As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Onward, Guardians! Into the Vault of Glass!

1939495969799»

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Anyone want to do the heroic weekly on the xbone tonight say around 7pm pst? I wouldn't mind some help with it because the idea of soloing moon strike is not one I think of kindly.

I'm up for helping if you need a third. ShadrakLor on XBL.

Don't panic if you see me on a lowbie warlock. Damned exotic engram became a warlock chest, and I already have legendary helm and legs in the bank for that stupid alt.

...I hate the Cryptarch.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Sure I'll look you up tonight brosef.

Also future revolvers are tough from all the cylinder slamming our characters do those hand cannons would be busted in a few days of combat.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DarkythDarkyth WARegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Darkyth wrote: »
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhg....
    21ampoqguwzs.jpg

I'm going to guess thats 1 point per shot or damage done?
    Cause 10k kills is just too insane even for bungie.

Ahh you are right. It is 75 points per kill. So not that bad at all! :disagree:

Steam: Darkith | PSN: Darkyth | Destiny | NNID: Darkith | XBL: Darkyth
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I'll make the new thread shortly. Is that supposed to happen... at the end of 99 pages, or at the end of 100?

And damn, we are blowing through these things. I'm going to run out of thread titles soon. But not really.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    I am the king of brightside medals.

Call me Mister Brightside.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    I'll make the new thread shortly. Is that supposed to happen... at the end of 99 pages, or at the end of 100?

And damn, we are blowing through these things. I'm going to run out of thread titles soon. But not really.

It is your destiny.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I'm going to lunch, so the new thread is up. Don't want the discussion to miss a beat.

Migrate as necessary.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
  • Options
    lodianlodian Coffee Grindhouse Titan VRegistered User regular
    The community is on a rampage to exploit every single thing they can in this game, and I'm so sick of it. Exploited the Xur coin exchange - nerf bat, gone. Exploiting spawn points to endlessly farm - going to get the nerf bat. Went on the Nightfall strike with a couple people the other day, expecting a challenge - nope. They sat around discussing how they're going to exploit a door, peek and shoot until boss dies. There are people joining public strikes just to get a shorcut into the area around the strike - bonus points to the people that don't even leave the fireteam, making two people fend for themselves or have to leave and try again.

This is the worst part of online games. These people are going to do mind numbing shit for gear/coin at the expense of all players and then when they're finished - will complain of there being "nothing to do". Players that consider either of these things "activities" have no bearing on what an activity should mean.

Meh

camo_sig2.pngPSN: aeroplane22 || Steam: kozmikx
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhg....
    21ampoqguwzs.jpg

Did that cost strange coins to buy? I still have some strikes left before I can get it and I want to know of I should not buy my Titan helm.

Yeah, 1 strange coin to buy the item from Xur.

You can buy exotic bounties from Xur?

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhg....
    21ampoqguwzs.jpg

Did that cost strange coins to buy? I still have some strikes left before I can get it and I want to know of I should not buy my Titan helm.

No the exotic bounty he has requires an item from xur for one coin. The heavy machine gun i got last weekend had the same thing.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AerlevsediAerlevsedi Washington, the StateRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Judas! where were you last night man? I sent you like 30 invites to party and fireteam when we needed another for zee raid? this is brautigan, your favorite booster

Also, has anyone ever gotten an exotic gunslinger chest from that engram that Xur sells?

Aerlevsedi on
    Bungie.net: Aerlevsedi
    xbox (one) live: brautigan219
    psn (four) : brautigan19
  • Options
    Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Crucible is not fun. It's not a level playing field but it pretends to be, which is annoying. Further, I'm pretty sure there is zero matchmaking going on. Teams are far less balanced than even titan fall, which people complained plenty about. It's really 4-5 games of winning by a 2:1 margin followed by 4-5 games of losing by the same margin. Very few close games.

Trojan35 on
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Trojan35 wrote: »
    Crucible is not fun. It's not a level playing field but it pretends to be, which is annoying. Further, I'm pretty sure there is zero matchmaking going on. Teams are far less balanced than even titan fall, which people complained plenty about. It's really 4-5 games of winning by a 2:1 margin followed by 4-5 games of losing by the same margin. Very few close games.

