As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Camp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Sup

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited September 2014 in Camp Weedonwantcha

imageCamp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Sup

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Found the cat.

• Options
    ZZ_ChopsZZ_Chops Registered User regular
    The "I hope the mountain lion is filled up on Tanner" Line has had me literally LOLing for the last 10 min.

• Options
    DublinDublin Registered User regular
    I'm sure Tanner is the most deliciousest Tanner there is. The mountain lion probably couldn'y believe his luck.

• Options
    Mountain LionMountain Lion Registered User new member
    Found the child.

• Options
    ReplicanttenReplicantten Registered User regular
    Majestic siege cat returns with a devious smirk, her faked decoy-absence managed to leave one more boy-snack on a platter.

Hope is a thin blanket Malachi and that parachute will not cover you from the scent of the merciless predator. I reckon that your promises will be put to test again soon enough. One skinny Tanner unlikely appeases big kitty, especially if he managed to flee.

• Options
    TrueStopwatchTrueStopwatch General Nuisance MassachasattsRegistered User regular
    Well, he didn't run.

• Options
    davidhbrowndavidhbrown Registered User regular
    @Mountain Lion.... well played :-) Went and found the thread on PA so I could add to your "awesome" count

• Options
    triggertrigger Registered User regular
    Brilliant strip today! It's always funny/touching, but today was especially laugh inducing. Thanks, Katie!

• Options
    hajenhajen Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    i wonder if the food crate is full of goodies, cuz, then the campers just deserted their desserts with the cat's dessert, pie ala Malachi.

hajen on
  • Options
    Mjolnir74Mjolnir74 Registered User regular
    The catamount looks a little shaky. Perhaps the imitation sardines are fighting back.

• Options
    metfanscmetfansc Registered User regular
    I really hope that Malachi is not keeping his legs sticking out from the parachute while burying his head in there because if he can't see him then the cat cant see :)

Kitty thinks things worked out just fine too

• Options
    Anon E MooseAnon E Moose Registered User regular
    Given Seventeen's close proximity to Malachi in panel 3 as they approach the crate, I think it's a given that Brian was close enough to have been able to snag both of them. I think this might be our first clear cut proof that his true priority is only protecting Seventeen, and good friends or not (perhaps he even sees completely through Malachi's sometimes selfish ways) he's not going to extend the same risk to save him that he would to save her.

Good page nonetheless. I hardly expect Malachi to meet his end here, so it will be interesting to see what happens next. Box full of tuna maybe?

• Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Given Seventeen's close proximity to Malachi in panel 3 as they approach the crate, I think it's a given that Brian was close enough to have been able to snag both of them. I think this might be our first clear cut proof that his true priority is only protecting Seventeen, and good friends or not (perhaps he even sees completely through Malachi's sometimes selfish ways) he's not going to extend the same risk to save him that he would to save her.

Good page nonetheless. I hardly expect Malachi to meet his end here, so it will be interesting to see what happens next. Box full of tuna maybe?

To pick nits, Brian is several little kiddie paces away from Malachai. That's a pretty big distance.
    Malachai is also ignoring all the loud verbal warnings to GTFO. So it's not like there's a lack of due diligence here.

But sure, I think it's safe to say that Brian prioritizes Seventeen to everybody else.

Twenty Sided on
  • Options
    spazziumspazzium Registered User regular
    Damn it! This is the first comic I've really enjoyed in a few weeks! I enjoyed the last long form Remember-All story much more.

Kitty.

• Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    Have to say this arc is dragging a bit. Resolution soon I hope?

No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    spazzium wrote: »
    Damn it! This is the first comic I've really enjoyed in a few weeks!

Kitty.

Yes and in every strip, you will be found anew.

• Options
    Exarch wrote: »
    Have to say this arc is dragging a bit. Resolution soon I hope?

Never let a good siege setting with great twists, excitement and humor go to waste.

I heartly prefer long continuums that are made with heart and mind, although one strip-contentions are in order too. Both have their place.

• Options
    FieryCocoaFieryCocoa Registered User regular
    Aw :( Brian left Malachi

• Options
    FieryCocoa wrote: »
    Aw :( Brian left Malachi

That was the will of the creator being.

In Katie we trust.

• Options
    Anon E MooseAnon E Moose Registered User regular

To pick nits, Brian is several little kiddie paces away from Malachai. That's a pretty big distance.
    Malachai is also ignoring all the loud verbal warnings to GTFO. So it's not like there's a lack of due diligence here.

But sure, I think it's safe to say that Brian prioritizes Seventeen to everybody else.

You picked my nits well and you have a point. Still though, I do think it wouldn't have been too much of a stretch (no pun intended) for him to grab the both of them. Your point of the repeated warnings is very sound, however due to the audience nature of having all knowledge, we know of course that Malachi safely assumed they were just kindly finishing his sentences for him :p So I don't know if his due diligence is too much of a reason for us to have hoped Brian might have grabbed him too.

Regardless, I'm certainly quite interested to see how he gets out of this situation. Whether Seventeen begs Brian to intervene, or if a deus ex comes into play I'm sure it will be entertaining.

• Options
    narwhaonarwhao Registered User regular
    I just marathoned this whole webcomic, it's easily become one of my favorites. A cute art style and dark humor just mesh really well, especially with the backstory to go with it.

• Options
    WasamiWasami Registered User regular
    Brian totally assumed Malachi was running just like the rest of them, and since seventeens got the shortest legs he grabbed her instead. Besides, carrying them both would result in all three of them moving slower than Seventeen would have been running originally.
    Glad this is not a George R.R. Martin strip cuz then we'd probably just expect him to die. :)

• Options
    MRTFMRTF Registered User regular
    To be honest.. Why do they even bother dropping supplies there? Or is this another case of the "we don't want you people to our country/home/place so we satisfy you by giving stuff we don't need or mind sharing". The ongoing immigrant situation is a good example, both for economic & social reasons.