As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV:ARR] Old thread bleh, use new thread.

1929394959698»

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    So, I hit MNK 50 last night, bringing me to 2 non-50 classes left (DRG, BRD.) Managed to get my kittyfists almost done, but the Titan run was...painful. So I have that to do tonight.

Ooo, grats. I'm 44k XP away from MNK 50 (which would be my first).

I'm assuming I should get my AF body quest done, and the storyline done. Then the dye and glamour quests... And then, I dunno what's next.

As far as cross-class skills, what should I have as a MNK?

1) Job quests.
    2) Main story.
    3) Reach GC 2LT (unlocks Hunts, makes gearing easier.)
    4) Relic.
    5) CT unlock.
    6) Coil unlock.

Crossclass, I would go with Mercy Stroke, Blood For Blood, Invigorate, and Bloodbath.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Renzo wrote: »
    It's less than a 10th of a second difference. The whole game runs on a 3 second universal refresh.

The main thing I'd be worried about is maneuvering out of red damage areas against bosses. The less latency the better in that case. Wish I could provide a more scientific analysis.

10th of a second is a big difference

If you asked me if I could remove 10th of a second worth of frames off an attack of one of my characters in a fighting game I would scream hell yeah! I, personally, can see the difference between a ten frame move and a 15 frame move. I can't react to it, but I can see that one move is longer.

Lower latency has a knock on effect on absolutely everything you do, everywhere in the game, at all times. It's always in your best interests to have lower.

I'll give an example. You have 90 ms lag. Will you notice it from zero? Probably not. Alright then, lets add another 90. Now you've got 180ms lag. Will you notice that? Yes. Add another 90. Add another 90. Human perception is a tricky business and directly comparing one to another doesn't work.
    The real baselines isn't zero, true. But the real baseline that everybody uses for comparison in these things is "When I press my buttons how long does it take for the game to respond" and that is what you are judging it on. The difference from that ideal: which is zero. No game can meet it, but I play a fuck ton of action games. A fuck ton. And in these actions games, I love to specifically seek out and learn to master frame specific mechanics. Just frames all over the place. There may not be any in this game, but just like in an action game, I'll jump at anything that removes some frames from everything I do.
    It matters to me.

Also I got in, so there's no point to this argument.

Tonberry is 2/3rds English speaking. So it isn't like I'll have to speak japanese all the time. I already know a little japanese and my girlfriend also learnt it, she speaks it (and more importantly, reads it) better than me. The game also has an auto translate feature and I know my way around google translate from working in a second hand bookshop. Not all books that come in are in english. :)

Also my girlfriend likes cats so I have to have somewhere I can have my embarrassing (male miqote) character created for her to giggle at.

Moku Manpuncher is for you guys.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Going to take that google drive folder down in a few days, fyi. If you want any pictures out of it please fetch them.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    It might make a difference on Titan in getting out of puddles, and maybe AoEs in general, but from what I've heard from other players is that gets noticeable if you are sitting at 400ms. That being said,
    So, I hit MNK 50 last night, bringing me to 2 non-50 classes left (DRG, BRD.) Managed to get my kittyfists almost done, but the Titan run was...painful. So I have that to do tonight.

I'm assuming I should get my AF body quest done, and the storyline done. Then the dye and glamour quests... And then, I dunno what's next.

The bolded is what you need to work on. There is a fair amount of content gated behind the storyline, especially needing to beat Ultimaweapon. So try to get the storyline advanced as much as you can.

The other stuff you can do on the side when you decide to break from storylining stuff. :smile:

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    @Delphinidaes‌ Also, reminder that we are getting close to thread limit. You have an updated OP for the new thread?

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular

1) Job quests.
    2) Main story.
    3) Reach GC 2LT (unlocks Hunts, makes gearing easier.)
    4) Relic.
    5) CT unlock.
    6) Coil unlock.

Crossclass, I would go with Mercy Stroke, Blood For Blood, Invigorate, and Bloodbath.

Which classes have those abilities? (I'm assuming one of them is Marauder, I seem to have some levels in it.)

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    @Delphinidaes‌ Also, reminder that we are getting close to thread limit. You have an updated OP for the new thread?

Yup, or rather it's almost done :)

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    @ringswraith‌

Maurader
    bloodbath - lv 8, Mercy Stroke - lv 26

Lancer - Invigorate lv 22, blood for blood lv 34

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    RieRie Registered User regular
    Oh, and for the GHOSTs attending FanFest, I'm thinking that we should put together a company battle team for the Battle Challenge.

a battle challenge, what?

FF14 - Rie Himawari (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Far as I understand it, it's a booth where teams are given pre-made characters to fight one of the Extreme Primals. If you win, you get a badass T-shirt.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    The fashion show put me in the cosplay mood. So I spent two hours putting together a Sailor Mercury outfit...
    For my male Lala
    eaX5VZo.png
    "Agent of Cure and Esuna, the pretty sailor suited soldier Sailor Mercury!
    gSEU3hP.png
    Douse yourself in Fluid Aura, and repent!

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    "Douse yourself in Fluid Aura"

B)

• Options
    Wait, there's an item that gives sentience to machines?!

I'd have thought an item like that would be introduced to the story with a bit more fanfare.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluid auras.

• Options
    ...I'm developing emotional attachment to a suit of magitek armor.

In all seriousness, the escape from Castrum Centri was a cool set of cutscenes. One thing that makes me wonder, though: I don't think that thing Y'shtola did was any spell that Conjurers or White Mages can learn?

Then again, the game isn't above doing that. I still want that move that was shown off in the level 30 Arcanist quest.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Her spell looked to be a similar version to the one Louisoix uses in the opening movie. I would imagine the twelve have possibly gifted individuals with certain spells, in this case maybe Nophica has something that Y'shtola learned.

Jakarrd on

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
This discussion has been closed.