As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[mlb] Fake Playoffs Now. Real Playoffs Soon.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    That Derek Jeter gatorade commercial rules

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    That Derek Jeter gatorade commercial rules

Just realized the Orioles will play the Yankees for Jeter's last game in NY. Even with my disdain for Jeter's retirement tour, it is cool that I will see that by default.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    The retirement tour is hilarious

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular

That last game in New York is going to take like seven hours to play.

It is going to be on ESPN isn't it? It should be. I am pretty sure Cal's last game was on national broadcast.

• Options
    Derek Jeter was a better shortstop than Cal anyway

• Options
    RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    FortyTwo wrote: »

That last game in New York is going to take like seven hours to play.

It is going to be on ESPN isn't it? It should be. I am pretty sure Cal's last game was on national broadcast.

It doesn't look like it will be. According to ESPN, the last Yankees televised game is the 27th at Boston - second to last game of the season

That's not to say someone won't pick up his last home game and air it nationally but I was surprised all the same

Rayze on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular

Well, not at actually playing SS for sure.

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    FUCK YES RUSSELL MARTIN

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    The Giants Pirates wild card game is going to kill me.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »

We will both be having heartattacks on opposite sides of the country.

I will also hate your existence until the end of the game. But afterwards it'll be all good.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Maximum wrote: »

We will both be having heartattacks on opposite sides of the country.

I will also hate your existence until the end of the game. But afterwards it'll be all good.

The feeling will be mutual.

• Options
    Netflix recommends Ken Burns' Baseball? Sure yeah I'll watch it again.

• Options

I don't think there is anyone that has been more empirically wrong about something, ever.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I would say I'll miss hearing "past a diving Jeter", but that would mean I'd miss anything involving Derek Jeter, so

• Options

I don't think there is anyone that has been more empirically wrong about something, ever.

gettttt trollllleddddd

• Options
    I gotta say I'm super happy turning a last place team into a playoff team

Too bad my offense fell apart with Springer and Tulo going down

Besides everyone know the best Shortstop is Alex Rodriguez anyway

Jeter had a better average, OBP, .007 in slugging, and a better OPS but lol being a better shortstop

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Sucks knowing I had a chance to win had I simply not played my pitchers.

• Options
    It sucks because the only reason Zen and I are tied is because I'm an idiot who started Chris Young yesterday.

I don't know what the tiebreakers are, so I'll be sweating this until tomorrow morning.

• Options
    You'll win since you're ahead of me.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I thought it was head to head record?

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Its head to head record first, then overall seed.

And it will be Maximum, because on the aggregate during the year, he barely edged out Zen, 12-11 overall. That's the exact situation I got eliminated in the semis last year in.

EDIT: Although there is still a chance either of you takes it outright. If Molina gets at least 2 RBI more than Taveras does in the Sunday night game, Maximum wins. If Taveras belts 2 HRs or Neshek gets a Hold/Save, Zen wins.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Well whatever, 3rd or 4th after dead last.

With a plethora of young keepers.

Happy with this season.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    my season, tons of key injuries and the starters who stayed healthy under-delivered

will have to do a lot of homework in the offseason and retool for '15

• Options
    Angry wrote: »
    Well whatever, 3rd or 4th after dead last.

With a plethora of young keepers.

Happy with this season.

Super happy.

Kris Bryant is coming motherfuckers. :grin:

• Options
    I am going to have a big decision to make with Chris Davis.

I mean, he has so much potential, always has - and I have him. Is Chris Davis worth a 4th round pick?

Maybe?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm obviously not happy with this season but I'm not too terribly upset. I made some trades and got myself setup with keepers the way I want and I lost a lot of my top tier talent to injury.

That and a Miguel Cabrera down year really hurt me. I'm going to end up keeping him at my number one pick but I know I'll at least consider the idea of trading him.

• Options
    I'm just happy you dropped Bautista from your keepers.

I'll happily keep him in the first round.

Hopefully he gets traded to Boston.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I didn't drop Bautista...unless you're talking to someone else.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Your post didn't exist. I was obviously talking to 42 who chose not to keep him.

I know you hit your head after a long fall from the top but come on.

Angry on
  • Options
    Angry wrote: »
    Your post didn't exist. I was obviously talking to 42 who chose not to keep him.

I know you hit your head after a long fall from the top but come on.

I didn't have Bautista, I never had Bautista. Pizzle had Bautista last season.

• Options
    Well screw both you then!

• Options
    Yeah I had Bautista and he was more like Boo-tista when I had him, amirite?

I'm again keeping Upton, Kershaw, McCutchen and after that who knows ... Lots of mistakes were made this year.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Seriously. I'm not the brightest.but I would not have dropped Bautista

• Options
    He had two really injury plagued years and a first round tag, it was time to move on and I had just dealt for Verlander.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah I can understand why you'd ditch him.

He bounced back to form in a nice way.

• Options
    Schide/Maximum round infinity starting tomorrow. Get your popcorn ready.

• Options
    Question to the floor - is Chris Davis worth a fourth round pick as a keeper?

• Options
    i don't really think so

I'd say good value would be around 6-8 assuming bounceback potential

a 4th rounder should be a cornerstone player.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Question to the floor - is Chris Davis worth a fourth round pick as a keeper?

I don't think so. I don't think he is worth losing your flexibility in the fourth round, at least.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    even our keeper laden drafts have better options in the 4th

btw there will be a league vote next year to reduce keepers from 9 to 8, since this a major change, it will probably take almost unanimous approval to pass

This discussion has been closed.