim not this hipster bs) blackberries.

I used to have a proper jean jacket and it was useful for messing around in the woods. Any place you had decent amounts of underbrush. It wouldn't get torn up by various branches and stuff.

• Options
    Well then.

Facebook loaded such a stupid comment from someone that the whole page crashed. Good job, random FB person!

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

yeah i mean i used to live in the middle of nowhere nh

jeans and flannels were common because lolwinter

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    part of me feels bad for kirk b

if that was real I kind of would as well

but the stories about brave christian ex marines standing up to homosexual secular jew professors are more likely

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    who is kirk b

an imaginary persona using the image of a mid 30s man to vent the complaints of a fictional college freshman

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I did a good jerb this week.

I will do good jerb next week.

I do good jerb all the weeks.

• Options
    bowen wrote: »
    halp

This cat has decided I'm not allowed to use the mouse

what do I do

uVFYO6gl.jpg

Looks like you might have to put it down and get a dog instead.

The best course of action.

NO no no nonononono

Kitty just needs a kitty treat!

• Options
    woooo I'm back at work still banging my head against this bug after being here until 2:00 AM last night / this morning

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Self pity is not attractive. If he is real, then he needs to stop with that. I fall in that trap sometimes, and I feel awful for it.

But, again, he is probably a troll.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    who is kirk b

an imaginary persona using the image of a mid 30s man to vent the complaints of a fictional college freshman

9/10.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    woooo I'm back at work still banging my head against this bug after being here until 2:00 AM last night / this morning

Delete all the code that comes before the bug and start over.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Programs are linear, right?

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    guys i just found the most adorable, clean and well run gaming shop/pub/coffee shop tucked in an area not far from my house.

it looks amazing. i'm so going back there a lot. and they have a ton of free to play board games in the back!

Nice, the only good coffee shop I've been to with games only had like, candyland

It was real cool chilling and playing candyland with a nice drink on a nice couch though.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

code is a recursive circle

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    i found one called the uncommons the other night when i was playing torchbearer

it was coo

tons and tons of free games

• Options
    edited September 2014

in an odd way kind of

the code is not but, as I was reminded lately by an interesting lecture about mocks in unit tests, the computer isn't running your code but the execution tree built from it.

though it is important to keep in mind it's never a single linear program but N linear programs running simultaneously at different speeds (which are different every time it is run) that need to work together properly

edit: if you've ever got far in SpaceChem that is the best analog of programming I have ever seen

further edit: only instead of 2 little grabber things on their own tracks there are dozens

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

In almost all cases, yes.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    I punched a wall this morning.

I have known a lot of violent people in my life, and they always said they felt so much better after committing physical violence.

Well, after this morning, I can say....they are full of shit.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    part of me feels bad for kirk b

if that was real I kind of would as well

but the stories about brave christian ex marines standing up to homosexual secular jew professors are more likely

It's been too long since that bit was re-posted. Here.
    A liberal muslim homosexual ACLU lawyer professor and abortion doctor was teaching a class on Karl Marx, known atheist

”Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Marx and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being the world has ever known, even greater than Jesus Christ!”

At this moment, a brave, patriotic, pro-life Navy SEAL champion who had served 1500 tours of duty and understood the necessity of war and fully supported all military decision made by the United States stood up and held up a rock.

”How old is this rock, pinhead?”

The arrogant professor smirked quite Jewishly and smugly replied “4.6 billion years, you stupid Christian”

”Wrong. It’s been 5,000 years since God created it. If it was 4.6 billion years old and evolution, as you say, is real… then it should be an animal now”

The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of Origin of the Species. He stormed out of the room crying those liberal crocodile tears. The same tears liberals cry for the “poor” (who today live in such luxury that most own refrigerators) when they jealously try to claw justly earned wealth from the deserving job creators. There is no doubt that at this point our professor, DeShawn Washington, wished he had pulled himself up by his bootstraps and become more than a sophist liberal professor. He wished so much that he had a gun to shoot himself from embarrassment, but he himself had petitioned against them!

The students applauded and all registered Republican that day and accepted Jesus as their lord and savior. An eagle named “Small Government” flew into the room and perched atop the American Flag and shed a tear on the chalk. The pledge of allegiance was read several times, and God himself showed up and enacted a flat tax rate across the country.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of the gay plague AIDS and was tossed into the lake of fire for all eternity.

Semper Fi.
    p.s. close the borders

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Deebaser wrote: »

code is a recursive circle

uC3tOwH.jpg

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Maybe instead of exchanging the Ray Rice jerseys people should just cut the sleeves off. Turn them into wife beaters!

mother of god

• Options

in an odd way kind of

the code is not but, as I was reminded lately by an interesting lecture about mocks in unit tests, the computer isn't running your code but the execution tree built from it.

though it is important to keep in mind it's never a single linear program but N linear programs running simultaneously at different speeds (which are different every time it is run) that need to work together properly

edit: if you've ever got far in SpaceChem that is the best analog of programming I have ever seen

This is one of the things that amuses me. One of the industry blogs like to do tests of VMSes using 4 cameras and using that to extrapolate performance. But with any program, performance isn't always a linear thing because there are lots of moving parts that all have to interact.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

In almost all cases, yes.

*VHDL grognard jumps through the window*

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Echo your luigi looks less rapey today

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    You know what I really appreciate? The fact that there's multiple popular cartoons for boys these days that address what are healthy and unhealthy ways to deal with romantic rejection.

I hope it means that boys growing up with stuff like Adventure Time and Gravity Falls will be less horrible than many of our peers.

• Options
    That wall had it coming, though.

This discussion has been closed.