When you're in a fireteam you're more likely to be matched with other fireteams. Also, I don't notice a huge ratio of crushing to being crushed. A lot of my matches are reasonably close losses, like within a couple thousand points.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhg....
    21ampoqguwzs.jpg

No the exotic bounty he has requires an item from xur for one coin. The heavy machine gun i got last weekend had the same thing.

What is it called please?

Also, just soloed the weekly strike. Definitely appreciate how much I can make up for my terrible gear with skill.

• Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    3 strange coins disappeared out of my inventory last night :(

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    sainsain Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I really want to play this game but I'm getting constant disconnects. I can barely finish campaign missions without getting kicked into Orbit. I have zero issues with other games.

sain on
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Celian wrote: »
    Watched a MoreConsole Youtube video where he got a Titan chest with a "Carry an extra grenade" bonus. That seems so awesome on so many levels. I want.

If it works like the Sunsinger ability, it's slightly less awesome than it sounds. They refresh cooldowns/stock one at a time.

I got one for a Titan from chest piece roulette with Xur ( was really hoping for a warlock chest piece) I figured it had to be awesome, seeing how you're getting another classes ultimate ability on a piece of gear (sunsinger carry extra grenade) but I have yet to unlock that skill and see how it really is.

Oh well, pretty happy with the warlock gloves he's selling.

• Options
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Where's the best place to go for this Heavy Fallen bounty?

I keep getting it, then piecemealing it together over the course of the day.

If nobody has chimed in yet @OptimusZed‌ go to venus and go to patrol. Head left, there should be a captain I believe up on a ridge by where the strike entrance is. Kill him. Walk away. Go back, he'll respawn. He almost literally spawns right after you kill him and his mob. I couldn't believe how fast he respawned.

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    lodian wrote: »
    The community is on a rampage to exploit every single thing they can in this game, and I'm so sick of it. Exploited the Xur coin exchange - nerf bat, gone. Exploiting spawn points to endlessly farm - going to get the nerf bat. Went on the Nightfall strike with a couple people the other day, expecting a challenge - nope. They sat around discussing how they're going to exploit a door, peek and shoot until boss dies. There are people joining public strikes just to get a shorcut into the area around the strike - bonus points to the people that don't even leave the fireteam, making two people fend for themselves or have to leave and try again.

This is the worst part of online games. These people are going to do mind numbing shit for gear/coin at the expense of all players and then when they're finished - will complain of there being "nothing to do". Players that consider either of these things "activities" have no bearing on what an activity should mean.

Meh

And they've all been fixed? Are you upset about the exploit or the fixing?

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    skyknyt wrote: »
    I am almost positive that bungie didn't intend peopel to be able to delete and remake characters to buy infinite coins via glimmer, so that's probably why they disabled it.
    Crayon wrote: »
    People, as always, exploited it.

I have no problem with farm runs, or any other things where your taking advantage of the system, but that is pretty lame :( On the bright side you could only by a coin every once in awhile, I bought one and his stock ran out, so it wasn't easy glimmer -> coins

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Aww, there's no matchmaking for the weekly strike?

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Tommatt wrote: »
    skyknyt wrote: »
    I am almost positive that bungie didn't intend peopel to be able to delete and remake characters to buy infinite coins via glimmer, so that's probably why they disabled it.
    Crayon wrote: »
    People, as always, exploited it.

I have no problem with farm runs, or any other things where your taking advantage of the system, but that is pretty lame :( On the bright side you could only by a coin every once in awhile, I bought one and his stock ran out, so it wasn't easy glimmer -> coins

That's not how the exploit worked. Glimmer is shared across all of your characters, and each character could buy a Strange Coin for ~2400 glimmer. The exploit was that you could create a character, buy a coin, delete that character, and create a new one and buy another coin. Then just keep doing that until you ran out of Glimmer.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Aww, there's no matchmaking for the weekly strike?

Nope. And they lie about the level, this weeks is harder than 22.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
This discussion has been closed.